First time when we heared Muse was at 2002 after their first live performance in Moskow. We was at russian city Ivanovo and our friend make re-recording of live video from that gig which someone made on handycam. but we don't remember which songs we heared, just an atmosphere. Aftere that - first sang was Megalomania - we sured we heared it in our Radio-Rocks FM station at the night air.

Does anyone (other than very early fans) really know the first Muse song they heard?

I know the song I first took notice of was TIRO back in the Summer of 2003 (courtesy of MTV2), it really grabbed my attention and I made of point of waiting to see the name of the band (whom I'd never heard of! :$).

It was only when I bought ALL their albums the following day :LOL::LOL: I realised I'd actually heard loads of their previous material.

So I haven't got a clue which was the first song of Muse I ever heard ;)

feeling good on some channel 4 studio performance (though i had heard of muse before). i was like "oooo he's singing through a megaphone, hes got red flowers all up his mic stand, and they've named themselves muse....." and i was in love.

other moments which increased my fandom x100000....

when they played the brit awards in 2004 (i think), their performance just stood out so much from the whole rest of the show it really showed they were something else.

and the first time i watched the hullaballo performance, i was just blown away.

don't really remember but may be new born I'm not sure

I heard Hysteria on my friend's myspace about a year and a half/two years ago?

And was like :O This is THE SEX!

So got the song.

Then everyone was talking about B&H album coming out. So I got it and have LOVED them ever since.

But only really really really LOVED LOVED them since I seen them at Wembley.

They actually weren't just music anymore. To me they became people who made music. and I was totally blown away at how talented they are.

I heard Hysteria on my friend's myspace about a year and a half/two years ago?

And was like :O This is THE SEX!

So got the song.

Then everyone was talking about B&H album coming out. So I got it and have LOVED them ever since.

But only really really really LOVED LOVED them since I seen them at Wembley.

They actually weren't just music anymore. To me they became people who made music. and I was totally blown away at how talented they are.

yea seeing them live is really out of this world...i was lucky enough to see them live first...b/c i was hooked from that moment on...

they out shined the headliners:LOL:

haha. lol.

They were the my second proper gig ever.

My first was mcr, i was standing at the front. :)

At Wembley, I was sitting right at the back.

But still will be the best gig I will have gone to a very long time. Plus it was with my bestest friend EVER! making it all the more special. AND she invited me because she had a spare ticket.

All the more reason to love her. :)

I didn't know half the songs they played then but they still all sounded SO.GOOD!

haha. lol.

They were the my second proper gig ever.

My first was mcr, i was standing at the front. :)

At Wembley, I was sitting right at the back.

But still will be the best gig I will have gone to a very long time. Plus it was with my bestest friend EVER! making it all the more special. AND she invited me because she had a spare ticket.

All the more reason to love her. :)

I didn't know half the songs they played then but they still all sounded SO.GOOD!

haha....yea the gig i went to was muse opening for mcr...i bet Wembley was incredible...i was soooo jealous of all the people going....i still am...even if i had nosebleeder seats i am sure it would have been so worth it...that was hella nice of your friend...

My school used to have student messageboards (lame, i know, which is one of the reasons why it's defunct now), and some of my friends were talking about Muse in the Music section. I wanted to join in on the conversation, but had no idea who the band was, so I went up on Yahoo! and found the music video for "Time is Running Out."

My reaction: "Hey, not bad..." But at the time I was more into the "emo-punk shiet" music like Yellowcard and Story of the Year, unfortunately, so I didn't think too much of Muse (except how it was cool that they added in elements of classical music + rock....and how all three members were really decent-looking :rolleyes: ). Oh and I was kind of trying to like the band to impress this guy in my class I had a crush on. Shameful, pathetic, muy malo, I know... :$

It wasn't until some time later (give or take a month or so) that I came across hearing "Hysteria" on KROQ and saw the music for "Stockholm Syndrome" on TV, and for real this time the music completely sucked me in! Every of those seconds listening to the music was discovering something bigger than I've encountered before. So I got a copy of "Absolution" a few days later and the rest is happy days...

Now that first concert I went to last month was the final step in the transformation into becoming a biiiig crazy Muse fan. ;)

Most of my friends still look at me like I'm crazy, because of my love of Muse.

You say that like being crazy for Muse is a bad thing!

I remember clearly the first time I heard Muse, and it was love at first listen! I was driving my son to high school, on my way to work; spring 2004, Brian was a senior. He puts a CD in: "Mom, you have to hear this band!" Apocalypse starts to play; by the end of the song, I'm saying "Who are these guys! They are GOOD!" Absolution had just been released here, and they weren't getting any radio play to speak of; sadly, we discovered them too late to make their show at Neumo's in Seattle. But I won tickets on the radio to see them at EndFest that September, and weaseled my way into the Meet And Greet, and the rest is history!

the first one i heard was time is running out but i must only have been ...ooh...erm... about 8? maybe? i loved it but didnt really register it cos i was too obsessed with greenday at the time :eek: lol-i regret that now lol. it was supermassive black hole that got me listening to them again properly though!:D

• 3 weeks later...

I checked the whole setlist the following morning and was extremely surprised that Bliss wasnt played. I was in a state of despondency. My fav song and it has completely vanished out of the setlist. And S4A was not going to make an appearance either, I thought. Nevertheless, I marched to Wembley Stadium on the 17th with heavy feet. My family and I braced ourselves to witness the best band alive. We were MCR fans too (albeit not as obsessive as we are about Muse) but we were thoroughly disappointed with their live performances. Muse blasted in with KoC (as they did in Singapore) shortly after and our spirits were lifted.

During the concert itself, I experienced the haunting Forced In to S4A and I nearly cried. Apocalypse Please was also played and I loved every second of it. The drumline tweak during the synth chorus was ace. I was impressed with Invincible too but disappointed with Starlight. Then after Blackout, I was like " Thats it... No Bliss, its Micro Cuts now".

Then I heard the guitar intro of Bliss and I was literally tearing, for my favourite song ever was being played. I danced and sang and cried and enjoyed every second of Bliss and it was extended too! After Take a Bow, I was still tearing. Muse will now be printed in my heart as the best band alive, there's no turning back.

Er OK, sorry I got carried away but please bear with me as it was just too much to keep inside. My whole experience with Muse is as follows and I feel honoured to be a member of this forum. The forum of the best band alive.:D

Oh, that is so sweet :happy:. And I am so jealous of you, you heard Bliss!!! This is just an AWESOME experience…*sighs*

The first muse song I've heard was Time is Running Out on a compilation album "BIG". There were linking park with Numb, avril lavign, evanescene with Bring me to life, dido with white flag , beyonce, black eyed peas with hey ya, and others on that album, and I told to my friend that the song that I love most was Time is Running out. At that time I didn't know anything about Muse at all (In my country at that time Muse was not as popular as now), so my opinion about Muse song was definitely objective. I love the music so much n the lyric as well. For me Muse music was great, hard n soft too. And the lyric was on high level cause it was talk about the life that I was agree with. Since that, I was loking for so much informations about muse and of course I bought the absolution album and followed by the other album. Finally, I've found my songs...

First song I ever listened to was Stockholm Syndrome. Immediately, I realized that it was the best song I'd heard in years. Afterwards, I listened to Plug In Baby and watched a live performance of Showbiz (the one where Matt throws the blue guitar into the lake). I was really impressed. The next week, I downloaded Bliss, Time is Running Out, Muscle Museum, Butterflies and Hurricanes, Ruled by Secrecy, and the three songs I had already heard. It took about a month of me listening to those songs over and over to realize that Muse were indeed the best band currently producing music. My opinion of their music shot up to the heavens after listening to the rest of their catalog.

Archived