New Born in 2001 :happy:But I didn't know who Muse were and didn't find out until 2004 :LOL:

Ditto. Mine was Plug In Baby (< I believe) in 2001.

It was during a Top Of The Pops performance, I thought they were AMAZING and I remembered there were 3 of them and the singer had bright red hair. :happy::D:LOL:

But I didn't do anything about it, it was only in Feb 2004 having seen numerous ads for Absolution on TV, that I thought "fucking hell they've been showing that ad 24/7, hmmm I like that song" (TIRO) so I went and bought Absolution and haven't looked back since. :happy::D

I then looked Muse up on an COUGHillegal file sharing programmeCOUGH and saw that they were the band that did Origin Of Symmetry, I had heard my brother and his mate (I think) mention the album.

Wow long post/ramble sorry. :)

I first heard Supermassive Black Hole, which is quite different to what they usually do. I really liked it though, and also heard Starlight before but never knew who it was by until my sister told me. I was obsessed with the Piano at the beginning. :|

I thought "Wow, his voice is really good!" because he can do such different pitches. I went onto their Myspace, couldn't stop listening to them, then on their website, listened to their albums, EXCELLENTE!

Dad: "Hey, that's Muse's new single. They're meant to be good."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Never heard of them" (yeah, I know, WTF!)

*Watches SMBH on The Box*

"That was pretty good! Who were they again?"

"Muse."

*dashes off upstairs to get the opinion from my friends on MSN*

It's kinda shameful that I learned about my favorite band from my dad, no? Now he's accusing me of plagarising his idea of liking them whenever I mention Muse around him.

Ah, silly dad. ;)

first time i heard them, i said to myself "who ARE these cool dudes and who IS that cute one on vox?" when i had my answer, i set to work digging up all i could discover about the band b/c my curiousity had gotten the better of me. by the time i saw the starlight vid on TV here in canada, i had pretty much developed a full grown addiction to the song! :LOL:

It was what, 3 years ago? My friend's band had just started writing their own music and it was going down well with almost all audiences they played for.

The first time a classmate of mine heard them he made an offhand remark which, i suppose, changed my life. At least the musical side of things.:p (My singing would have been a lot more bland and mainstream if not for Mr Bellamy)

He told me the band were pretty good, that they sounded kinda like Muse. I'd never heard of them before so once i got home i asked him to send a couple of songs over.

He sent me Absolution, (which is still my favorite album ever!) and i started listening. Intro, not much to say. Then Apocalypse please hit me square in the face (ears?). It was, well, big. Kind of overwhelming and i guess i liked it in all its bleak epicness. Matt Bellamy did seem to have inspired the singer in my friend's band, but beyond that the two were as different as night and day!

But nothing could have prepared me for TiRO. It stuck in my head for two days! And i remember thinking about half way into the song; "Okay, no doubt about it, this is the start of an obsession...!

My instincts were right :LOL:

I honestly have heard of them before, but never heard a song until a friend told me to check them out last week. I stayed up till 2 am watching their videos, and listening to the music. I'm officially hooked. Feeling Good was the first thing I heard and was interested from then on. Yeah I'm a very new fan!

Some random french movie (I think?) had the Unintended JIROB remix.

Me: *stares at subtitles* nothing there so I waited allll the way through the credits to find what it was. Downloaded it and the original unintended, thought nothing of them for a few years (this was about 2002)

One day I was watching videos and SMBH came on. Me: EEEEWWWW how can people listen to this??? xD

A few months later, starlight comes on. Me = :eek::eek::eek: isn't this MUSE???

I listened to it on repeat for about 3 months until my friends yelled at me :$

Then I bought all their albums

The beginning of the end :D

I first heard Muse about three years ago when someone sent me

video over MSN.

I thought I heard the piano part before for some reason, but when it went into teh riffage, that's what got me interested :D

then the solo...wow.

basically, the first time I heard them I really liked what I heard, and basically got hooked :cool:

I heard of Muse long before my first listen.

I frequently posted messages on this Queen message board, and I noticed that a lot of European Queen fans constantly mentioned Muse but I never had the curiosity to actually go to listen to any audio samples thinking that Muse was just like any other contemporary band.

Then, while driving home I listened to 'Time Is Running Out' being played on this NY local alternative station (92.3 K-ROCK) and my first thought was...

WTF!! THAT SONG WAS GREAT!!

The DJ then went to mention that the band was Muse, and I was surprised that this was the one band I heard being mentioned thousands of times. So, the first thing I did once I got home was listen to samples from iTunes, and I was absolutely blown away even though I was just listening to 30 second clips

it was 2001 (i was 15) and I saw Bliss video and I remember that I was thinking that it would have been great to fall like that, you know, like when you dream of falling. :rolleyes:Not really interested in the song, quite good yeah, but I reckon it was not the right time.

Then, 2 years later a friend of mine sent me Please Please Please -muse version- because I like The Smiths. And I thought it was brilliant. :eek:I started reading some of their lyrics randomly and I kinda fell in love. But I admit I only became a 'fan' after my first muse gig last year.;)

The first Muse song I ever heard was Muscle Museum... and my reaction was like:

"that sound is really anoying!" :erm:

Then a week later i heard Unintended and went

"Oh my... is this really the same band?" :eek:

And then I looked up everything i could with Muse on Youtube and went "Wow!!!" :LOL:

Now I'm a really big fan of Muse! what i love most about them is the diversity in their music!

I first heard Muse about year ago when I saw the video of Stockholm Syndrome live on Big day out (or that's what I think it is called...) The video is so hypnotizing, I was glued to the screen...

First reaction: This is what I call a band! These guys can actually play!

Muse has been my favourite band since :D You could say I'm obsessed.

And Stockholm Syndrome is my favourite song! (or one of many...)

Well for me I was very addicted to World of Warcraft at one point, this was a few years ago, and I heard Plug In Baby on a video of the game. I just heard a bit of it, but I was pretty blown away, I thought it sounded so... atmospheric. So I *ahem* downloaded the full song from limewire :$ I proceeded to listen to it over and over... and over again, for like 5 hours straight while I played the game. My first reaction was something like 'wow this guy can sing high.' I was hooked on that song, so I went on to iTunes and listened to the samples from OoS and Showbiz, and I was very hooked by the sound of a few songs in particular: Micro Cuts and Uno. I downloaded them, and listened to them endlessly while I played my game. Really though Muse introduced me to music. I had absolutely no interest in it besides a few fleeting obsessions with one or two songs. I can proudly say that I haven't stopped listening to them to this day though... and I have all their CD's except for Hullabaloo (which I can't find in Canada!) I feel quite lucky that they were the ones to introduce my to music though, now that I listen to so much more I have a good ear for whats real and what is fad-like pop.

the piano at the start of New Born hypnotised me....

then the riff ripped my head off.

this was in 2001 when a mate gave me a shot of OOS and i had fallen completely in love with them by the time it had reached "DESTROY THE SPIIINELESSSS"......on new born

First time I heard muse was on Steve Lamacq's radio show after 9pm, he used to play Muscle Museum & Sunburn together quite a while before showbiz came out (possibly a year before?) I used to stay up for ages hoping that someone would play those songs, but I never catched the name of the band. Anyway a while after I saw Unintended being performed on TOTP & thought 'OMG I love this song' managed to catch the name of the band & went out to get the album. Low & behold they were also the same band who I listened to months before on the radio, and so the love affair with muse began.....

MATHS CLASS (February or March 05)

"Laura, have you heard of Muse?"

"No, why?"

"Wow! Am I the only person who knows who they are?"

"Hehe, I'll keep an ear out for them."

"You should, they're really good."

THE NEXT EVENING

*Hysteria comes on Kerrang*

"SHIT THAT'S FANTASTIC. I wonder who sings that." *waits for song credit at the end* "Ahh! 'Muse'!"

:D

Archived