The amount of people on this forum alone i've seen in the past that say they first heard Muse on Guitar hero 3.

GH3 did more for Muse in America than any film.

(Although i LOVE Cave being on the Little Nicky soundtrack!!! :D)

heh that reminds me... I knew the song was on the soundtrack but didn't recall having heard it anywhere in the movie. Then one night I tried to put on a movie but it hadn't started yet - they were still showing the credits for Little Nicky. The one song ended and I heard this familiar riff and was like "wait... I know this song...", no sooner did I realize what it was than it ended and another song started... it was a bit of a :wtf: moment :LOL: They only played the intro riff then it was gone ;)

The amount of people on this forum alone i've seen in the past that say they first heard Muse on Guitar hero 3.

GH3 did more for Muse in America than any film.

(Although i LOVE Cave being on the Little Nicky soundtrack!!! :D)

I agree, and I also think opening for U2 provided a huge boost for Muse in America. Their success here is probably a combination of GH, U2, and Twilight. Hard to say which was the most influential but I think they'd be doing well here even if Twilight never existed.

I agree, and I also think opening for U2 provided a huge boost for Muse in America. Their success here is probably a combination of GH, U2, and Twilight. Hard to say which was the most influential but I think they'd be doing well here even if Twilight never existed.

I'm sorry, but I disagree. There was no music before Twilight....

So we should be grateful to Twilight for all it has done for the world.

And we should all thank not Stephanie Meyer, but the Twilight fans for bringing all of this great music to our attention. If it wasn't for their money coupled with their obsession with sparkling vampires, every one of us would be leading unfulfilling lives.

;)

I don't know... I'm probably gonna get yelled at for this, but it seem almost like people are denying Twilight helping Muse's success simply because "it's Twilight' and everyone hates it.

I agree that Muse was already starting to get pretty big here before all this Twilight nonsense began, but so many people on this thread (and the other one even moreso, I think) are making it sound like Twilight didn't help Muse at all. Can't people just admit that, yes, they have risen in popularity since getting involved in Twilight (even if it wasn't some huge, definitive "no one knew them before but now everyone does" situation)?

I really think that a lot of people are like "Oh, I don't like that Muse got involved with Twilight, therefore I refuse to admit that it may have helped their career in any way".

I wouldn't call Twilight Chris's "Meal Ticket" by any means, and I have no problem at all with his comments, but I am willing to admit that Twilight has helped Muse become more popular (just like GH did for them before as well).

Feel free to start yelling at me. :LOL: I'm prepared.

I don't know... I'm probably gonna get yelled at for this, but it seem almost like people are denying Twilight helping Muse's success simply because "it's Twilight' and everyone hates it.

I agree that Muse was already starting to get pretty big here before all this Twilight nonsense began, but so many people on this thread (and the other one even moreso, I think) are making it sound like Twilight didn't help Muse at all. Can't people just admit that, yes, they have risen in popularity since getting involved in Twilight (even if it wasn't some huge, definitive "no one knew them before but now everyone does" situation)?

I really think that a lot of people are like "Oh, I don't like that Muse got involved with Twilight, therefore I refuse to admit that it may have helped their career in any way".

I wouldn't call Twilight Chris's "Meal Ticket" by any means, and I have no problem at all with his comments, but I am willing to admit that Twilight has helped Muse become more popular (just like GH did for them before as well).

No yelling, but if you could quote which people are saying Twilight had no influence, that might help your cause. I don't remember seeing it, but I'm not about to go through and reread the thread to see if i forgot/missed it ;)

In my experience, people are much more likely to oversell the importance of twilight than undersell it.

Personally, I never denied it having any impact - I mentioned that they were doing OK without it, and could have most likely done just fine without it (which we will, of course, never know, because that's not how things happened) That and the fact that they don't owe their fame in the US to twilight. There were several factors involved - they were already rising after BH&R (including playing arenas and having hit singles), they appeared in the Guitar Hero games, heck even Adam Lambert may have contributed a little.

My main point would be that they didn't need the twilight movies. They got it, and it did have an impact, but it wasn't some sort of necessary evil in order to be successful in the US nor is it the primary reason for their success.

EDIT: rearranging my thoughts....

I enjoyed The Sun's "if movie titles told the truth" Twilight poster :yesey:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/3056119/If-movie-titles-told-the-truth.html

Now waiting for a Twilighter to write a quick article about how The Sun was responsible for the second world war.

I wish that was actually a poster, I would so hang it on my wall.

I know Twilight has had an influence but Muse would be big in America without Twilight.

I cannot deny however Twilight has an influence on Muse's popularity over there - with three songs in three soundtracks it was inevitably going to attract the attention of the Twilight fangirl community and their interest in the band's discography and live shows would consequently follow. So it isn't deniable that certainly Twilight has had an influence in Muse's popularity in the US.

The combination of persistent touring, Guitar Hero, Twilight, U2 support and The Resistance is a massive combination.

Someone suggest that Tom Kirk said this tour is about roping in the casuals with the hits, to allow them more interest for the hardcore shit. Hopefully this can lead to the hardcore stuff making more appearances on the next tour.

Chris was talking about success in the USA and not everyone here is from the USA and Twilight's impact on Muse's fanbase isn't going to be as strong because they were already huge and people discovering them through a movie soundtrack here, you've got to wonder where they've been for the last 10 years.

I'm starting to wonder if this Twilight thing is turning into some sort of religious cult. Some of the Twihards or whatever they are called are already acting that way. Just some mild criticism from a person who doesn't even belong to the target group and they start to rage :rolleyes:

Chris was talking about success in the USA and not everyone here is from the USA and Twilight's impact on Muse's fanbase isn't going to be as strong because they were already huge and people discovering them through a movie soundtrack here, you've got to wonder where they've been for the last 10 years.

Well, in my case, having babies, bringing up said babies, and all the time and effort that entails, as well as working, and not really listening to the radio much, having no time or energy to keep up with what was going on in the music world. I'd heard Starlight but it wasn't enough to make me go in search of more of their music. SMBH was.

I'm starting to wonder if this Twilight thing is turning into some sort of religious cult. Some of the Twihards or whatever they are called are already acting that way. Just some mild criticism from a person who doesn't even belong to the target group and they start to rage :rolleyes:

In fairness the same thing happens here sometimes when Muse get criticised. :LOL:

I really hope the Twilight people messing them about will put them off appearing on the next soundtrack. Anyway the jobs done, the Twihards have started listening to Muse because of the soundtracks, putting another song in the next movie won't have much of an impact.

In fairness the same thing happens here sometimes when Muse get criticised. :LOL:

I really hope the Twilight people messing them about will put them off appearing on the next soundtrack. Anyway the jobs done, the Twihards have started listening to Muse because of the soundtracks, putting another song in the next movie won't have much of an impact.

IBTY and NSC didnt really either - Paramore are still 'the Twilight band' but the only donated stuff stuff for the first movie (they donayed quite a few tracks though)

I guess some of us have gone a bit too far but I still think it's not as bad as with Twilight fandom :LOL: There are Muse fans that are very critical, but they are not getting banned because of their opinions. I am critical with Muse myself :D

I hope so too! I'm getting so tired of this Twilght thing.

I enjoyed The Sun's "if movie titles told the truth" Twilight poster :yesey:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/3056119/If-movie-titles-told-the-truth.html

Now waiting for a Twilighter to write a quick article about how The Sun was responsible for the second world war.

:LOL: Totally hysterical.

Saw this the other day, not sure if this is off topic or even relevant but-

Eclipse in 15 minutes article :happy:

http://community.livejournal.com/m15m/22620.html#cutid1

The whole Twilight cult thing is silly, temporary crap, just like Harry Potter and LOTR and all that...

mind you, I was the biggest LOTR geek ever, I still love both the movies and the books, but you can't ignore the fact that at the beginning of the last decade it was the world's biggest obsession, and then once the last film came out, it all disappeared.. same will happen after last HP film comes out (it already died a lil with the last book) and will happen with Twiglet as well. The only difference is LOTR was good writing for adults, HP was good writing for kids and Twiglet could only be considered good writing if you're a teenager with insane hormones (and probably an outsider emo chick who fancies that hot, mysterious, popular guy in class and he doesn't give a crap about you ;) that's basically Twiglet without the necrophilia vs. beastility issue.

Archived