Lyrically, I could put in a whole lot of songs from Absolution, being about a somewhat sad subject...like...THE END OF THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Lyrically, Ruled by Secrecy. Musically, Blackout. Though both of those songs are sad on both accounts. (Well, Ruled by Secrecy is more epic musically than sad, but you know. :p)

But actually I've noticed that there's really no Muse song which would be very happy or positive.

I find KoC, Invincible, Plug In Baby and IBTY happy, optimistic and/or uplifting.

Any of those would bring a smile to my face without fail, even if I've had a bad day.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm, well quite a few Muse songs have made me cry, and I think they're the only band that can do that to me.

Saddest though, is probably Blackout. I can't listen to that without welling up.

And Redemption...manohman, I'm listening to it now and tearing up as I type this.

I'm just realizing now how sad it really is...Wow.

I gotta go find my Kleenex :(

what's so sad about Redemption? It's not that bad. Depends on how you interpret the song I suppose, you can relate it to a relationship, although the song is actually about leaving a broken Earth and starting again on a new planet... which isn't sad at all since it's so farfetched.

what's so sad about Redemption? It's not that bad. Depends on how you interpret the song I suppose, you can relate it to a relationship, although the song is actually about leaving a broken Earth and starting again on a new planet... which isn't sad at all since it's so farfetched.

Let's start over again

Why can't we start it over again?

Just let us start it over again

And we'll be good

This time we'll get it...

We'll get it right

It's our last chance to forgive ourselves

I think the concept is really sad, and humble and moving. If you see photos of the earth from the moon, its beautiful. It's like, why do we have all these wars and damage our planet with polution? All these things seem such a waste and the background to them so trivial when we have this beautiful world. That to me is what is so sad and moving.

You don't know in the context of the song whether we ever get our last chance but Matt said in an interview, I think, that his feeling is that we don't.:(

It's making me all shivery just thinking about it. Somehow we need to do something about this. All the countries, all the people. It's not that far fetched really when you put it into the context that we are doing the damage right now. We also have the capacity for completely destroying our planet.:(

Archived