Progressive Song Discussion Thread

Aussie Muser

And I've seen it live, bitches :cool:

Fuck you, okay :supersad:

Megalomania, well. Best album closer Muse have done (even though every album closer is been great so far). Perfect use of organ, amazing lyrics, great atmosphere and massive ending.

10/10

edit: oh and the live @ RAH 2008 :awesome:

Whew, ok Megalomania.

As has been said, great album closer, just like on every other Muse album. Love the atmosphere at the start, the lyrics, that massive chorus and that epic moment when the organ kicks in. Also, I love the title, it makes the lyric in the chorus that much more awesome.

Oh and nice falsetto to end off.

10/10

holy crap megalomania:LOL: probably one of the Muse songs I really regard as "out of this world". I always loved organs, but this song takes that sound to a whole new level. a beautiful, dark OoS-song with some very good lyrics. I'd also like to give an honorable mention to the crazy falsetto after the second chorus in the studio version. "sent shivers down my spine..." :Doh and the organ blast at the end is just :eek::eek::awesome:

10/10 of course

So I'm going to follow the style when Showbiz discussion ended and go over some b-sides that' aren't on Hullabaloo before moving on. Also like Aussie Muser did I'll just start the conversation in one post.

Shine (electric)

Piano Thing

Bedroom Acoustics -

Execution Commentary

Shine (electric): great b-side, nothing actually incredible but still lovely song. 8/10

Piano thing: best thing Matt has done with piano. 9/10

Bedroom Acoustics: best thing Matt has done with guitar. 9/10

Execution Commentary: dat riff. 8/10

shine: a lovely song indeed, really pleasant and relaxing listening to it. not the usual theatrical galaxy-blowing Muse craziness:LOL: 8/10

Piano thing: one of my favourite Muse songs. I usually don't include it in my top ten, because it's just Matt playing. still, probably the most epic two and a half minutes in the world. truly amazing. 10/10

Bedroom Acoustics: I don't know why, but this song didn't really do anything for me. nice guitar playing and all, but it somehow lacks structure and fails to draw my attention. and that's some really strict critics:LOL: 7/10

Execution Commentary: almost considered a joke because of the 'lyrics' but as the comment above me stated: dat riff. so 'dat riff' gets 9/10 from me. :LOL:

Shine (electric) - Relaxing. One of Muse's best slower songs. 8/10

Piano Thing - Holy crap. What a song. It's a b-side for a reason (could never be on an album), but it's a great piece. It sort of takes you on an adventure. 8.5/10

Bedroom Acoustics - Beautiful B-side filler, similar to Piano thing, only not as good. 7.5/10

Execution Commentary - Beauti--

uhh... never mind. A nasty piece of work, but hilarious nonetheless. 8/10

Shine - It's alright, nothing spectacular though. I prefer the acoustic version (although that still isn't all that great).

Piano Thing - Great. Really immersive and enthralling, wonderful thing to just sit down and listen to, although not quite as good as...

Bedroom Acoustics - One of my favourite Muse songs. Very immersive and it really feels like there's a lot of emotion in the playing. One of those songs I can put on in the background and just leave it on.

Execution Commentary - Fuck yes.

Futurism - Amazing. Again, one of my favourite Muse songs. Everything is fantastic, especially the vocals and bass.

In Your World - Never been able to really get into this one. I really like everything apart from the riff, that really puts me off for whatever reason.

Dead Star - Obviously amazing. The thing that always gets me to love it even more though is the voice in the background of the chorus saying 'You used...to be...every...thing to...me now...I am...tired of...fighting...tired of...fighting...fighting...'. That, and the screams of 'Fighting yourself!'. Fucking wonderful song.

ookay, I'm gonna add the other 3, as well.

Futurism - great song, has an especially lovable bassline. also, one of my favorite Muse lyrics. the ending though could be a bit...um...well, more:D otherwise, 9/10

In Your World - I've already said it a few times, but for me, this song is split in two parts: the first one is the intro, the verses and the ending, which is VERY awesome, with the riff and all. the second part is the choruses, which is a complete fail, imo. so because of that, and the shortness of the song, i shall give it 6/10

Dead Star - now this is THE song:LOL: heaviest Muse song ever and the most powerful one, as well. cool vocals, cool bassline, cool everything. its only downside is that it isn't played anymore. 10/10

In Your World - Erm... Nice riff and verses,but the chorus sounds like a different song. 7/10

Dead Star - Oh,oh,oh.Now OK,we're talking about a [NME mode on]heavy metal try to take revenge on hated ones,with some epic spiralling riffage and downright breathtaking, hysteric vocals [/NME mode off].10/10.

Futurism - One of the Muse songs along with HTAILLY and Screenager that aren't B-Sides and I haven't ever heard :$

Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You - Erm... not very good,but I don't even like the original so I'm going to give it a 5/10.

In Your World - I really like the studio version, a lot. But the live version doesn't convey the same oomph. Great riff and nice verses, chorus is not on the same level though. 7/10

Dead Star - :awesome: 10/10

Futurism - amazing vocals and bass and guitar. 9/10

Can't Take My Eyes Off You - I reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaally like it. I always liked the original, this is why I love this :chuckle: 8/10

In your World- s'alright, not stunning: 7/10

Dead Star- really only been getting into it recently. Awesome, heavy, fricking insane. Vocals, guitar, drums, n dat bass :awesome: 10/10

Futurism: Love this song. So powerful and epic. Vocals make me want to cry, like the climax of Shrinking Universe, just sounds so desperate and powerful. Oh and again, dat bass :awesome: 10/10

Can't take my eyes off of you: cool cover, love Dom's singing debut, but its only really the da-da part and chorus that I like, so 7.5/10

Archived