Progressive Song Discussion Thread

Aussie Muser

without listening to the new album yet, the more prog they get the more interesting they become.

and by the way they are also nominated for the 1st progressive music awards in the visionary category (alongside radiohead) and matt for the guiding light category against some great names such as robert fripp and steven wilson.

http://awards.progrockmag.com/awards/guiding-light

http://awards.progrockmag.com/awards/visionary

without listening to the new album yet, the more prog they get the more interesting they become.

and by the way they are also nominated for the 1st progressive music awards in the visionary category (alongside radiohead) and matt for the guiding light category against some great names such as robert fripp and steven wilson.

http://awards.progrockmag.com/awards/guiding-light

http://awards.progrockmag.com/awards/visionary

I made a thread about that when the news came out and no one gave a fuck about my little beautiful thread :supersad:

Since everyone seems to be finished discussing that past mess of rather uncollected b-sides I'll move onto Hullabaloo (disc one only).

Forced In to start it off.

Haven't seen much talk about it but from what I have seen it's been a rather polarizing song. I actually really love it though, the ambience with the sound and vocals, the simplicity of the guitar riff, and the ending with the guitar scrapes and such. I wouldn't mind the band returning to that style.

Bit of a crazy last few days so let's move on.

Shrinking Universe. Oh my I adore this one. Simple enough guitar work with a driving drumline from Dom. Very good and catchy at the first with the standard structure and then breaking down into an epic loud beast of Matt's falsetto. Definitely one of my favorites of the album.

Bit of a crazy last few days so let's move on.

Shrinking Universe. Oh my I adore this one. Simple enough guitar work with a driving drumline from Dom. Very good and catchy at the first with the standard structure and then breaking down into an epic loud beast of Matt's falsetto. Definitely one of my favorites of the album.

Shrinking Universe is one of my favorite Muse songs, period. It was actually the first Muse song I ever heard (to my knowledge). Have loved it ever since. That falsetto at the end is just :stongue:

lol I agree though. At the beginning I genuinely thought that here we discussed the more prog-sounding songs

I get what the OP was trying to say. This thread is a good idea too. Avoids clutter.

Anyways, on topic.

I like the synth in the second verse of SU. Has a nice feel to it.

the discussion is what's progressive, not the songs (not all of them), just to clear eveyone's minds:chuckle:

but oooh shrinking universe:supersad: it's just so perfect... the way it explodes at the end, that melts your face:LOL: how is it even possible that this song never made it to the album...? instead of..hmm.. feeling good? well, i guess it's simply:logic:

anyways, 10/10

Shrinking. Fucking. Universe.

This song is just too :awesome: for mere words can't describe it. I love Matt's vocals/voice from the OOS era the most, and the bridge of this song shows you why I think that. Like Fabri, its also in my top 20 Muse songs (top 15 actually). It's my favourite song off Hullabaloo, along with Recess and HCM. Also, it's one of Muse's best climax songs, up there with TaB and Showbiz.

Lol I feel like such a fanboy :chuckle:

Discussion seems to have died down. Moving on...

Recess

I love this track. Love the simplicity and haunting chords that break into that crazy whammy solo. I love the lyrics too and their ambiguity. Really adds to the atmosphere.

Also, if you missed a song discussion just go ahead and include it in your post anyways if you want to catch up. A few songs at least, post character limit should be enough.

Archived