Or they're considered pop, depending on who you ask.

They've definitely got more pop as they've gone on IMO. When I'm in contact with pop radio they play stuff from their last album alongside the usual top 40 bores.

:LOL:

Believe me, I'm no genrephile but absolutely not.

As for Muse, I don't think you can say either way. I'm pretty sure even they don't know what they wanna be.

Muse have had that for a while of wanting to do sonic experimentation to the point where a lot of their songs are in entirely different genres to one another. At first I liked that tbf, but its become a bit more muddled on the last 2 records.

Apparently they're confirmed as first headliners for R+L :awesome:

Official announcement from the festival obvs in a few hours.

(bombard them with tweets about black holes)

To be honest Reapers is a metal song

is it thoooo

Edited by Jobby

Ah bollocks, Bastille as well. Danny Brown could be interesting though :chuckle:

Edit: aaaand que the universal comments of "fuckin muse? really? wank m8" and "where's kasabian and prodigy" :chuckle: the English festival crowd, ladies and gents

Edited by Jobby

Tbf loads of people moaned when Muse were announced for Glastonbury but they still drew a crowd of over 70,000 according to the estimate I saw posted. So its probably normal.

I might do this but it depends on the support bill. Although a theatre warm-up date at Brixton, as some headliners do, would definitely have my attention.

Very interesting indeed. How long after their announcement in 2011 did they mention OoS being played? If this is going to be a 'special' show in any way, I'm there.

OoS at Reading was announced at the time, iirc.

Yeah as far as I remember it was immediate when they were announced as doing R+L that year that it would be Origin in full.

EDIT: From the site when it was announced in March 2011

We're very pleased to announce that Muse will be headlining this year's Reading and Leeds festivals. The band will close the main stage on Friday August 26th in Leeds and on Sunday August 28th in Reading.

At the festival, to celebrate 10 years since the release of Origin Of Symmetry, Muse will be playing songs from this album alongside others spanning their career to date. Not only this, but they'll also be bringing a whole new stage production that will only be used for these two performances.

Edited by forevermusic

Yeah as far as I remember it was immediate when they were announced as doing R+L that year that it would be Origin in full.

EDIT: From the site when it was announced in March 2011

The first time it was mentioned to actually be played in full was from Matt's tweets. First he said they'll play it in full and followed with "just wanna make sure you get the tix" or somewhere along those lines. Even then people didn't find it very plausible to actually happen until all the media picked up on it for real.

Remember people on here thinking it would be the hits, CE, SD, Megalomania and maybe MC. And people still dreamed of exogenesis in full.

The first time it was mentioned to actually be played in full was from Matt's tweets. First he said they'll play it in full and followed with "just wanna make sure you get the tix" or somewhere along those lines. Even then people didn't find it very plausible to actually happen until all the media picked up on it for real.

^^^ Think it was first hinted at around January/February, iirc. Trying to find the tweets now but Twitter's being an arse for me, the official announcement wasn't until March 21st though. Probs still a bit early to announce, if something was to happen. Last time, I don't think the festival actually said anything about OOS (like they did with Green Day doing Dookie) so it's likely the band didn't decide until a fair while after they'd been booked, hence why nowt was hinted at until Jan/Feb.

I've not got my hopes up guys, promise.

Honestly they already played literally half the album this tour.

(t'was pretty much same with OOS)

Plus, only one of those 'half an album' songs was genuinely brought back from a long time ago so it's not really a special statistic :chuckle: Other than TAB (which still stuck around on and off after BH&R), the rest have been regulars or staples since 2006.

Edit: In fact, OOS was actually in better shape in terms of how recently things had been played. Only 3 of it's songs hadn't been played since it's respective album tour, and the latest of the rest of them was 2007/2008.

BHR 11th anniversary gig, has anyone ever done that :LOL:

I'm not a Green Day fan so I wasn't aware it was early but someone pointed out that their Dookie set a couple of festivals ago was a year early. If you're a believer that the Psycho Tour was actually a bastardised version of what they were planning for a 20th anniversary then that came a year late as well.

Edited by Jobby

Also kids, I've said it before but get tweeting Matt and the band about it if you want some potential early hints/letdowns.

Do you know when they go on sale?

(Multi-day festival virgin, also poor.)

January maybe? You can buy them at any time though, they don't sell out until right up to a week or two before the festival.