I just remember in that and especially Resistance kind of almost feeling confused about what to do :LOL: Had like 90 minutes of fairly lively songs and jumping round etc...then that

Starlight isnt so bad because at least there's the clapping and a bit of singing along (no matter how cheesy), the rest of the singles/regular songs i dont see anythign wrong with live :)

It didn't even make sense to play it though. It's flat and dull 99% of the time, it wasn't a successful single so casuals weren't desperate to hear it and it always kills the crowd's mood. Matt's logic really baffles me sometimes.

I think I might've preffered if they'd started the show with the general hits setlist and ended on the Origin stage and set.

It's the keytar innit! He loves showing it off :happy:

It didn't even make sense to play it though. It's flat and dull 99% of the time, it wasn't a successful single so casuals weren't desperate to hear it and it always kills the crowd's mood. Matt's logic really baffles me sometimes.

I think I might've preffered if they'd started the show with the general hits setlist and ended on the Origin stage and set.

I thought they should maybe have played something like B&H/MotP instead of the resistance singles, still well known enough but so much better live

And i think they way they did it was better to be honest, Feeling Good/Megalomania isnt the greatest ending to a set, and even though its predictable that riff at the end of Knights is always amazing :D

For R/L, Megalomania could have worked as closer (with flames and shit)

Yup, if they could've managed to really beef up that final organ note and had the fireworks go off at the same time it would've been amazing. The fireworks would've made more sense at the end of OOS as well, what with it being it's birthday.

Yup, if they could've managed to really beef up that final organ note and had the fireworks go off at the same time it would've been amazing. The fireworks would've made more sense at the end of OOS as well, what with it being it's birthday.

OoS? 10 year anniversary?

LET'S CELEBRATE KOC! :awesome:

Meglomania felt unnaturally weak in the 2011 return really. Organ could've been beefed up a bit and the last vocal part was just poor.

I can't imagine them finding any way to justify playing UD or GL next tour.

The frequency of GL last tour was pretty unjustifiable, so clearly that won't stop them.

OoS? 10 year anniversary?

LET'S CELEBRATE KOC! :awesome:

They'd better not close off another tour with KoC :noey:

you can rest assured that what seems to be the popular opinion in this message board really does not translate to a live venue ;)

people may not like guiding light (i dont care for it either but i dont waste my time dissing it) but no one really goes to a gig to boo songs. it may not receive as many cheers in the end, it's possible the public will be quieter for it than for other songs but honestly, in general no one is there dwelling on how shit a song is lol

i see you havent been to any muse gig yet so my advice to you - just GO and enjoy yourself :) no need to try to follow any 'trend' because you think it might make you a proper fan or something like that (plus you wont believe how many different 'types' of muse fans there are, this message board isnt really representative!), dont worry about people's complaints that some songs arent good live and that you wont enjoy them... this is all nitpicking. im sure you'll be blown away when you see them, they really ARE that good :)

+1

Except invincible is the best song ever written

Ok I know it isn't but it is my personal favourite :)

I kinda like Invincible live (Milan's performance was perfect) so I'm not bringing it on the same level as GL. But it was a very common song on that tour, played up to the very last gig at V Fest. After that though, it just left the setlists forever.

I wouldn't mind Invincible coming back. I wonder why they decided to completely drop it in the first place, did Matt start becoming afraid he wouldn't be able to pull of the vocals on the last chorus?

But yeah, Guiding Light is gone. Not sure about UD, he did have a keytar made especially for it so it would be a waste to stop using it but there's no way the band could deny how dead the crowd became during it.