I think that pretty much all of Muse's songs are sad, lyrically, but the music isn't 'sad'. For instance take Muscle Museum, "Can you see the i am kneeling(?) begging for so much more than you could ever give", is pretty sad but the music isn't 'sad'. Notice i'm putting 'sad' in inverted commas because i'm using 'sad' as slow, haunting etc...

I think that pretty much all of Muse's songs are sad, lyrically, but the music isn't 'sad'. For instance take Muscle Museum, "Can you see the i am kneeling(?) begging for so much more than you could ever give", is pretty sad but the music isn't 'sad'. Notice i'm putting 'sad' in inverted commas because i'm using 'sad' as slow, haunting etc...

It's "Can't you see that I am needing, and begged you for so much more than you could ever give?"

Just trying to help :awesome:

Space Dementia has to be one, for the same reasons as one of the posters above stated, and Falling Away With You. Oh, and erm, Guiding Light. ;) Although that's a different kind of sad.

Erm, I wouldn't classify Falling Away With You as a sad song. More of a shit song. As for Guiding Light, it is in no way sad.

Lol

I am totally the opposite, Muscle Museum is screaming, dramatic, minor-based, an aura of hopelessness... I actually feel it's one of their saddest songs :p

Lol

I am totally the opposite, Muscle Museum is screaming, dramatic, minor-based, an aura of hopelessness... I actually feel it's one of their saddest songs :p

I think of it as more of a "fuck you" song, quite strong but with lots of repressed sad emotion. So not an aura of hopelessness because of it's fighting spirit.

I love how Muse use quirky music in dark songs. I feel that I understand it emotionally, I can actually feel what it means physically, but it's difficult to explain or put into words.

It kind of makes the undercurrent of sadness worse because it's disguised. It's similar to the sad clown idea. I think the best songs are based on that conflict and Muse use it a lot. Well their music produces that feeling in me a lot, at least.

Well for me Shine is definitely the saddest Muse song because it makes me feel the saddest.

The bleakest muse song is Megalomania. I think Matt has said that song came out of one of the darkest times of his life. Megalomania is more satirical whereas Shine is more sentimental.

Muscle Museum and Escape are sad but I feel that the conflict going through make them not so depressing. Soldier's poem is very sad too but it keeps sadness at a distance really as there is a feeling of resignation in it, I think.

Citizen Erased is kind of sad but I would say it is less about sad feelings than it is trying to get rid of them or rise above them.

Well for me Shine is definitely the saddest Muse song because it makes me feel the saddest.

Agree. Shine lyric is very sad and the music is beautifully sad as well. II like the sound o fthe rain in the song.

Falling Away With You and Hoodoo come second.

Archived