I think Hyper chondriac music is one of thier saddest, one of my favs too.

yeah, defs hyper chondriac music. the first time i heard it i was like "god this is so depressing, but its so beautiful". i think hoodoo is also quite sad as well, especially the last line :(

Yeah redemption is very sad indeed. I think it might be a little relationshipy aswell in a sense.

Makes me cry all the time like a big emo.

It's weird, while I don't find Redemption to be particularly sad, it does make me cry all the time. I think I cry more at the beauty of it than at the alleged sadness ;) It's just so moving and beautiful :'( :happy:

Guiding light is sad, well it can get to me for my own reasons, but it's not the saddest.

I think that prize goes to Escape which breaks my heart as I think it might be a personal song!:(

Hoodoo is pretty unbearable if you think about it ... just that someone would feel so unable to reveal their love that they contemplated a suicide pact...is one of the most tragic, sad things I could ever think of. There is still a lot of beauty in there too - the love is beautiful. But phew!:(

Redemption is very moving, but like posted previously, it doesn't produce quite the same feeling it's a beautiful, kind of hopeful sadness.

I think those three are probably the most powerful sad songs Muse have ever done! :stunned:

I second that!!! Escape takes the cake! :(

Seems as though their songs aren't as 'sad' lyrically as they used to be though.

Yeah, Showbiz is their most personal album by far and that's why a lot of fans love it. Where the most love-based songs on the last two albums fail is their lack of personal input. They might sound great but there's nothing on them like the real feelings found on tracks like Falling Down and Escape.

Yeah, Showbiz is their most personal album by far and that's why a lot of fans love it. Where the most love-based songs on the last two albums fail is their lack of personal input. They might sound great but there's nothing on them like the real feelings found on tracks like Falling Down and Escape.

And those are two of my most favorites right now.... I've been listening to Showbiz non-stop lately... oh and Coma.... wish that one was on there! ;)

For me, I think the songs where the music is "sad" make me all emo, more so than the songs that just have sad lyrics. Guiding Light has sad lyrics, but the music isn't really, so it's different than listening to Redemption.

And for some reason Stockholm Syndrome really gets to me.

Seems as though their songs aren't as 'sad' lyrically as they used to be though

I think that's a good thing. I'm not really one for wallowing in someone else's sadness. I love The Resistance so much!:) It contains conflict, it's not totally feelgood, but I find it uplifting. I don't know what it is about it really. I think it's an exciting album, quite zany, and magnificant!:D

A bit inappropriate for this thread maybe! I visited it because we were talking about the early days on another thread earlier and I listened to Showbiz this evening because of that and Escape is just so touching :( but its in the past and even though it still affects me, I don't want to listen to sad songs all the time.:) I'm glad that they are happy!:)

I think that's a good thing. I'm not really one for wallowing in someone else's sadness. I love The Resistance so much!:)

I agree. It's really cool to see just how they've "evolved" over the years.. they are just getting better and better!!!

Showbiz is the album that made me fall in love with their music... It is a very personal album but also it's about the raw delivery because the lyrics and meaning were very close to them at the time it was recorded.

The last gem in the same vein was Falling away with you (for me)... I think where Exogenesis (Redemption) differs is that the saddest is primarily in the music not the words.

It's weird, while I don't find Redemption to be particularly sad, it does make me cry all the time. I think I cry more at the beauty of it than at the alleged sadness ;) It's just so moving and beautiful :'( :happy:

yeah, i know what you mean by that. it happened to me with, of all the songs, knights of cydonia. i was watching the one on HAARP and i was like "oh my god, this is so incredible i didnt even know musis this awesome and powerful existed" and i had a little tear in my eye :$:LOL::D

Muse have their fair share of sad songs but I think I'm going to have to go with Unintended as their all-time; especially the chorus. It just gets to me every time I listen to it.

As far as simply tear jerker songs that aren't necessarily sad; I've cried over many a Muse song (in various versions) simply for the sheer beauty of the music: S4A, Stockholm Syndrome, Hysteria, Blackout (numerous times), Invincible, Citizen Erased (2nd half especially), Eternally Missed, Bliss, Resistance, Guiding Light, Overture and Redemption for starters...

/off topic

Archived