I know. :$ Someone has written something to the same bubble... I wonder what. :wtf:

:$ I didn't mean to write it as in your face as it is. I wonder what they thought of it if they did. *cough*

Yeah I've been thinking and lolling about it. :LOL:

We need a Wembley part two (three). :noey:

It really was so much fun, despite the lack of sleep and coldness. :happy:

Let's face Tiia we all love you for writing that! :LOL:

Yes we need another reason for a mass meet like the one we had.

:$ I didn't mean to write it as in your face as it is. I wonder what they thought of it if they did. *cough*

Blame it on my pen that was brand new, unlike the one that was used at Vieilles Charrues. :yesey:

Matt signed next to the "Screw Bellamy, Kirky is the man!" bubble. He isn't vindictive. :shifty::chuckle:

:chuckle: I know, right? Or maybe he didn't notice it (although it's quite "in your face" too)

Let's face Tiia we all love you for writing that! :LOL:

Yes we need another reason for a mass meet like the one we had.

Oh yes, we do love you! :happy:

And we need another meet.

:awesome::kiss: I might or might not have also shouted that to Dom during the gig. :$

Yes, I miss you all. :supersad:

:LOL::LOL: <3

I GOT MUSE TO SIGN THE FLAG!!!!!! I will try to post pictures on here, but they'll go on the Facebook group first. Their record label rep wouldn't let me take a picture of the band holding the flag, BUT he did take one of all of us with the band holding the flag (which he will email me whenever he can). I got a pic of Matt and Dom signing it too. I'll try to figure out how to post pics on here in the meantime...

I've already say this on facebook but here I go again...I love you!!!!!!!:p:happy: Epic Win!!!Thank you!!!!!!!!!;)

I'm so happy for Alice too!!!!and if I was the flag I would be very happy too:p

You guys were sitting behind me and my sister during the football match after wembley. I was a bit shy and didn't say much:facepalm: but that flag was/is awesome, shame chris didn't sign it then, but atleast he have now:happy:

Blame it on my pen that was brand new, unlike the one that was used at Vieilles Charrues. :yesey:

Oh yes, we do love you! :happy:

And we need another meet.

Okay, if Dom got disturbed I'll blame it on you. :yesey: You awful girl. :noey:

:$:kiss:

Yes we do. :supersad: If there's any chance for an UK/France gig...

You most definitely have :awesome:

:facepalm:

HowMan888 Mike - you are seriously the bomb diggity!!! That is awesome that you got to meet the band--and great of you to get the flag signed for us!

So glad I had the chance to sign it. Thanks Alice for starting it all, and Thanks Dallas for taking it to the Huntington Beach meet-up!

Happy Travels wonderful Muse Flag!

Hi everyone!

2 questions:

- are we sure the flag is going from vodoo to Australia? How?

- do we know how to send it back to France after australian shows?

Thanks for the update ;)

So far we can only guess that the flag will have to be sent out to Clair in Australia after Voodoo fest! Hope i'm wrong but i've not heard about any US (or other) Muser doing this trip :(

This is such an awesome story! I will be at the Ral and C'ville shows and will definitely have to find this flag and sign it.

And yes, Mike needs to come back with some details! I wonder why the record company wouldn't let them take a picture holding the flag? Weird, but whatev. I don't pretend to understand what goes on in Warner's head.

I cant' tell from the pic, but how big is it? Is it full already and people are signing the back? So many questions. . .

Hey, everyone! Sorry I've been M.I.A for a bit -- I'm currently bogged down because I have an exam tomorrow and another project due, so I haven't had much time in the last 24 hours to check this...

Here's how it went down: We were supposed to meet at 6:00 outside the arena (and we did). We were all given flashy orange sticker passes that we wore on our shirts that said "GUEST" and had the Muse logo on them, as well as the date. We were greeted by a rep from Warner (who was really nice and cool, and he chatted with all of us). He told us right away that we were not allowed to take our own pictures during the meet and greet because he would be the one taking the pictures. He told us that he would take pictures of the band with a group of 6 people at a time (there were only 12 of us at the meet and greet). I explained to the rep the story behind the flag and that it would be really special if the flag could be in the picture with the band. He said he agreed that it would be cool, but he had to check with somebody first (I don't know who). He came back and said that he couldn't get a picture of the band ALONE with the flag, but he said he could take the picture of everybody with the flag in it (which was how it eventually happened).

So, after two hours of waiting to meet them (Matt wasn't there yet because he was out ordering cheese with Kate Hudson (see the Columbus thread to get that reference). Before we went in, we split into two groups of six (I was in the second group, because I figured I would need more time with the band if I was going to show them the flag and all). Then, all 12 of us moved into a narrow hallway where the band's lounge room was. As we lined up against the wall, I was standing in front of a huge crate labeled "Glastonbury". A sign on the wall read "MUSE Piano Room (European tour 2009)" (just a tad bit out-dated, haha). Finally, the first group went in (which included LoraMuse and Couture). No less than 3 minutes later, the group came back out. We bid them farewell as we were shuffled into the band's quarters...

We were greeted by a dimly-lit room that had a lounge-like dungeon feel to it. Chris came right up and started shaking our hands, followed by Dom, followed by Matt (who was holding a ukulele). We all stood there and said "hello" and exchanged glances. Matt was standing there smiling and picking away at the ukulele. I took the opportunity to talk to Dom and tell him about the previous time I met the band (when I went go-carting with them in May of 2007). I showed him pictures and he said he remembered it. Then I went on to tell him about when I visited Teignmouth back in August. Matt and Chris looked up when I said this. I told Dom it was a really beautiful town. I said to him, "Stores there have pictures from your Seaside Rendezvous in the windows. One of the stores sold bongs." to which Dom replied, "What are bongs?" :rolleyes: haha. Morgan was in the back of the room on a laptop, as if he was oblivious to the meet and greet. I had to fight the urge to yell "Morgan -- you're the man!!!"

Anyways, I then pulled out the flag and showed it to them. I explained where it came from and what it's purpose was. I said, "This flag is from a girl in France named Alice" to which Matt immediately said "Ooh, French girls!" and he giggled. (hence the reason he wrote "Love you girls XXX" on the flag). They were curious about the flag and asked me what it was about. I told them that people have written a lot of things on there (I pointed to the "Dom & Tom for hottest males 2011" just to show them an example -- Dom didn't seem to phased, but he smiled anyways) We were then told to hurry up with what we were doing because it was about 8:15 and Muse went on at 8:45. Dom took the flag and spread it out on the floor. I gave Matt a marker to write with. Then I asked the Warner rep if it was ok if I could take a picture of Matt and Dom signing the flag. He hesitated for a second, then said it was ok -- so I snapped the golden pic! While Matt and Dom were signing, I talked to Chris briefly about football (we call it "soccer", but I decided to speak in a language he could understand :p ). He asked me if I played, to which I said "No, but I'd like to". Then, about 20 seconds later, right after Chris signed, we all got together to pose for a picture. I held up the flag, and Matt held up his ukulele. Right after the picture was taken, we all started to leave. I was the last one to leave the room and thanked them all once again for signing the flag, and I wished them good luck on the show. I almost got out the door when I realized that I didn't have the flag, so I popped my head back into the room and said, "Where's the flag?!?" It turns out my friend was actually carrying it and I hadn't noticed. So I yelled one last "good-bye" to the gang and left the area.

After that, I found my way to Jung (who was only 5 rows back from the barrier on Chris' side!) and stayed with her for the duration of the concert (which was incredible). After that, we took a picture with the flag, and then met up with a group of forum members (some of which will read this :) ). It was really great to see how happy everybody was about the flag.

Well -- I must get back to studying. Thanks for letting me be a part of this project! I'm glad I was able to get the band to sign it and share it with all of you, because I really wanted to give something back to this special community. Muse fans truly are the BEST fans out there :D I hope everybody who carries or signs the flag from now on will be able to enjoy this newly-blessed version. I will post the Warner rep's picture(s) as soon as I hear back from him. Have a good night, everybody!

-Mike

Great story Mike, once again THANK YOU

So far we can only guess that the flag will have to be sent out to Clair in Australia after Voodoo fest! Hope i'm wrong but i've not heard about any US (or other) Muser doing this trip :(

F*ck, can't believe we did not think to ask Catherine to take care of it. And I think Columbus was her last show in US :( We have to talk to Alice to see if she is ok to send the falg by mail...

Edit: Alice told me Natalia will send the flag to Australia. It should come back to France, due to one of Alice's friend, living in Australia and planning to come back to France for holidays.

So, after two hours of waiting to meet them (Matt wasn't there yet because he was out ordering cheese with Kate Hudson (see the Columbus thread to get that reference).

LOL he did WHAT?! *must look*

I said to him, "Stores there have pictures from your Seaside Rendezvous in the windows. One of the stores sold bongs." to which Dom replied, "What are bongs?" :rolleyes: haha.

:LOL::doobie: don't believe you Dom.

I talked to Chris briefly about football (we call it "soccer", but I decided to speak in a language he could understand :p ).

Soccer :noey:

After all - thank you very much!! :awesome: (and they really didn't read the perv stuff?:$)

Archived