I never really liked Invincible but after this weekend I love it...I think it took a bit of jumping, singing and glowsticks to get me there, but now I think it's just super :) I'm not sure if it's good as a single still, I think it was better as "the heart of the album" rather than something stand-alone.

Yeah I don't get why so many dislike Invincible either, yet many seem to like Starlight?? Starlight, to me, is by far their most annoying song :p And yeah, I think Starlight is more Coldplay-ish, where Invincible is more Keane-like. I love invincible :D

Yeah I don't get why so many dislike Invincible either, yet many seem to like Starlight?? Starlight, to me, is by far their most annoying song :p And yeah, I think Starlight is more Coldplay-ish, where Invincible is more Keane-like. I love invincible :D

Coldplay > Keane by a very, very long way

Starlight is good, its upbeat and uptempo. Yes Invincible is upbeat (ish) but its so slow and takes forever to do something interesting

Guest emzlilachouse

Invisable is a great song! But its not their best song

Their best song has got to be Starlight and Hysteria

I was standing there in Trafalgar Square, thinking "oh balls, I gotta listen to invincible 3 times this weekend " :eek:.

It has a nice 2nd half to the song, but the first half is boring as hell goes nowhere.

I also think it sounds like a poor man's Butterflies and Hurricanes (they both are uplifting anthems).

I too love Invincible! I love the song, and the video too! The awesome bass riff, the cheezy lyrics and all!

I love unintended and the Sing for Absolution video!

There is not one Muse song I dislike, and I can't see why everyone hats Invincible and Unintended!

Invincible is also bloody amazing live!!

Well i don't really think Invincible is Muse's style, sounds more Coldplay-ish to me :stunned:

Booooooo. That's really getting old; they're Musicians- and they're creative, they have brains, they have inspirations- they're sound is GOING to change. Looks like someone's afraid of change. When an artist has the same tune, the same look for decades- not only does they're music start to sour- their freshness (??) - heart (?? can't put my finger on it) starts to sour too. If I know what I'm talking about. So get over it. Please :]

It's just so.....dull. And ordinary. And not like Muse at all, really, apart from the middle riff, which again, is quite bland. And I don't like the ending.

It's excellent live, if just for the singalong value and what Matt does to the riff.

EDIT: And just for arguement's sake, I absolutly love Unintended, but S4A is my least favourite song off Absolution. Go figure.

• 4 weeks later...
After all i've said to slag it off i'm going to do a u-turn and say at least I like it marginally more than apocalypse please!

So it comes second out of only five muse songs that I dislike (the other 3 being host, balloonatic and uno).

:D

what is wrong with any of those songs? :erm::LOL:

After all i've said to slag it off i'm going to do a u-turn and say at least I like it marginally more than apocalypse please!

So it comes second out of only five muse songs that I dislike (the other 3 being host, balloonatic and uno).

:D

Apocalypse Please is one of the best Muse songs :unsure: so you must love Invincible then, HERESY! :eek:

Invincible is an amazing song.... if you let the lyrics wash over you and you actually have the patience to listen to it. It's a strong song lyrically.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Yeah, now to provide examples why Invincible is absolutely horrible lyrically...oh sod it!

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Archived