1. 1. Best Album

• Showbiz
    • OoS
    • Absolution
    • BHaR
    • The Resistance
    • The 2nd Law
    • Drones

The Resistance has some very good songs and I love Exogenesis, but it doesn't come close to their peak (so far) period of Origin-Abso-BH&R.

As for Showbiz... it's fine as a debut album, but it's a band who had yet to develop their own sound and identity, and Matt's songwriting took a pronounced leap between that album and Origin (as usually is the case with debut albums). To me, it's like arguing that Metallica or Slayer's first albums are better than Master of Puppets or Reign In Blood; it completely disregards the artistic growth that followed those albums.

what do you guys have against showbiz and resistance? for me, they are much better than 2nd law or absolution...

TR has Guiding Light and Resistance. Personally, I think the studio version of Uprising's dull and that USOE is kind of meh as well, don't know if I'm in the minority there or not though. As for Showbiz, Overdue, Fillip and Escape are all dreadful and a fair amount of the rest of the album just sounds kind of dated. I do agree that both are better than T2L though.

UD and Guiding light ok, but the other songs? :phu:

UD studio version is fantastic. GL is shit (though they did worse in before and after it), I was more talking about the overall feel of the album.

The poll is asking which is their best album and the thread topic is what's your favorite album. For me, these are two different questions, with two different answers. BHaR is my favorite, but I think Absolution is their best album.

There's no such thing as "best album", there's just our own favourite. Maybe the OP put "best" in the poll because votes would define what the general preference is, but it's still a wrong title.

I'm thoroughly puzzled by anyone who finds Ruled By Secrecy, The Small Print and SS average, and implicitly doesn't think the same of stuff like Explorers, Sober and Resistance.

I do I just think that songs like Showbiz, cave, muscle museum, sunburn uno, Uprising, USoE, Unnatural selection, Exo gen 1+2, Supremacy, Madness (sometimes), Panic station, Survival and Liquid state compensate for the Inadequacy of them. for than the Absolution "good songs" do. Also The "bad" ones i was referring to were Endlessly and FAWY

I'm guessing you're a pretty new fan? Have you seen live videos of Stockholm Syndrome?

I'm New in as much as I'm 18 and have been listening to them since I got Interested in music around 11/12, and also I feel I haven't made It clear that OoS i s my favourite album so I'm not one of the fans that have't heard of half their songs.

Archived