It's never that hard to sneak a pro camera in, depending on the size. Use a backpack with LOTS of pockets, and separate the parts into smaller bags and such :LOL:

rules said no detachable lens'... so if they find ANY of the lenses or the body they will be like "wtf"

:/

rules said no detachable lens'... so if they find ANY of the lenses or the body they will be like "wtf"

:/

Yeah, but most fests do not check your bag very well, so as long as you hide it well... have a bunch of stuff in your bag, like wrap a towel around it. Seriously, at Lolla I saw some people just walk right in with them. It's hectic and they usually don't really care unless you get really unlucky.

what i sent:

Dear Application Determiner,

I am a graphic designer without a publication looking to bring my DSLR into the venue. I have already paid for entry "Special 3-Day Ticket" and do not need complimentary entry.

My camera (canon 400d aka rebel xti) does not have video recording capabilities, I will not be needing access to any 'photo pits', and I will not be bringing a telephoto lens nor a tripod.

Being that this is the only camera I own, what options do I have to being able to bring it ?

what i got back:

Thank you for your email.

As festival policy, we do not allow for Professional still camera equipment (no detachable lenses, tripods, big zooms, or commercial use rigs) to be brought onto the festival grounds.

:(

I'll prob give it a go the first day and attempt to get it in, but blahhh @ walking to another entrance to try and get in a few times

*edit*

ive been suggested by a friend to just keep the 50mm on, dont bring my kit, and remove the strap so it looks as compact as possible. Gonna give it a go.

• 3 weeks later...

I was just looking at the website to see if the schedule had been announced yet. nope. looking at last year's info, it doesn't look like they'll release the schedule till early August. Has anyone been to this festival before? Tips to share?

• 3 weeks later...
How many stages are there? Are the Black Keys probably playing at the same time as Muse, you think? I hope not, 'cause I'd really like to see them, too.

Just another month, guys!

I think there are four stages. I hope the Black Keys play before Muse on the same stage. I really want to see them too!

I read recently that this festival ends each day at 10pm sharp, so if that's true, I guess Muse would go on around 8. Sound reasonable?

That's so early! I think it ended at 11pm before, but I know the residents were complaining a LOT about the noise and parking problems in their neighborhood, so they could have changed it in recent years to accommodate the whiners. :(

*Edit - Yeah, I looked up an old schedule from last year. Looks like the last act went on at 8:30. :(

**Edit - And I looked up the stage names. There are four. Lands End Stage + Sutro Stage at the Polo fields and Twin Peaks Stage + Panhandle Solar Stage are at Speedway Meadows. I hope all the bands I'm interested in seeing stick to one side of the park. That is quite a bit of walking and I know I'll end up missing some portions of a set just going back and forth between sections with the inevitable traffic jam in between.. :erm:

Kind of pissed that I check my email, and there's one from Ticketmaster saying that single day tickets are being made available. :mad:

Why couldn't this have been said months ago? It would have saved me some bucks because I would just have gone on the Muse day.

Ah, well...I got the 3-day pass so I might as well use it to the fullest.

That's so early! I think it ended at 11pm before, but I know the residents were complaining a LOT about the noise and parking problems in their neighborhood, so they could have changed it in recent years to accommodate the whiners. :(

*Edit - Yeah, I looked up an old schedule from last year. Looks like the last act went on at 8:30. :(

**Edit - And I looked up the stage names. There are four. Lands End Stage + Sutro Stage at the Polo fields and Twin Peaks Stage + Panhandle Solar Stage are at Speedway Meadows. I hope all the bands I'm interested in seeing stick to one side of the park. That is quite a bit of walking and I know I'll end up missing some portions of a set just going back and forth between sections with the inevitable traffic jam in between.. :erm:

I'm definitely going to have to look at the park map. Any idea when they'll announce when bands go on? And which stage?

Kind of pissed that I check my email, and there's one from Ticketmaster saying that single day tickets are being made available. :mad:

Why couldn't this have been said months ago? It would have saved me some bucks because I would just have gone on the Muse day.

Ah, well...I got the 3-day pass so I might as well use it to the fullest.

You could try to sell it. Are there no other groups you like on the other days? I'm kind of so so on the other headliners. Not really a Phish phan, but if I'm there, I'll check them out. Same with Arcade Fire. I know so many people that love them, that I feel like I should give them a shot. KWIM? :LOL:

Who's planning to try for barrier for Muse?

You could try to sell it. Are there no other groups you like on the other days? I'm kind of so so on the other headliners. Not really a Phish phan, but if I'm there, I'll check them out. Same with Arcade Fire. I know so many people that love them, that I feel like I should give them a shot. KWIM? :LOL:

It's not a matter of not liking other bands on different days, it's a matter of being financially sound. It would have been a lot more wallet friendly to only get a single ticket for the day I really want (Muse day) instead of the more expensive three day pass.

That said, I'll be using my three day pass to the fullest extent and I'll be able to meet/hang out with Musers all three days. :D

It's not a matter of not liking other bands on different days, it's a matter of being financially sound. It would have been a lot more wallet friendly to only get a single ticket for the day I really want (Muse day) instead of the more expensive three day pass.

That said, I'll be using my three day pass to the fullest extent and I'll be able to meet/hang out with Musers all three days. :D

:yesey::happy:

Need to see if some friends are going. But most likely I'm there. I wish recent issues didn't keep me from affording 3 day passes but at least I can get a chance to see Muse.

EDIT: Confirmed. I'm going Saturday. This should be fun.

I have one 3 day ticket for sale if anyone wants it. I got the cheapest one (next to the early bird ones) so I can sell it for $200. Message me if you're interested! I may even have a pair, but I'm not sure about that yet

Archived