Progressive Song Discussion Thread

Aussie Muser

Used to be one of my favourite songs to play acoustically just by myself because it was so nice and bouncy and had a great feel to it even though the lyrics were a bit dark. Haven't listened to it in a long time though, let alone played it, I still remember how to though as it's one of those songs you just don't forget how to play.

Are you supposed to post a number rating in this thread? 'Cause I don't tend to do that. Just in case, I'll do one this time: 7/10

Are you supposed to post a number rating in this thread? 'Cause I don't tend to do that. Just in case, I'll do one this time: 7/10

It's song discussion and not song rating, so I don't think you need to post a number rating. I've never done it myself so far since I hate numerical ratings.

Ok, I guess no one else cares for Yes Please. So moving onto Map of Your Head

This one's great. Light-hearted, simple, emotive. and overall just a really good happily dark song that's really unlike anything else the band has done.

unusually "happy-sounding" song for Muse. but I like it, it's fun to listen to. good thing to listen to HCM right afterwards to see how large a contrast Muse are capable of creating.

7/10

edit: I love numerical rating, so I'm gonna keep it up anyway :p

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Okay next song then.

Ashamed

My favourite thing about ashamed is how contrasting the soothing gentle climax to shine acoustic is to the feedback/screeching intro to this song. That riff, that bassline!!! Omg, such a good track. My favourite muse song to crank in the car at 20 when I'm pissed off. Although I gave no idea what he's singing the energy in this sing is incredible. Probably their heaviest track. Love the outro riff too. It's just so in your face.

8/10

Archived