i love invincible too, especially the guitar bit that matt does (i think its him) and i luv the video too!!!

we should make a "welove invincible club"

but thats probably happened, and people will prob forget about it after a day

BUT I LOVE INVINCIBLE!!!

I dont get you people! how can you not like invincible? its one of the best songs from bhr.

I could make a comment about join dates but then I'll get shouted at

So i'll explain myself now, older fans of muse are more likely to prefer the Oos style sound which is vastly different to the style of Invincible. Newer muse fans may have been drawn in by SMBH, Starlight in which case Invincible appeals to them and gradually become more accustomed to the older style or stick to the newer stuff.

Disclaimer: This may all be bollocks and is a purely my own opinion

So i'll explain myself now, older fans of muse are more likely to prefer the Oos style sound which is vastly different to the style of Invincible. Newer muse fans may have been drawn in by SMBH, Starlight in which case Invincible appeals to them and gradually become more accustomed to the older style or stick to the newer stuff.

It's a sappy teenager girl song, just like starlight.

*awaits for the flames*

I'd pretty much agree with that.

I don't mind invincible, it's Starlight & Map of the Probelmatique I particularly despise. :mad:

I'd pretty much agree with that.

I don't mind invincible, it's Starlight & Map of the Probelmatique I particularly despise. :mad:

I'm the other way round, used to love Map of the Problematique but am a bit bored of it now.

...older fans of muse are more likely to prefer the Oos style sound ...Newer muse fans may have been drawn in by SMBH, Starlight, in which case Invincible appeals to them...

Your theory is quite accurate in my case.

I started liking Muse last year, and Starlight was the clincher. It made me want to discover the rest of their songs. (Don't cringe, but when I heard Hysteria I thought, "Oh, that's them!" :$ )

I deviate from your theory, though, in my tendency to favor the early stuff - of any band. While I do love Invincible (cuz I'm in love), I also appreciate OoS (Bliss, Plug In Baby are top faves). And, -big shocker- my favorite album (Absolution) lies nicely in the middle.

Edit:

It's a sappy teenager girl song

At 33, I'm no teenager.

Your theory is quite accurate in my case.

I started liking Muse last year, and Starlight was the clincher. It made me want to discover the rest of their songs. (Don't cringe, but when I heard Hysteria I thought, "Oh, that's them!" :$ )

I deviate from your theory, though, in my tendency to favor the early stuff - of any band. While I do love Invincible (cuz I'm in love), I also appreciate OoS (Bliss, Plug In Baby are top faves). And, -big shocker- my favorite album (Absolution) lies nicely in the middle.

Works for me too (just it was KoC that really made me think "right, I need that album"), and I was exactly the same with Hysteria (and SfA reminded me where I'd heard the name before). But I love Showbiz to death, and Absolution and BHaR, it's just OoS that doesn't really work for me.

EDIT: Hold on! What the hell's wrong with the (genius) SfA video? What's wrong with Unintended? Why does everyone not seem to like Soldier's Poem either? Why is my opinion always in the minority?

EDIT: Hold on! What the hell's wrong with the (genius) SfA video? What's wrong with Unintended? Why does everyone not seem to like Soldier's Poem either? Why is my opinion always in the minority?

SFA video is cringey, way too over the top on the effects and was a major disaapointment on what imagery you could put to that song

Soldiers Poem is too short, its a bit boring considering it follows the massively uptempo MOTP

Unintended verges from being beautiful to outrageously cheesy depending on my mood

I downloaded Soldier's Poem from Microcuts before I got BH&R. Like most of their songs, I like the live version better. However, unlike most of their songs, the album version makes me go "ew."

(Not trying to jump on a bandwagon, here. I'm still pro-Invincible.)

Who cares for anti invincible people ?

Anyone is entitled to it's own opinion so If you do hate a muse song ? fine cause I'm doing the same for other ones (Hoodoo *coughs coughs*)

As long as people are just able to explain me WHY it's not good I'm fine with it .

Personnally I've enjoyed it since day one and am still (was lucky to not listening to radios at all when it was played) .

The vid is atrocious and absolutely not fits in with the lyrics and the mood of the track, but outside of it on a pure audio point of view, it's greatness .

Strong drums, good bassline , sick bellamian solo and most important, magnificient voice , passionnated and gentle , which sings the beautiful and really simple (but strong) lyrics with convincition .

Simply beautiful, an anthem to love and faith into your own beliefs

Who cares for anti invincible people ?

Anyone is entitled to it's own opinion so If you do hate a muse song ? fine cause I'm doing the same for other ones (Hoodoo *coughs coughs*)

As long as people are just able to explain me WHY it's not good I'm fine with it .

Personnally I've enjoyed it since day one and am still (was lucky to not listening to radios at all when it was played) .

The vid is atrocious and absolutely not fits in with the lyrics and the mood of the track, but outside of it on a pure audio point of view, it's greatness .

Strong drums, good bassline , sick bellamian solo and most important, magnificient voice , passionnated and gentle , which sings the beautiful and really simple (but strong) lyrics with convincition .

Simply beautiful, an anthem to love and faith into your own beliefs

Our opinions clearly differ since I think Hoodoo is one of the best muse songs since the OoS days.

When you compare it to the genius of Citizen Erased , In Your World , Showbiz etc...you have every reason to hate it. Its not a bad song but when you hear a band with MUSE' potential release a typical chart single it can dissapoint.

Our opinions clearly differ since I think Hoodoo is one of the best muse songs since the OoS days.

Yes it's YOUR opinion, to me Hoodoo is definitively the most horrible song on BHR alongside Soldier's Poem

Skip both all the time (wel I'm also skipping Starlight now for other reasons, listened to it way too much)

I still do think Invincible is vastly underrated and is a really good songs with enough creativity into it

Yes it's YOUR opinion, to me Hoodoo is definitively the most horrible song on BHR alongside Soldier's Poem

Skip both all the time (wel I'm also skipping Starlight now for other reasons, listened to it way too much)

I still do think Invincible is vastly underrated and is a really good songs with enough creativity into it

yes i agree, when i first heard the album, I never liked Hoodoo. But now i love the song and for Invincible, i think its a great song. And soldier's peom is good, but too short. but if people don't like song(s) from the BHaR album, it's their opinion. :)

invincible is one the best muse songs i've ever heard. i dont care that loads of people slag it off, cause it feels slightly more personal than if my favourite song was hysteria or something. also you can tell muse really love that song, and it's epic in a really interesting way. i can't say a bad thing about it. people who don't like it...it's just their loss really

I've always seen Hoodoo as a song for the OoS fans. Makes me think they might not tread that same ground ever again... :unsure:

Hoodoo does have that kind of OoS feel, as does City of Delusion. Hmm i'm not sure, I hope they go down the Hoodoo/CoD route for the next album.

Archived