1. 1. Best Album

• Showbiz
    • OoS
    • Absolution
    • BHaR
    • The Resistance
    • The 2nd Law
    • Drones

I'm more of a taster. Garlic and onions together are simply awful. It is known.

The Resistance is garlic and The 2nd Law is onions. If you listen to both back-to-back you're not going to digest it.

This is a fantastic analogy:LOL:

There's nothing wrong with saying 'I could care less'. On the one side you might have someone saying, 'I really couldn't care less about Matt Bellamy's hair'. On the other you might have someone saying, 'OMG Matt's hair! The feels! I could care so much less about his hair than I currently do... Oh man, I wish I could care less than I do.'

So next time you see JJ-the-Muse claiming that they 'could care less' about something, just remember that they are overcome with emotion for it, in fear of rejection, and in need of your love and understanding at this difficult time.

<3

Just looked up the recipe, not onions...it was walnuts ��. But when I cook tomatoe sauce, there are onions and garlic in it..sometimes bacon...

Yeah, it depends on the person, i guess, when i want something strong, garlic and onions are a good choice.

If you prefer something softer, caramelized onions can be very helpful.

• 3 months later...

This will appear extremely excessive; more so than the long ranking thread of each Muse song. I've spent a while on this on and off but spent an awful lot of time on it tonight. I just love ranking and listing things; it puts things into perspective and makes me feel accomplished when done.

I worked out my favourite albums mathematically. I ranked every Muse song I know and ranked every Muse song from each album into two separate lists. Where the song fit into that list is the number it is given. For example, my second favourite song is 'The Handler', so that gets a 'two'. I then placed every song from each album into their respective album with their two numbers (a song can get a different number from the list of album songs and overall songs). I then worked out the total of each album for both the album song list and the overall song list. The lower the number, the more favourable the album.

However, I ran into the problem of the number of songs in each album, as it's unfair that Drones was doing better than Absolution because it has less songs, and so a lesser number. After some thinking, I decided to divide the final numbers by the number of songs on that album, and then multiply them by ten. The result would leave them as close to accurate as possible. The only issue that remains is that I still have a list for album songs and a list for overall songs. I'm unsure if I should rank them based on the quality of each individual song against Muse's entire discography for accuracy on how much I enjoy each song, or rank them based on how each album does against each other disregarding other songs that are not on albums.

The result may not be perfect, as my taste in songs can change, but it is extremely accurate. The overall song list parallels my previous list which I did without all of this working out, so this must be accurate. Can't be coincidence. Only problem is the placing of Showbiz and Drones, which switch around in both lists, but I can get over that. I'm extremely happy with the results.

Overall/tracklist number (album songs):

Origin of Symmetry - 254

Absolution - 336

Black Holes and Revelations - 354

Showbiz - 366

Drones - 382

The Resistance - 525

The 2nd Law - 551

Overall/tracklist number (all songs):

Origin of Symmetry - 344

Absolution - 463

Black Holes and Revelations - 483

Drones - 524

Showbiz - 537

The Resistance - 726

The 2nd Law - 783

This will appear extremely excessive; more so than the long ranking thread of each Muse song. I've spent a while on this on and off but spent an awful lot of time on it tonight. I just love ranking and listing things; it puts things into perspective and makes me feel accomplished when done.

I worked out my favourite albums mathematically. I ranked every Muse song I know and ranked every Muse song from each album into two separate lists. Where the song fit into that list is the number it is given. For example, my second favourite song is 'The Handler', so that gets a 'two'. I then placed every song from each album into their respective album with their two numbers (a song can get a different number from the list of album songs and overall songs). I then worked out the total of each album for both the album song list and the overall song list. The lower the number, the more favourable the album.

However, I ran into the problem of the number of songs in each album, as it's unfair that Drones was doing better than Absolution because it has less songs, and so a lesser number. After some thinking, I decided to divide the final numbers by the number of songs on that album, and then multiply them by ten. The result would leave them as close to accurate as possible. The only issue that remains is that I still have a list for album songs and a list for overall songs. I'm unsure if I should rank them based on the quality of each individual song against Muse's entire discography for accuracy on how much I enjoy each song, or rank them based on how each album does against each other disregarding other songs that are not on albums.

The result may not be perfect, as my taste in songs can change, but it is extremely accurate. The overall song list parallels my previous list which I did without all of this working out, so this must be accurate. Can't be coincidence. Only problem is the placing of Showbiz and Drones, which switch around in both lists, but I can get over that. I'm extremely happy with the results.

Overall/tracklist number (album songs):

Origin of Symmetry - 254

Absolution - 336

Black Holes and Revelations - 354

Showbiz - 366

Drones - 382

The Resistance - 525

The 2nd Law - 551

Overall/tracklist number (all songs):

Origin of Symmetry - 344

Absolution - 463

Black Holes and Revelations - 483

Drones - 524

Showbiz - 537

The Resistance - 726

The 2nd Law - 783

I'm glad you found a place to upload this.

Average rating (songs ranked 0-10):

Showbiz: 8

Origin of Symmetry: 9

Absolution: 8,53

Black Holes and Revelations: 8,33

The Resistance: 8,5

The 2nd Law: 7,45

Drones: 8,35

Albums ranked:

1. Origin of Symmetry

2. Absolution

3. The Resistance

4. Drones

5. Black Holes and Revelations

6. Showbiz

7. The 2nd Law

As a whole album

1. Drones

2. Absolution

3. Origin of Symmetry

4. The Resistance

5. Black Holes and Revelations

6. The 2nd Law

7. Showbiz

As individual songs

1. Absolution

2. Drones

3. Origin of Symmetry

4. Blackholes and Revelations

5. The Resistance

6. The 2nd Law

7. Showbiz

Weirdly enough though, I didn't rank The Resistance in my top 3 in either list yet my favorite composition of all time, Exogenesis, is found on that album.

Archived