January maybe? You can buy them at any time though, they don't sell out until right up to a week or two before the festival.

Oh right OK. That's good. Woot! Now I have to decided whether Reading or Leeds. I can guarantee whichever one I go to will have a shit set list though, so once I've made my decision make sure you all go to the other one :indiff:

Oh right OK. That's good. Woot! Now I have to decided whether Reading or Leeds. I can guarantee whichever one I go to will have a shit set list though, so once I've made my decision make sure you all go to the other one :indiff:

I imagine they'll both get exactly the same, don't worry :chuckle:

I expect something special, but definitely not Black Holes in full.

Oh yeah, I'll get my hopes up like an absolute moron but I don't actually expect it :LOL:

Matt specifically only mentioning US festivals for 2017 just a few weeks ago potentially looks a bit fishy now tho...

Either way, even aside from R+L, that "more announcements around new years" is exciting. Can't just be festival spots 'cause they announce things on their terms so it's either an announcement for something they're doing at a festival or something of their own.

The first time it was mentioned to actually be played in full was from Matt's tweets. First he said they'll play it in full and followed with "just wanna make sure you get the tix" or somewhere along those lines. Even then people didn't find it very plausible to actually happen until all the media picked up on it for real.

Remember people on here thinking it would be the hits, CE, SD, Megalomania and maybe MC. And people still dreamed of exogenesis in full.

I remember an interview with them in NME about it when they announced it. But yeah I also recall that even though they were doing interviews closer to the date of the festivals saying they were rehearsing Hyper Music and Darkshines people still didn't think it would happen. :chuckle:

I'm not a Green Day fan so I wasn't aware it was early but someone pointed out that their Dookie set a couple of festivals ago was a year early. If you're a believer that the Psycho Tour was actually a bastardised version of what they were planning for a 20th anniversary then that came a year late as well.

Yeah, 19th anniversary runthrough of Dookie in full. It had been done a few times earlier that summer tbf, as Green Day were planning to take 2014 off (and as it turned out, 2015 too) so couldn't do either that one or the 10th anniversary of American Idiot in the right year. I was genuinely surprised by it tbf - I went to the warm-up gig before Reading at Brixton, and the first suggestion it was a thing was Billie Joe saying they were gonna do it before going straight into Burnout.

Still, if they're trailing they've got plans and all will soon be revealed, I'm prepared to wait. Be interesting and weird if this is how they do the "by request" arrangement. :chuckle:

hmmm

I'd say Aerosmith with a RATM outro. Maybe not metal, but heavier than most the stuff from Black Holes, Resistance and 2nd Law at least.

Every post touring cycle festival gig has always been a bit special; V, R/L, even those South American ones which probably would've been even better if Matt's voice hadn't been screwed.

At present I expect nothing more than a good set made of songs played this touring cycle, maybe the usuals + Assassin, B&H, CE, Micro Cuts at a push.

Hopefully they wont play The Globalist.

But yeah I also recall that even though they were doing interviews closer to the date of the festivals saying they were rehearsing Hyper Music and Darkshines people still didn't think it would happen. :chuckle:

The result of being burned by the summer setlist polls :chuckle:

Didn't help that even the official announcement article only said "we'll be playing songs from OOS", leading people to believe they probs meant PIB, FG, New Born and CE/Bliss at a push.

I was still relatively uninitiated when it came to the live skepticism though, so my 14-year-old soul ran straight downstairs begging permission to go :love:

Hopefully they wont play The Globalist.

I assumed it'd be dead as soon as the arena tour finished 'cause they wouldn't have the balls to play it at festivals, so I'll stay quiet on that one :shifty:

Just one of Hoodoo, Invincible or COD would make my life :supersad: Hell, I'd be happy with Exo-P tbh. Could hardly complain if they just decided to do Assassin and say "eyy black holes there you go" tho.

The result of being burned by the summer setlist polls :chuckle:

Didn't help that even the official announcement article only said "we'll be playing songs from OOS", leading people to believe they probs meant PIB, FG, New Born and CE/Bliss at a push.

I was still relatively uninitiated when it came to the live skepticism though, so my 14-year-old soul ran straight downstairs begging permission to go :love:

I assumed it'd be dead as soon as the arena tour finished 'cause they wouldn't have the balls to play it at festivals, so I'll stay quiet on that one :shifty:

Just one of Hoodoo, Invincible or COD would make my life :supersad: Hell, I'd be happy with Exo-P tbh. Could hardly complain if they just decided to do Assassin and say "eyy black holes there you go" tho.

Initially I was planning to miss it thinking they wouldn't do it. It was only the week of the gig I got a ticket through here, and even then, it was as much to see a few of the bands on before Muse as well as the main event, plus sample it as I'd not been to a festival before (Hyde Park doesn't really count, let's be honest). But it was still surprising when the set came through that it was done in full at Leeds on the Friday. And that they also set fire to the stage. :chuckle:

But yeah, the vagueness does make you think they'll just bring back a couple of Origin tunes but not the full enchilada. I think it was the magazine interviews that sowed in the idea it was actually gonna be a thing.

I wouldn't be opposed to Globalist but yeah, given its not a festival song, it would still continue the circle of "What the hell?". If it is by request Assassin and Butterflies are top of my "wanna see" list... maybe it might be worth sending a Tweet.

I did both the year they did Origin. Aside from the fact it was seriously pissing it down at Leeds, the crowd at Leeds was basically a 'nicer' crowd than at Reading if that makes a difference to you. Reading is overwhelmingly dominated by 16-17 year olds who really really can't handle their drugs and drink, even more so than at the other big festivals.

I was back at the sound tower and the flames were roasting there... I can't imagine how it must've been at the fromt

Nice. They weren't as hot at Reading... probably because they got told to tone it down after the Megalomania incident. :chuckle:

Although at Emirates I got to have a bit of a feel of that. They were very toasty and I was about halfway up the pitch.

The video Muse posted about R/L on their Instagram is footage from Live at Rome with random festival crowd shots edited in. :chuckle:

Tbf that footage has been used for other tour announcements.

Though would've been nice for a vid like at Glastonbury with footage from slots of yore. Or something like this: http://www.nme.com/blogs/history-muse-reading-leeds-festival-1884798?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

My bet would just be a standard set similar to the festival legs last year tbh, I always said i've been to enough Leeds festivals over the years that I wouldn't like to go back before I've tried some more around the country, but looks like I'm probably going to go to this ha

Same here with Reading. I swore I was done with it but my willpower is shite :$