I fell in love with muse not so long ago ( i wish it was earlier ) when i heard supermassive black hole. I was on vacation, so i couldnt download to my pc or anything like that.I always kept my radio on so that i wouldnt miss it :D Untill then i didnt think that i could adore a band that much, but its a love that will last forever :DDD

To be honest as I'm from Exeter, I was lucky enough to see muse @ The cavern & The Lemmy supporting bands and at first I just thought that they were going to be just another local band knocking around for a few years then splitting, HOW WRONG WAS I !!!! Any how even though I liked their music I did not think enough people would.But thats history & my very first veiw on things Dan.

My bro was watchin Hullabaloo. I peaked in and saw some skinny fuck with spikey hair playing a very goth sounding song on his keyboard. I was like, what the hell is this? Then I heard Microcuts and thought, wow, this is quite good. I only had fury, microcuts, and megalomania for the longest time. Then I bought Oos and Abso, and I was hooked.

BTW, the goth sounding song was Megalomania :)

I watch music channels with my eyes closed because I don't want the visual, but I don't want to listen to the radio. (?) So I heard Knights of Cydonia and I absolutely freaked out. I actually found it quite tongue in cheek...heard the video is funny..(?). So I ran to download it only to find out I already had Supermassive Black Hole. Didn't realize at first obviously, but yeah, I've been cracked out on them ever since and just saw them on Aug. 6th. I still don't have words.

:LOL:

That was probably mine actually! Then saw Bliss on a music channel in Italy on a holiday but didn't know who it was. Then heard Citizen Erased live on a Q compilation CD and bought the Hullabaloo DVD the next day, OOS & Showbiz being bought swiftly after!

edit: and here it is!

aqrBYRCxy2E

That's fantastic! I would either have run over him or go around via sidewalk.

Well, my first one was Plug in Baby, on the radio. But, at first I didn't act on it. I like dthe song, but wasn't too bothered.

Then when I heard Stockholm Syndrome I didn't like it (:eek: I love it now, but I had adifferent taste in music then). However, having heard TIRO I bought Abso. Yet still, I didn't listen too it much. I liked Muse, but rarely played Abso.

But then, I heard SMBH. I was shocked by how weird it was. The song was so infectious though. I bought BHAR, and loved every minute of it. From that, I listened properly to Abso, and loved it so much. Finally, out of Muse addiction, I went out and bought all the DVDs, CDs and several EPs. I became hooked really because of SMBH.

It was like 6:30am in the morning, January 2004. I had snuck into my boyfriends flat the night before because his flatmate hated me and she owned the flat so didn't like me there.

My boyfriend was pissed off, had just seen Muse at Big Day Out and was telling me how awesome the basslines were. So he decided to show me and he these really amazing speakers, turned the bass up really loud and played me TIRO and Hysteria. The whole crappy place shook, teach his flatmate for being a bitch (although he got evicted a week later, haha).

He's now an ex boyfriend and the only reason I wouldn't go back and erase him from my life if I could was introducing me to Muse. I thought, BASSLINES OF SEX. Borrowed the album and then here I am, going to Scandinavia to see them 3 times in 4 days.

First song I heard was Bliss, way back in 2001, when my uncle played it in his car. I loved it and placed in in my Mp3 player but I wasnt obsessed with Muse then.

A few years later, I heard Hysteria and Sing for Absolution from the same source. I loved them both, although not as much as Bliss. Placing them in my Mp3 player, I still did not care that much about Muse yet.

In May 2006, my uncle told me that Muse's new album was coming soon and I was like "Yeah, OK." A week or so later, Supermassive Black Hole was broadcasted on radio. Oh my, you guys had no idea how much I adored that song. I even felt that it was on par with Bliss. I also found out that it was from Muse. Appalled by the drastic change in sounds from Hysteria and S4A, I couldnt believe my eyes/ears.

However, I finally realised that this little 3-piece was more than meets the eye. Muse announced that they were coming to SIngapore during the start of the 2007. I (again) was made known of this by the one and only original Muse fan in my family, my uncle. :LOL: At that time my uncle passed me his BH&R album and told me it was OK but far from their best (his fav album was Showbiz, he was an old Muse fan and he liked them when he was a teenager). Upon hearing the album, I immediately felt an attraction to Map of the Problematique. I felt that I was ready for the upcoming concert, armed with 5 songs. :D

After attending the concert on 16th January, I felt a new love for Muse. One that propelled me to obsession of the highest degree. Immediately after the concert I fell in love with the following songs having heard them live: Knights of Cydonia, Feeling Good, New Born, Plug in Baby, Stockholm Syndrome and Sunburn.

Needless to say, my love for the first few songs that I heard were strengthened tremendously, particularly Bliss which Muse extended.:happy: I borrowed all the albums from my uncle instantly after the concert and started listening to it on playback.

I later found out that Muse were playing Wembley and that it was going to be a massive gig. My parents and I agreed to travel to England to watch this phenomenal band again. My siblings were converted to fans as well. Unfortuantely, my uncle was in a hectic schedule in June so he couldnt follow us.

I also realised that Bliss has suddenly disappeared from the setlist and I was depressed. My family and I reached London at about 5 pm on the 16th of June and we took the tube to Wembley Park ( yes, luggages and all). We camped outside the stadium listening to all the songs played live. It was freezing cold but it was worth it. After New Born, waves of people started flooding out of the stadium! We decided that this number was going to increase so we left early missing out on PiB and Micro Cuts!:eek:I was glad that I caught CE and COD though.

I checked the whole setlist the following morning and was extremely surprised that Bliss wasnt played. I was in a state of despondency. My fav song and it has completely vanished out of the setlist. And S4A was not going to make an appearance either, I thought. Nevertheless, I marched to Wembley Stadium on the 17th with heavy feet. My family and I braced ourselves to witness the best band alive. We were MCR fans too (albeit not as obsessive as we are about Muse) but we were thoroughly disappointed with their live performances. Muse blasted in with KoC (as they did in Singapore) shortly after and our spirits were lifted.

During the concert itself, I experienced the haunting Forced In to S4A and I nearly cried. Apocalypse Please was also played and I loved every second of it. The drumline tweak during the synth chorus was ace. I was impressed with Invincible too but disappointed with Starlight. Then after Blackout, I was like " Thats it... No Bliss, its Micro Cuts now".

Then I heard the guitar intro of Bliss and I was literally tearing, for my favourite song ever was being played. I danced and sang and cried and enjoyed every second of Bliss and it was extended too! After Take a Bow, I was still tearing. Muse will now be printed in my heart as the best band alive, there's no turning back.

Er OK, sorry I got carried away but please bear with me as it was just too much to keep inside. My whole experience with Muse is as follows and I feel honoured to be a member of this forum. The forum of the best band alive.:D

I'm not sure if there's already a thread on this

I searched and couldn't find any

but I wanted to know where/ how everyone got into muse

I remember that fateful day clearly

You see I'm a huge Dr Who fan, and I'm in love with David Tennant

and one morning I was watching Jtv (a video show for all you non aussies)

and Supermassive Black Hole came on

My eyes fell upon Bellamy's gorgeous face for the first time and two thoughts ran through my mind

1. damn he's fine

2. wow he looks like David Tennant a bit

so that brought me to looking into their music, and oh am I glad I did!!

Pretty soon I was in love with what now is my favourite band in the world!

so now I want everyone to tell me their long winded stories of how they came accross the best band ever to be in existance!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived