I like them but there are simply too many.

Just have the Who Knows Who/Maggie's Farm riff after MOTP, two/three riffs after Stockholm Syndrome and another one after/before a random other song at another point in the show.

Hysteria and TiRO have been overkilled with the Back in Black and HOTRS/Hendrix gubbins.

ahhh i suppose THOSE riffs aren't really needed, though i'd still be happy to hear something a la the jam before TiRO wembley 07.

for me though, the riffs post MOTP/Stockholm are some of the most moshworthy parts of the gig :yesey:

CE, TaB and B&H aren't rare songs! They've been played hundreds of times! They were regulars throughout 06, 07 and 08!

It's gotten really, really bad if these are considered "rare" songs now days. What does that make previous regulars like Dead Star and City of Delusion and Assassin? Legendary? What does it make Muscle Museum and Hyper Music? Mythological.

Sad.

We shouldn't give credit to Muse for turning bad set lists into mediocre set lists (which Matt vocally resents doing). We should be hopeful they turn mediocre set lists into good set lists.

Technically they are rare to me.....but I guess thats not the point. Either way, last night's setlist is a great improvement than whats been played the entire tour (Minus the setlist from Asia in '09). I still don't see the fuss, it's all just nit picking now.

Technically they are rare to me.....but I guess thats not the point. Either way, last night's setlist is a great improvement than whats been played the entire tour (Minus the setlist from Asia in '09). I still don't see the fuss, it's all just nit picking now.

+1

Not really... I had fun in manchester, the setlist wasn't bad but it wasn't anything good either, basically it is just all the songs from the resistance tour + CE / TAB / BH

at this rate wembley is just gonna be a repeat of Wembley 2007 + songs of the resistance so nothing new from 3 years ago apart from the new material which is a bit sad considering the size of their back catalogue.

:stunned:

Have any of you seen the TaB videos from LCCG? I don't know if it was his guitar or his vocals, but Matt fucking let loose with the final falsetto (judging from how he was standing, it was him, not the guitar). I mean, a bit more of a push and he was at Showbiz note level.

DO IT MORE, BELLAMY.

edit:

Damn, it appears it was just the video I was listening to. It must've been the guitar wailing over Bellamy doing the falsetto normally. :( That said, it was still a good falsetto.

I like them but there are simply too many.

Just have the Who Knows Who/Maggie's Farm riff after MOTP, two/three riffs after Stockholm Syndrome and another one after/before a random other song at another point in the show.

Hysteria and TiRO have been overkilled with the Back in Black and HOTRS/Hendrix gubbins.

I personally don't like having the riff after Map of the Problematique, it sort of over shadows the song.

They should stick all their riffs after Stockholm Syndrome haha. It adds to the song.

They need to realise its better than SMBH.

I'd hope they'd keep on both in some capacity and ditch Unitended (one or two out of any of the other Showbiz singles should be on the set) Feeling Good, Starlight, Undisclosed Desires, Resistance, Guiding Light and even New Born (if they're not going to play it properly). Of course they won't and their next album will probably be worse than The Resistance........

I'd hope they'd keep on both in some capacity and ditch Unitended (one or two out of any of the other Showbiz singles should be on the set) Feeling Good, Starlight, Undisclosed Desires, Resistance, Guiding Light and even New Born (if they're not going to play it properly). Of course they won't and their next album will probably be worse than The Resistance........

Guiding Light won't have any relevance soon, it wasn't a single, it wasn't good. There's just no reason for it, and keeping it as a staple rather than MKU is just awful.

Guiding Light won't have any relevance soon, it wasn't a single, it wasn't good. There's just no reason for it, and keeping it as a staple rather than MKU is just awful.

Yeah but there will be more slow songs on the next album to clog up the shortening set with :awesome:

Yeah but there will be more slow songs on the next album to clog up the shortening set with :awesome:

Nah it won't be in place with their 90's eurodance,Country,Gangsta rap album which will truly be an orginal workpiece instead of that werid whiny, guitar and aprregioablah cunt shite :awesome:

You know it had to happen :LOL::p

Can I haz a DEATH TO THE OTT, USELESS, TIME WASTER, SHITTY COVER RIFFS banner at the barrier?

Sorry I can't resist - saw the setlist in the internetz somewhere accidentally :LOL: and in preparation of Wembley I've been checking the other threads randomly - shitty lame crowd in Muse home country? :eek::chuckle: OMG, I've been wondering what should I do to enjoy myself and make it really worth am going to spend on this. ;)

I suppose you're referring to LCCC here? Bit of an assumption considering most people posting in that thread had a fabulous time (I was there and the people around me were loving it) you could see on Matt, Dom and Chris's faces that they were enjoying themselves and Muse even took the trouble to make a positive comment on Twitter about it, which they don't often do.:happy: So, speaking as someone who was there, I think your comment is totally unjustified.

I suppose you're referring to LCCC here? Bit of an assumption considering most people posting in that thread had a fabulous time (I was there and the people around me were loving it) you could see on Matt, Dom and Chris's faces that they were enjoying themselves and Muse even took the trouble to make a positive comment on Twitter about it, which they don't often do.:happy: So, speaking as someone who was there, I think your comment is totally unjustified.

Exactly!:happy:

I like SMBH and Starlight. SMBH is just a genuinely good song IMO and one of the first songs that got me into Muse (And I heard it before it was ever associated with Twilight, not to mention I think thats a god awful series of movies anyway). And Starlight is just easy to listen to and I like it, . Lyrics could be considered a bit cheesy but I dont care, I kind of like them. The clapping is fun too and its a lot of fun to sing along to. It was also the only one where the crowd was REALLY loud singing in Houston (which is kind of sad but oh well) and that made it even more fun. I don't think either should be removed from the setlist.

neither are in their absolute best songs, but I like them both.

I also don't mind Feeling Good but I agree that it shouldn't be in the setlist. I also really hope UD is gone after this tour, i dont like the song and its even more boring live. Exogenesis Part 1 also shouldnt be in the set. either play all or nothing. It was used as the encore opener for the arena tour, but I think Take a Bow would have been MUCH better in its place. Guiding Light isn't that awful but shouldn't be on the setlist, or at least shouldnt be taking up the spot for a better song. MK Ultra should be a regular. So should Bliss and CE but I'll give them more of a leeway on that since those are from an old album, but MK is from the newest album. I mean come on. I also hope we've seen the last of NSC. Resistance isn't great live but I'm fine with it and like the song, kinda in the same way I like Starlight, though it isn't as fun live as Starlight.

So yeah my thoughts on setlists.

LCCC show looked like a lot of fun though, and setlist was fine for it. MK and Bliss would have been nice, but I'd kill for CE, Take a Bow, and B&H. And it sounds like they were on top form which is nice, I remember reading that they seemed bored Xacobeo and it got me worried.

fyi - I don't really intend to offend some people/of my internet friends here - I'm just really joking in my above post about some positive people who will enjoy any Muse show no matter what. I know and have seen some of you (them) - that they will tell like how it is (i.e will complain about security, organization whatever ... maybe not anything against the setlist/theatrics/cheesiness/OTT tackiness in Muse itself :LOL:) - you know what I mean. :)

Maybe that is just because they genuinly do enjoy the gig itself, and dont see it as cheesy or over the top.. or tacky... :wtf:

fyi - I don't really intend to offend some people/of my internet friends here - I'm just really joking in my above post about some positive people who will enjoy any Muse show no matter what. I know and have seen some of you (them) - that they will tell like how it is (i.e will complain about security, organization whatever ... maybe not anything against the setlist/theatrics/cheesiness/OTT tackiness in Muse itself :LOL:) - you know what I mean. :)

OK, I'm just saying there's a lot of people who would argue with those who said the crowd was flat at LCCC (especially the ones with the bruises to prove it) and it seems Muse themselves would disagree and I think they're a pretty reliable source.:p

Archived