That's why I prefer a band like Foo Fighters live. They play 30 song sets. Fuck yeah :awesome:

Even Radiohead plays 23 songs on average.

Radiohead at coachella = 20 songs

Muse at coachella = 14 songs (as I don't count Nishe and Helsinki Jam as songs)

Not only this, but a 20 song Radiohead gig is pretty short. On this tour it's been 22-24 a gig mostly but it used to be 24 songs a gig minimum.

17 songs would be fine, generous, even, if the average song was longer then it is. Muse songs are typically a little longer then Radioheads, but not quite enough to come close to making up for it. A band like Tool on the other hand is fine just playing 11 songs because they're all so fucking long.

17 songs would be fine, generous, even, if the average song was longer then it is. Muse songs are typically a little longer then Radioheads, but not quite enough to come close to making up for it.

I'm not sure about this. With the exception of HTTT Radiohead songs tend to be on the longer side. I'd say the average song length is around the same.

Muse were only given 1h30 on stage though. Not sure how long they actually played but it certainly accounted for their only being 14 songs.

Edited by Seaking

I suppose there's an element of weeding out songs with jams and intros.

Some of them work as they help build up the song's (like the guitar fretwork before Supermassive, or the drum/bass jam and Depeche Mode sounds before Undisclosed Desires (although with UD they're often better than the actual song).

Some of them though are needless - I mean, the riffs after Stockholm are cool, and MOTP I can't really imagine without a riff, but the amount of riffs around TIRO got fucking ridiculous, Back in Black after Hysteria was fairly needless (although it was quite good at Reading), and the Harmonica intro for KoC isn't really a neccessity.

I can imagine there being less riffs/jams on the next tour, but there probably will be some.

Muse were only given 1h30 on stage though. Not sure how long they actually played but it certainly accounted for their only being 14 songs.

Well most of last year's festivals gave Muse a 2 hour slot, and R/L was the only one where they actually used it. The rest were around 90 minutes.

=

Some of them though are needless - I mean, the riffs after Stockholm are cool, and MOTP I can't really imagine without a riff, but the amount of riffs around TIRO got fucking ridiculous, Back in Black after Hysteria was fairly needless (although it was quite good at Reading), and the Harmonica intro for KoC isn't really a neccessity.

I love Man with A Harmonica.

I love Man with A Harmonica.

It was good the first few times they did it. When they'd played it every single time for the entire tour, it got very boring and predictable. MWAH needs to go away, at least for a bit on the next tour. In fact, Knights as a whole needs to be held back a bit as well, there's no need for it to be played at every gig.

I actually like MWAH (come at me) but not every damn concert.

If Knights is the closer I think it sets the mood for the ending. But Knights next tour should really spend more time somewhere else, like closing the main set without the harmonica. When they kept playing it so often MWAH turned from the mood setter to just a sign the gig was over.

It was good the first few times they did it. When they'd played it every single time for the entire tour, it got very boring and predictable. MWAH needs to go away, at least for a bit on the next tour. In fact, Knights as a whole needs to be held back a bit as well, there's no need for it to be played at every gig.

I actually think it still needs to be played in every gig (obviously without MWAH and absolutely not as a closer), being so good live. And, in Bellamy logic, it's also a single so it pleases the casuals.

I love how this got totally ignored :LOL:

Voices about an acustic gig last saturday at the Ness hotel in Sheldon (in front of 300 people) are starting to spread... lolwut