Coming back to the topic....

Invincible is really underrated. I mean why is it hated so much? For the life of me, I fail to comprehend the hatred behind this song. And why are people branding it the worst in the album when....

a) It has an interesting melody and is FAR from boring. SP claims that position as the most boring song on BH&R.

b) It's lyrics are inspiring. Come on, it doesnt necessarily HAVE to be a love song. Look at the theme of the album, war and the like. Surely its about being united? Starlight lyrics are by far the worst on the album.

c) It has one hulleva kick ass guitar solo. On par with many other fantastic guitar solos. What makes this particular solo more unique is that its a tapping one. How many Muse songs have a tapping solo, other than New Born?

In short, Invincible is a brilliant song.

Coming back to the topic....

Invincible is really underrated. I mean why is it hated so much? For the life of me, I fail to comprehend the hatred behind this song. And why are people branding it the worst in the album when....

a) It has an interesting melody and is FAR from boring. SP claims that position as the most boring song on BH&R.

b) It's lyrics are inspiring. Come on, it doesnt necessarily HAVE to be a love song. Look at the theme of the album, war and the like. Surely its about being united? Starlight lyrics are by far the worst on the album.

c) It has one hulleva kick ass guitar solo. On par with many other fantastic guitar solos. What makes this particular solo more unique is that its a tapping one. How many Muse songs have a tapping solo, other than New Born?

In short, Invincible is a brilliant song.

I have to agree with you on pretty much all of that. Origianlly I actually hated Invincible. Oddly enough, it was the music video that changed my mind. Having watched that I fully appreciated the song for what it is....fun. Muse don't have to sing about doom and gloom all the time. This song is upbeat, fun, multi-layered, and cheesy in a good way.

i love invincible.

whether i understood its meaning then and whether i understand them now "makes no difference to me", because i find the lyrics gave me strength and inspiration. strangely, it's actually the vid for the song i don't like (not sure why though).

as for the starlight lyrics? well...all i can say is that i love the lines "my life. you electrify my life. let's conspire to ignite..all the souls that would die just to feel alive" because it just wakes me up (to say nothing of the wicked guitar grooves combined with the piano).

IMO, Invincible is good if you're not really listening to it properly until the good bits. It just takes far too long to get to them. It's best near the end where the solo kicks in and Matt sings with more desperation. That's the feeling I get from listening to it right now anyways.

Oooh, there's Assassin on after it! Ahh, I would be a drummer just for this! *mimes drums* Better x312435232353253423423

IMO, Invincible is good if you're not really listening to it properly until the good bits. It just takes far too long to get to them. It's best near the end where the solo kicks in and Matt sings with more desperation. That's the feeling I get from listening to it right now anyways.

Oooh, there's Assassin on after it! Ahh, I would be a drummer just for this! *mimes drums* Better x312435232353253423423

Invincible is better than Assassin, I think.....:unsure:

Eh you are supposed to be muse's fans??!!!!!:mad: i'll kill my self...i'm from greece...and i declare that i love every single song of them...muse is the best band in the world...invincible is a wonderful song too...there wouldn't exist a video-clip for that song if it wasn't a succes anywway!...unintended is also great...(sorry for my grammatical mistakes!!as i have just said i'm from greece!!!!!!!!)

Eh you are supposed to be muse's fans??!!!!!:mad: i'll kill my self...i'm from greece...and i declare that i love every single song of them...muse is the best band in the world...invincible is a wonderful song too...there wouldn't exist a video-clip for that song if it wasn't a succes anywway!...unintended is also great...(sorry for my grammatical mistakes!!as i have just said i'm from greece!!!!!!!!)

Err, in the words of Juuso, "This three-piece is far from perfect". So there.

There's a difference being a Muse fan and a deluded person living in a dream world, to put it bluntly.

Erm please don't kill yourself! It's good that fans can be critical and not just automatically like something just because it's from a certain band or artist. Thats ok for mcr fans but if you look a bit deeper into the music you listen to then your'll find things you don't like it doesn't mean your less of a fan.

Invincible is clearly not recommended for Muse fans with short attention spans, or children with ADHD.

(One and the same?)

Unintended is a fuckin' awesome song, btw, I never used to like it all that much, but the live version they're playing lately is so so good, got rid the cheesy little riff at the begining and made it classy like it should be.

Invincible is clearly not recommended for Muse fans with short attention spans, or children with ADHD.

(One and the same?)

Unintended is a fuckin' awesome song, btw, I never used to like it all that much, but the live version they're playing lately is so so good, got rid the cheesy little riff at the begining and made it classy like it should be.

wow...that was creepy....I changed my sig to talk about Unintended the same time you edited your post.....same wavelength it must be :)

Now now, saying stuff like that might anger some people. Just like saying Invincible is a song for people who are hopelessly cheesy and enjoy boring pop tracks with overly simply lyrics that they proceed to praise as godly. :)

Invincible is brilliant.

I don't care that it cheesy, out-of-character for Muse or anything. It's simple and belts out a simple, positive message.

It was easily one of the best songs at Wembley, 75,000 singing it really blew me away.

I must say that song does have a nice sing-a-long capability.

Archived