haha, ok since you asked for it :p

Reasons why Invincible is crap:

Cheesyness. Muse have released alot of cheesy stuff before than this, starting from Unintended and coming to Starlight, but Invincible is just so cheesy and yucky it makes me sick.

B&H remake?They build up the same way, they have a big solo in the middle and both continue after it the same way. What's the difference? Invincible tries to be uplifting in mood, failing in it.

Lyrics. It's just horrible, argh. AAARGH. MOO.

Okay, I can't be arsed to type more, but you get the point.

Couldn't agree more with the statements here - Straight to the point - IT SUCKS.

This just is not the Muse we know and love.

it's ok live. it's awful on cd. just so dreary and un-muse.

though i must admit i do find myself singing along to the line "during the struggle they will pull us down". i think if the purpose of releasing it as a single was to attract the more mainstream fan (as starlight did), it failed to do so.

this is one of my most beloved muse recordings,what a special song it all comes together the message,vibe,vocals,music it is a real achievement almost spooky and not of this world they have put a lot of careful attention into this song it takes me to places in my mind every time and has a lot of personal meaning to me,if you've never experienced this live a lot of people on this this thread can apparently tell ya...riveting,inspiration personified,ethereal,magical.

sure its different from a lot of their past work but that is one of muse's key features:their versatility and creativity level,they can do it all,and they are constantly getting more proficient and creative...better,to me,invincible is a very advanced and confident record

i think invincible is a great song, although i can see why people wouldnt think so :)

im not so keen on hoodoo, i think its alright, and again, i can see why people would think its better than invincible

i like all muse songs, though two of the worst ones have to be Falling Down and Overdue in my opinion, and even they arent awful songs.

• 3 weeks later...

Invincible studio version is good.

Invincible live is FANTASTIC.

Chances are, they will drop it next tour though. Many fans dislike it for a reason that ,for the life of me, I cant figure out. I wasnt so keen on it at first sight/hear:rolleyes: but it grew on me gradually. Its now one of my top 10 favourite songs.

Invincible live > Time is Running Out live > Starlight live.

Oh another point that I think deserves to be brought up.

Invincible is going through the Sing for Absolution phase. Majority wouldnt appreciate it until:

a)They've seen it being performed live.

b)Muse stop playing the song and we realise what's missing.

I was not one who adored said songs initially, but I was drawn into the haunting and gloomy atmosphere that was S4A as well as the perfect anthem in the form of Invincible.

Lyrics-wise, I agree that Invincible needs work. S4A,however, is simply the BEST song ever written.

Studio versions of both songs are avergae sounding but live, its a whole new phenomenon. In terms of brilliance when performed live, these two songs are at the peak, along with Bliss live, CE live, New Born live and KoC live. Muse should just do away with songs that ARE weak and SOUND weak live. Tiro and Starlight come to mind.

I know that this can and will mean war but honestly.... S4A/Invincible live > PiB live.

Im dead now arent I?:eek:

Plug in baby has gone from this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD_6-Uj4-Is&mode=related&search=

To this...

In five years, so yes, I can see why you don't think much of it live anymore, it just isn't as random now as it used to be. They've gotten older and the music both studio and live has changed. Not for the better, imo. You can have all the lights in the world, but if the music is obvious to the point of repetition (as I found last years NEC gig with the songs I'd heard live before) they mean nothing.

To this...

In five years, so yes, I can see why you don't think much of it live anymore, it just isn't as random now as it used to be. They've gotten older and the music both studio and live has changed. Not for the better, imo. You can have all the lights in the world, but if the music is obvious to the point of repetition (as I found last years NEC gig with the songs I'd heard live before) they mean nothing.

I didnt say PiB sucked live. Its a phenomenal live song. Its just that I find Invincible/S4A better live. :happy:

To this...

I saw them playing Plug In Baby on their last gig in Portugal and believe me, It was minf blowing 12340870523+ better than Reading. I don't have any decent video from that gig, but If you search for "Lisbon Muse Campo Pequeno" you get some videos....

Oh another point that I think deserves to be brought up.

Invincible is going through the Sing for Absolution phase. Majority wouldnt appreciate it until:

a)They've seen it being performed live.

b)Muse stop playing the song and we realise what's missing.

I was not one who adored said songs initially, but I was drawn into the haunting and gloomy atmosphere that was S4A as well as the perfect anthem in the form of Invincible.

Lyrics-wise, I agree that Invincible needs work. S4A,however, is simply the BEST song ever written.

Studio versions of both songs are avergae sounding but live, its a whole new phenomenon. In terms of brilliance when performed live, these two songs are at the peak, along with Bliss live, CE live, New Born live and KoC live. Muse should just do away with songs that ARE weak and SOUND weak live. Tiro and Starlight come to mind.

I know that this can and will mean war but honestly.... S4A/Invincible live > PiB live.

Im dead now arent I?:eek:

Sing for Absolution is yet another gloomy pop track. Nothing special.

Archived