1. 1. Best Album

• Showbiz
    • OoS
    • Absolution
    • BHaR
    • The Resistance
    • The 2nd Law
    • Drones

I guess you could call it vocal improvements, but I never actually listened to it live on the TR tour, so don't have a comparison.

The way Matt sings some of the words in the studio version I find really offputting (like the drawn out "ocean" bits) and those were actually changed when I saw it in '13. (I couldn't find a vid of the one I saw, but one was a falsetto, and one was a bit of a scream.)

I was surprised at how much that affected my enjoyment of it.

All in all, I thought it was pretty good live, but I still think it's a somewhat average song over all.

Just not my favorite, and no where near SS.

I guess you could call it vocal improvements, but I never actually listened to it live on the TR tour, so don't have a comparison.

The way Matt sings some of the words in the studio version I find really offputting (like the drawn out "ocean" bits) and those were actually changed when I saw it in '13. (I couldn't find a vid of the one I saw, but one was a falsetto, and one was a bit of a scream.)

That's pretty much how it was done in the TR tour.

That's pretty much how it was done in the TR tour.

I wasn't as big at following the tour on YouTube back then as I am now, so I was a bit surprised at it, still. :LOL:

I've missed a lot of great moments from the T2L tour, though, anyways, as YT tends to block them about 30 seconds after they've been posted.

But only the good stuff. I could probably watch Starlight uninterrupted from every gig, ever.

I found it vastly superior to the album version, and the emotional journey I went through seeing it live was interesting; going from being quite pissed they were playing it, to being rather blown away. :happy:

As if Showbiz has 9 votes...?

It's the best album to just stick on in the car or when you want to put on an album you can't skip a track. I always put this on when I'm doing the dishes as I don't have to skip a song and dry off my hands! Haha

Ok that was a strange explanation.

But think about it...

So many amazing songs, full of emotion, vocal strength and the songs really feel like there's a lot at stake and there's just so much raw energy in them.

Muscle Museum, Showbiz, Sunburn, UNO, Escape and Unintended. Sung with so much heart and passion.

There's just something that keeps me coming back to this album and I think it grows on you the more you hear it.

I hated it when I first heard it...but now it's my favourite!

Showbiz has the best songs for rocking raw smaller gigs and yet also these songs can work in the stadium.

Anyways, I could go on all day, but I just feel this album is unfairly neglected!

• 2 weeks later...
T2L has some of Matt's best vocal work by far, but there's only really 2-3 tracks on it that stand out.

Oh, and:

:noey:

I know, I know. Sorry guys. I like that album, don't get me wrong. It's just that it falls last in my ranking. Either that or Showbiz, it depends on my mood, I guess. Like, right now, I'd put OoS first because I'm just in an OoS mood. :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...

1. Origin of Symmetry

2. Black Holes and Revelations

3. Absolution

4. The 2nd Law

5. The Resistance

6. Showbiz

Origin and BH&R are just the complete package for me, Origin is so wonderful both musically and lyrically and really well produced to be honest. BH&R's only weak point for me is Soldiers Poem as it's just a little too slow but other than that the album is absolutely awesome. Absolution's production quality spoils the album for me a bit, but in terms of song quality it's definitely up there, I just prefer OoS and BH&R production quality so they're ahead of it. The 2nd Law was great for me up until Animals ended. Supremacy, Madness, Panic Station, Survival, Follow Me and Animals were all awesome imo, but Explorers, Save Me, Isolated System ruined it. The Resistance was not a terrible album, but the weak points Guiding Light, USoE, I Belong to You just killed it for me and the mediocre points Resistance, Exo Part 2, and Undisclosed Desires just took away from the rest of the album which is a shame because songs like MK Ultra, Uprising, Unnatural Selection, Exo Part 1 and 3 are all awesome. Then Showbiz, other than Showbiz itself, Escape, Cave, Sober, Sunburn, Muscle Museum and Unintended I don't really get along with the album.

Archived