potentially

lol

So, tell me, did these forums actually hate the actors used on T2L stadiums? I didn't actually mind it so much, especially what they did with Animals. Okay, I mean, Feeling Good is... well, I put it nicely, bad, whatever you do with it. Guiding Light/Blackout was alright, bit random but okay.

TL;DR: Wouldn't mind if they do it again, as long as it's not on FG.

They were completely fucking awful.

lol

I mean, I have also seen a phallic Thunderbird 2 with a black paint job float (unsuccessfully) around an arena and nearly knock a man and his piano off a catwalk during what I think was supposed to be a sincerely dark moment.

...and Matt 'sensually' rubbing his chest/nips

.....and a ten-foot cardboard robot simulating 'rockstep' (that they were so embarrassed by they ended up leaving it off the DVD)

The UD actors were dumb but they have competition.

Am I losing my memory, or did Matt actually not even bother to wear the right jacket during that coffin scene as the tour went on? :chuckle:

Did that happen during the Rome DVD?

I forgive the black blimp simply because at one point, for quite a long period of time, setlist.fm had the word "dildrone" written on it.

Still didn't erase the pain of watching Matt fondle himself. Twice.

Am I losing my memory, or did Matt actually not even bother to wear the right jacket during that coffin scene as the tour went on? :chuckle:

Did that happen during the Rome DVD?

I think that's how people realised it was pre-recorded, yeah :chuckle: Nobody even considered it before 'cause it just seemed like such an innocuous thing to pre-record.

Never watched the Rome DVD in full tho so wouldn't know if it came from that.

They never "got over with" the Resistance Tour.

I mean, if you want me to reword it then "they didn't really follow through with the voting thing and decided to just get on with the rest of the tour as norm"?

Vaguely on topic, first announcement by Reading and Leeds is confirmed for 7:30am tomorrow morning.

Usual case is that second headliner is announced in January, and then full line-up in March.

Niccce, knew it was this week but didn't know the time (even if I'm still not expecting it to be Muse yet). Second headliner's usually been late February in recent years tho, no?

I read it more as TR was a real turning point for the band when it comes to how they approach gigs and setlists, and they've never moved on from it.

I'll always regret not seeing them play before they decided that every gig has to be a gimmick.

And I unfortunately think when the time comes that they aren't big enough to pull it off anymore, that they just will pack it in.

Niccce, knew it was this week but didn't know the time (even if I'm still not expecting it to be Muse yet). Second headliner's usually been late February in recent years tho, no?

It was only announced in the last hour or two that they'd be doing the announcement tomorrow.

For 2016, RHCP was done first in December, then Foals/Disclosure in Jan, then Biffy/FOB with the full line-up. Second headliner does seem to float between late Jan and early Feb though.

I read it more as TR was a real turning point for the band when it comes to how they approach gigs and setlists, and they've never moved on from it.

Ooooh, well then yes this is true :chuckle:

(tho I still hold Muse have been a gimmicky live band since OOS, it's just that TR onwards is where it feels like the productions have taken over the performance)

And I unfortunately think when the time comes that they aren't big enough to pull it off anymore, that they just will pack it in.

I think that's a feeling I've had for a while without actually saying it, Matt'd probably just make another extreme out of it and think "we can't sell out stadiums and arenas anymore so nobody wants to see us at all".

Kinda sad but I can see that happening within the next 10 years or so. Can't see them going beyond 2030 at all.

Why? Lots of bands playing stadium these days haven't put out decent music in years or even decades.

I think once you get the stadium rock legend label you just kinda stay there forever and Muse got there in Europe. They wont ever play a stadium again in Norway or Finland but they will always sell out in most european countries. Plus they still are making good songs and albums.

Edited by White Heat

They're making good songs, but the mainstream doesn't care about them at all.

They could possibly tour the UK and areas of Europe for the rest of their days on the strength of their stage set ups, and their big radio hits.

Just the fact that they seem to have already taken on the attitude of a band playing their Greatest Hits tours relatively early in their career makes me wonder.

On the other hand, it seems like they're already pretty much done in the US. The US tour was incredibly short because they couldn't viably sell enough tickets in most areas, and their gig sales have been steadily dwindling in many big markets here since immediately after TR.

I don't see them doing more than a handful of tour dates in the US on subsequent tours, when sadly it would make the most sense to just save money, scale back and do smaller venues, building up a strong fan base built on strength of performance, not on gimmicks.

Seeing them tour in a manner that's inaccessible to a lot of their fans instead of doing something smaller says a lot about the band's priorities.

Over here everyone knows Muse even if they aren't into them. I'm talking about young people though. And the radio still play Madness, SMBH, Uprising or even Psycho. Spanish 2nd party leader and quite a few national stars went to their Madrid gigs (which broke the arena record btw). Just saying :LOL:

aaand thats pretty much all you need. If they stop filling stadiums i'd say is more the fact that rock is dying.

Edited by White Heat

Nah you just have a very common problem these days called labeling which makes you believe that somehow Muse and Coldplay are the same genre.

You were the first person to bring labels into the discussion :erm:

If anything, "labeling" would be about those people who have a constant need to debate whether or not certain bands belong in the same group or should be split into seperate genres.

Oh wait...