For Wembley:

Now that IBTY has been cut, I think Citizen Erased will rotate with Bliss for slot number 8 in the setlist, right after Hysteria.

Butterflies and Hurricanes one night, possibly some other rarity the other night.

I would say switch B&H with Bliss, and MotP with MK.

When you put on such an extravagent show like Muse do, everything has to be co-ordinated perfectly. I really hope they don't end up like AC/DC in however many years... playing the same greatest hits set for every world tour date.

Exactly, the question is why the visuals are more important than the songs?

What you said in other words: Muse can't play great and variated setlists, because it's more important that it looks good.

But now I think we all know that the show/visuals isn't the problem, Muse are.

Exactly, the question is why the visuals are more important than the songs?

What you said in other words: Muse can't play great and variated setlists, because it's more important that it looks good.

But now I think we all know that the show/visuals isn't the problem, Muse are.

I saw Rage Against the Machine at Download this year. It was the greatest gig I've ever seen/participated in, nearly the WHOLE CROWD (100k people!!) were going mental to every song. All they have is a red star flag in the background, they're just 4 guys with instruments playing their heart out, but man does their music mean a lot to so many. These guys are Muse's idols, instead of playing a RATM riff on the end of their songs, they should perform with the same amount of energy, screw the lights.

AC/DC, in absolute contrast, played a greatest hits set in the most mechanical way possible. It was brilliant, no doubt about that, however everything right down to the crowd interaction was rehearsed like clockwork. They even refused to put their name on any of Download's merchandise because of money.

I think the next tour should be a "back to basics" tour, strip back the lights and let's just have the three of them on stage (get rid of Morgan as well because I reckon he's part of why Muse have become so bad these days) with their instruments and a few normal gig lights. They really do spend much more time on the way things look than on maybe adding a bit of spontaniety to their sets.

Bands can grow too big, and I think Muse are at that stage now. The Manics have been there, when they were doing stadiums and look at them now...doing good-sized venues with great setlists and they're still bloody brilliant.

I think it was a pretty great setlist for what they have been doing. If you are trying to expect more you should probably just quit while you are ahead, it's a bit pointless and most people know that already. They played Butterflies & Hurricanes along with Citizen Erased and Take A Bow, Id say thats a pretty good set of rare songs to add in to the already played songs this tour. Guiding Light is rotated, its a Resistance song, it will be played. Feeling Good is one of their most popular songs, it's going to be played. This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Most people nowadays are just nit picking everything, which is whatever I guess. Be glad you fuckers are getting B&H and Citizen Erased and the lot. America gets the basics.

I feel like I'm also going to get retorted with some "oh this is my opinion" nonsense. Deal with it, this is my opinion as well. That argument is double sided my friends.

I think the next tour should be a "back to basics" tour, strip back the lights and let's just have the three of them on stage (get rid of Morgan as well because I reckon he's part of why Muse have become so bad these days) with their instruments and a few normal gig lights. They really do spend much more time on the way things look than on maybe adding a bit of spontaniety to their sets.

Bands can grow too big, and I think Muse are at that stage now. The Manics have been there, when they were doing stadiums and look at them now...doing good-sized venues with great setlists and they're still bloody brilliant.

What point would that serve? Hes there to play bits that would otherwise be a backing track :erm:

But I agree that they need a stripped back tour, I don't think they'll go back to theatre venues but a really stripped back arena tour would be great.

Just purely on visuals and effects, the entire night was amazing. The set got an amazing crowd reaction, tbh CE was the worst received song where I was. The majority of people got every single song they could've wanted and it's fairly understandable if Muse don't give a shit what people on here say or complain about. They played right up until curfew and I didn't even notice the riffs taking up that much time, they really added to the atmosphere when they were played though.

...And to play parts that Matt can't be bothered to play anymore, like the intro to New Born.

and the reason for that was the stage during the arena tour, unless they moved NB later in the set and had Matt play the intro when the piano was being lowered...

Matt should be playing it though Stadium/Festivals...its just being lazy :p

I think they should just use the festival stage doesn't get in the way but still good visuals (the recent stadium stage is just too freaking tacky).

That setlist is pretty average. Essentially, you've paid £60 to see just 20 songs with about 10 minutes of pointless riffing.

Could of been worse, but still it is just terrible value for what you get for a tacky stage and a whole section dedicated to 80's styled cheese. I would of went if they raised the price down by a considerable amount, thrown out guiding shite, feeling gnorrhea, maybe Undisclosed desires and in with MK Ultra, bliss, space dementia (i would love to see a gig with TaB and SD there both my top five songs :() Fury, ruled by secrecy,showbiz and got rid of the riff covers (but maybe would bring back the stockholm syndrome outros they did in 2004 they were far better than any Cover ones they do now IMO).

Which comes back to Matt just can't be bothered anymore.

TBH if they started to play a good mixture of good and old (would never happen :rolleyes:) i bet people would go like "dude what the fuck is this shit, its too whiny wheres feeling good not this strangled cat crap" from brats and toddlers would end up crying from families and their parents would complain or something on the lines like that.

What was everyone expecting? It's better than some of their recent Stadium gigs. At least they added B&H in, and I think this is one of the first times they've actually played a poll song at a stadium gig this year. Like I said, it isn't brilliant, but the complaining seems a little random - it's an improvement on the other stadium gigs. They at least deserve credit for that, even if there's a lot more they could do.

Archived