Soccer :noey:

Hey now! "Soccer" is a perfectly acceptable name to call it! In fact, it was called "soccer" in England before it was called "soccer" elsewhere, since it was short for "Association Football." They used the term "soccer" to distinguish it from "rugby football," but now they just called rugby rugby, and the term football is now available to be used for "Association Football."

So the term "soccer" is just used in countries where another form of "football" exists, such as the USA (gridiron football) and Australia (Australian rules football), although Australia now calls Association Football just "football", now.

Great story Mike, once again THANK YOU

F*ck, can't believe we did not think to ask Catherine to take care of it. And I think Columbus was her last show in US :( We have to talk to Alice to see if she is ok to send the falg by mail...

Catherine is actually going to NJ and NY now :) So if anyone sees her there they can ask her to take it

Catherine is actually going to NJ and NY now :) So if anyone sees her there they can ask her to take it

But then it would miss Ral, C'ville and VooDoo. Maybe someone needs to talk Catherine into just finishing out the tour ;)

We were laughing at that quote in the queue :LOL:

I don't get it. Ordered cheese what? Pizza? :$

Hey now! "Soccer" is a perfectly acceptable name to call it! In fact, it was called "soccer" in England before it was called "soccer" elsewhere, since it was short for "Association Football." They used the term "soccer" to distinguish it from "rugby football," but now they just called rugby rugby, and the term football is now available to be used for "Association Football."

So the term "soccer" is just used in countries where another form of "football" exists, such as the USA (gridiron football) and Australia (Australian rules football), although Australia now calls Association Football just "football", now.

:LOL: ok ok! but at least europeans don't like the word soccer ;)

Here's what was said on the Columbus thread about the cheese order:

just imagine you work in a delicatessen shop and you recieve a call from management: we'd like to order some cheese for muse :LOL::LOL:

:LOL: ok ok! but at least europeans don't like the word soccer ;)

No we don't like it ;)

Really, great, we have to plan something between these shows and Voodoo then. Catherine, you know you have to go to voodoo now!

How appropriate! The smelly plate! :LOL:

No we don't like it ;)

Really, great, we have to plan something between these shows and Voodoo then. Catherine, you know you have to go to voodoo now!

How appropriate! The smelly plate! :LOL:

Great idea! If Catherine can bring The Flag back to Australia herself, that will be safer travelling for The Flag and we won't have to break the rules - she can actually pass it onto Jen, Liz and I instead of it being posted! :D

Here's the picture you've all been waiting for :D :D :D :D :D Special thanks to the Warner Bros. rep who took the pic and let me hold the flag in it

40115_1512524739879_1437210658_31521269_6866395_n.jpg

Aww the picture is awesome! This is a massive win! Thanks again Mike! And thanks to Warner !

Oh god Matt with his ukulele :LOL:

Guest jessychickin
IKR! That is all I really see on the flag. I'm still wondering if Dom knew what it meant, I mean he couldn't miss it! Do we know who wrote it? Please tell me you put your name beside it :LOL:

Whoever wrote it is a legend :yesey:

I'm sure Dom understood the unzip part.. Obviously :p But GTFO I don't know :p

Would be funny if he did though :LOL::D

Whoever wrote it is a legend :yesey:

I'm sure Dom understood the unzip part.. Obviously :p But GTFO I don't know :p

Would be funny if he did though :LOL::D

I actually don't understand the whole "Dom Unzip or GTFO" -- it's the easiest thing to make out on the flag in the picture. Can someone explain it to me? Thanks :D

I actually don't understand the whole "Dom Unzip or GTFO" -- it's the easiest thing to make out on the flag in the picture. Can someone explain it to me? Thanks :D

I think it refers to this:

This one has better sound:

Why the person thought Dom should GTFO I don't know? :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Hey, everyone! Sorry I've been M.I.A for a bit -- I'm currently bogged down because I have an exam tomorrow and another project due, so I haven't had much time in the last 24 hours to check this...

Here's how it went down: We were supposed to meet at 6:00 outside the arena (and we did). We were all given flashy orange sticker passes that we wore on our shirts that said "GUEST" and had the Muse logo on them, as well as the date. We were greeted by a rep from Warner (who was really nice and cool, and he chatted with all of us). He told us right away that we were not allowed to take our own pictures during the meet and greet because he would be the one taking the pictures. He told us that he would take pictures of the band with a group of 6 people at a time (there were only 12 of us at the meet and greet). I explained to the rep the story behind the flag and that it would be really special if the flag could be in the picture with the band. He said he agreed that it would be cool, but he had to check with somebody first (I don't know who). He came back and said that he couldn't get a picture of the band ALONE with the flag, but he said he could take the picture of everybody with the flag in it (which was how it eventually happened).

So, after two hours of waiting to meet them (Matt wasn't there yet because he was out ordering cheese with Kate Hudson (see the Columbus thread to get that reference). Before we went in, we split into two groups of six (I was in the second group, because I figured I would need more time with the band if I was going to show them the flag and all). Then, all 12 of us moved into a narrow hallway where the band's lounge room was. As we lined up against the wall, I was standing in front of a huge crate labeled "Glastonbury". A sign on the wall read "MUSE Piano Room (European tour 2009)" (just a tad bit out-dated, haha). Finally, the first group went in (which included LoraMuse and Couture). No less than 3 minutes later, the group came back out. We bid them farewell as we were shuffled into the band's quarters...

We were greeted by a dimly-lit room that had a lounge-like dungeon feel to it. Chris came right up and started shaking our hands, followed by Dom, followed by Matt (who was holding a ukulele). We all stood there and said "hello" and exchanged glances. Matt was standing there smiling and picking away at the ukulele. I took the opportunity to talk to Dom and tell him about the previous time I met the band (when I went go-carting with them in May of 2007). I showed him pictures and he said he remembered it. Then I went on to tell him about when I visited Teignmouth back in August. Matt and Chris looked up when I said this. I told Dom it was a really beautiful town. I said to him, "Stores there have pictures from your Seaside Rendezvous in the windows. One of the stores sold bongs." to which Dom replied, "What are bongs?" :rolleyes: haha. Morgan was in the back of the room on a laptop, as if he was oblivious to the meet and greet. I had to fight the urge to yell "Morgan -- you're the man!!!"

Anyways, I then pulled out the flag and showed it to them. I explained where it came from and what it's purpose was. I said, "This flag is from a girl in France named Alice" to which Matt immediately said "Ooh, French girls!" and he giggled. (hence the reason he wrote "Love you girls XXX" on the flag). They were curious about the flag and asked me what it was about. I told them that people have written a lot of things on there (I pointed to the "Dom & Tom for hottest males 2011" just to show them an example -- Dom didn't seem to phased, but he smiled anyways) We were then told to hurry up with what we were doing because it was about 8:15 and Muse went on at 8:45. Dom took the flag and spread it out on the floor. I gave Matt a marker to write with. Then I asked the Warner rep if it was ok if I could take a picture of Matt and Dom signing the flag. He hesitated for a second, then said it was ok -- so I snapped the golden pic! While Matt and Dom were signing, I talked to Chris briefly about football (we call it "soccer", but I decided to speak in a language he could understand :p ). He asked me if I played, to which I said "No, but I'd like to". Then, about 20 seconds later, right after Chris signed, we all got together to pose for a picture. I held up the flag, and Matt held up his ukulele. Right after the picture was taken, we all started to leave. I was the last one to leave the room and thanked them all once again for signing the flag, and I wished them good luck on the show. I almost got out the door when I realized that I didn't have the flag, so I popped my head back into the room and said, "Where's the flag?!?" It turns out my friend was actually carrying it and I hadn't noticed. So I yelled one last "good-bye" to the gang and left the area.

After that, I found my way to Jung (who was only 5 rows back from the barrier on Chris' side!) and stayed with her for the duration of the concert (which was incredible). After that, we took a picture with the flag, and then met up with a group of forum members (some of which will read this :) ). It was really great to see how happy everybody was about the flag.

Well -- I must get back to studying. Thanks for letting me be a part of this project! I'm glad I was able to get the band to sign it and share it with all of you, because I really wanted to give something back to this special community. Muse fans truly are the BEST fans out there :D I hope everybody who carries or signs the flag from now on will be able to enjoy this newly-blessed version. I will post the Warner rep's picture(s) as soon as I hear back from him. Have a good night, everybody!

-Mike

Here's the picture you've all been waiting for :D :D :D :D :D Special thanks to the Warner Bros. rep who took the pic and let me hold the flag in it

40115_1512524739879_1437210658_31521269_6866395_n.jpg

Congratulations Mike - that's a great story and a fantastic picture - what treasured memories for you - you've done a great job with The Flag and Alice will be so happy!

It's a pity it was all so controlled though and that you could have spent more time with them after waiting so long.

Well this is really extra precious cargo (now that it's been signed by THEM!) that is going to be in the custody of us Aussies soon! Can't wait until it gets here! :D

Archived