Hmmmm, I find the majority of Muse songs are quite thought provoking and intense both lyrically and musically and tend to make me feel emotional, but not necessarily a sad emotional state, if that makes sense :erm:

Muse songs that DO make me feel sad though....

Blackout

ExoGenesis Pt III (Redemption)

Collateral Damage (the original version by Chopin was one of my fave pieces of music anyway)

Shine - original or acoustic, doesn't really matter, both make me :'(

I made a little video of this thread. I hope you like it and find it accurate. :)

Very accurate :yesey:

Awesome vid, I'm lucky I didn't just well up now.:)

EDIT:

Nice little video :) but I'm surprised Citizen Erased, Escape and Hoodoo didn't make the list.

HOODOO. That didn't even occur to me...would have loved to see that. Whhhhyyyyyyy :supersad:

:LOL: That's funny, but untrue imo! :stongue:

Umm, Redemption, fo sho! I bawl my eyes out, like, every time!:'(

Blackout, Falling Down, Easily, Endlessly, Unintended, etc.

Umm, and also that part in Falling With The Crowd, where Matt, in his whiney, new, young, cute voice, sings "I wanna go hommmmmmmme", my heart just sinks and I'm like, "awwwww, Matteh honey!:'(" and fully tear up!:erm: Weird, but it's just so cute an innocent sounding, etc. Yeah ahha

Talking about the young one's - Host. Though it does make me giggle when Matt sings:

Cos I wasted all my youth

Ill never see it again

And I'm thinking how old was he? About 12! :LOL: Touching little song though.

I don't really enjoy the very early ones though. They have improved just a bit;) since then! :)

Supermassive Black Hole :O

Well, not really. ... :p

But!

The fact that I can't listen to that song anymore without someone shouting OMG TWLIGHT TWILIGHT111!!!11! ...is genuinely sad. X_X

On a more serious note, Hyper Chondriac Music, Redemption, Blackout

Haha I was going to write the same thing! but obviously we are not alone! :p

Well, my "saddest" ranking: :D

• Unintended
  • Exogenesis pt. 3
  • Blackout
  • Endlessly
  • Escape

Hyper Chondriac is "too obscure/too heavy"... you don´t feel sad but beaten, crushed and everything... :erm: (but I like it, don´t worry) and the same for Con-Science... but that one makes me sleepy :p

I'm listening to Falling Down right this second and I just thought it was really sad! It does sound really depressing anyway, but the lyrics are so sad too..

I was calling your name

But you would never hear me sing

You wouldn’t let me begin

So I’m crawling away

'Cause you broke my heart in two, yeahh

No, I will not forget you

:supersad:

Archived