What was everyone expecting? It's better than some of their recent Stadium gigs. At least they added B&H in, and I think this is one of the first times they've actually played a poll song at a stadium gig this year. Like I said, it isn't brilliant, but the complaining seems a little random - it's an improvement on the other stadium gigs. They at least deserve credit for that, even if there's a lot more they could do.

It's sad that Muse have fallen so far that this is actually an improvement on their recent sets. No point complaining, this tour has been like this for a year now

Every song played on the stadium tour, with the exception of new songs, was played on the previous stadium tour.

Why, oh why, can't they bring back some DIFFERENT old songs? If they're prepared to play a couple of songs that a large proportion of their new audience are less accustomed to, why use the same ones year in, year out?

Would it really ruin a gig if instead of bringing back Butterflies & Hurricanes, they played Muscle Museum or Showbiz? Sunburn, Space Dementia or Ruled By Secrecy instead of Feeling Good? City Of Delusion or Fury instead of Citizen Erased? Uno, Hyper Music or The Small Print instead of Bliss? Falling Away With You, Falling Down or Darkshines instead of Unintended?

This is why I sold my ticket - I can't justify £55 for a load of songs I've seen before and more. The stadium gigs do look like good fun but I just feel they're, as usual, Muse making themselves look bigger and better than they actually are whilst delivering less than they have in the past :(.

Every song played on the stadium tour, with the exception of new songs, was played on the previous stadium tour.

Why, oh why, can't they bring back some DIFFERENT old songs? If they're prepared to play a couple of songs that a large proportion of their new audience are less accustomed to, why use the same ones year in, year out?

Would it really ruin a gig if instead of bringing back Butterflies & Hurricanes, they played Muscle Museum or Showbiz? Sunburn, Space Dementia or Ruled By Secrecy instead of Feeling Good? City Of Delusion or Fury instead of Citizen Erased? Uno, Hyper Music or The Small Print instead of Bliss? Falling Away With You, Falling Down or Darkshines instead of Unintended?

This is why I sold my ticket - I can't justify £55 for a load of songs I've seen before and more. The stadium gigs do look like good fun but I just feel they're, as usual, Muse making themselves look bigger and better than they actually are whilst delivering less than they have in the past :(.

Pretty much exactly how I feel. :yesey:

I still feel glad that I sold it. I can't see anything happening now to change my viewpoint.

They played Butterflies & Hurricanes along with Citizen Erased and Take A Bow, Id say thats a pretty good set of rare songs to add in to the already played songs this tour.

TaB has been played at every stadium gig, B&H was around all last tour but its nice to see it back, and they are only playing CE because they were pretty much forced to by the polls... We all accept TR songs will be played but its frustrating to see GL over MK Ultra isn't it? Bit better last night though!

I think it was a pretty great setlist for what they have been doing. If you are trying to expect more you should probably just quit while you are ahead, it's a bit pointless and most people know that already. They played Butterflies & Hurricanes along with Citizen Erased and Take A Bow, Id say thats a pretty good set of rare songs to add in to the already played songs this tour. Guiding Light is rotated, its a Resistance song, it will be played. Feeling Good is one of their most popular songs, it's going to be played. This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Most people nowadays are just nit picking everything, which is whatever I guess. Be glad you fuckers are getting B&H and Citizen Erased and the lot. America gets the basics.

I feel like I'm also going to get retorted with some "oh this is my opinion" nonsense. Deal with it, this is my opinion as well. That argument is double sided my friends.

CE, TaB and B&H aren't rare songs! They've been played hundreds of times! They were regulars throughout 06, 07 and 08!

It's gotten really, really bad if these are considered "rare" songs now days. What does that make previous regulars like Dead Star and City of Delusion and Assassin? Legendary? What does it make Muscle Museum and Hyper Music? Mythological.

Sad.

We shouldn't give credit to Muse for turning bad set lists into mediocre set lists (which Matt vocally resents doing). We should be hopeful they turn mediocre set lists into good set lists.

At Manchester, both B&H and feeling good got amazing crowd reactions, more so than any of those other older songs would i'm guessing. Admittedly where I was citizen erased didnt get an amazing reaction but Muse are just going by the polls. I think they are honestly trying to give the fans what they want, the fans being all of the thousands of people who go, not just the couple of hundred from the board. I do think that something like Muscle Museum would get a much larger reaction than they think but I can't realistically see them playing anything they think the average fan wont have heard. This hasn't been the best comment ever but Im feeling quite sleepy

The only reason they brought in B&H, CE and Take A Bow is because they are all songs that sound better in the confines of a Stadium. It's not like there AREN'T other Muse songs that sound good in stadiums.

Blackout hasn't been played since the last Wembley shows. Space Dementia would sound amazing in a Stadium. If they were willing to drag an Organ about with them, Megalomania would be a fantastic addition to the 'Stadium songs quota'. Sing For Absolution, The Small Print, Apocalypse Please, Micro Cuts, Invincible, Showbiz, Muscle Musuem, I'm sure there are tons more.

I don't get why Matt can't be bothered. It's not like we're a minority. Maybe there aren't 30-40,000 people at every gig chanting for Sunburn or Dead Star but there are enough of us to say 'shit, there's a lot of them. Maybe we SHOULD do something?' Bliss it is then?

-_-

I also find it quite ironic that so many people didn't enjoy Pulled Apart By Horses, given that as a live band they shit all over Muse nowadays.

They're good, their riffs are awesome, a lot better than studio. But better than Muse? Umm, not really. :indiff:

The only reason they brought in B&H, CE and Take A Bow is because they are all songs that sound better in the confines of a Stadium. It's not like there AREN'T other Muse songs that sound good in stadiums.

I really doubt it's this simple.

I don't get why Matt can't be bothered. It's not like we're a minority.

Unfortunately, we are.

QFT... Seriously, it looks like Muse are trying to move in with the "Modern" mainstream scene of constant rehasing and big emphasis on singles...

Ah well its time to move on i suppose.

Blackout hasn't been played since the last Wembley shows. Space Dementia would sound amazing in a Stadium. If they were willing to drag an Organ about with them, Megalomania would be a fantastic addition to the 'Stadium songs quota'. Sing For Absolution, The Small Print, Apocalypse Please, Micro Cuts, Invincible, Showbiz, Muscle Musuem, I'm sure there are tons more.

I don't get why Matt can't be bothered. It's not like we're a minority. Maybe there aren't 30-40,000 people at every gig chanting for Sunburn or Dead Star but there are enough of us to say 'shit, there's a lot of them. Maybe we SHOULD do something?' Bliss it is then?

-_-

We are a minority though. Muse cater for the radio fans. The board has 15000 active members and each gig has a capacity of 60000 or something. These people don't care about Muse's back catalogue, they want something familiar to sing along with, and Muse know that's what they'll pay for. Whether they also cater for us or not doesn't really mean anything to them it seems.

They're good, their riffs are awesome, a lot better than studio. But better than Muse? Umm, not really. :indiff:

See them in a smaller venue. They have far more electricity and excitement than Muse and they can actually do onstage banter, something Muse have never been able to do.

I find it such a strange concept to pay £40-50 to see a band and only know the songs off the radio, let alone to do that and then complain about not knowing stuff. But Muse seem to think thats what everyone at their gigs are like. Baffling.

I find it such a strange concept to pay £40-50 to see a band and only know the songs off the radio, let alone to do that and then complain about not knowing stuff. But Muse seem to think thats what everyone at their gigs are like. Baffling.

Well the Truth is stranger than fiction as the saying goes...

People actually do this though, strangely enough.

If they want to play just singles...where the hell is Dead Star, Hyper Music, Sunburn, Muscle Museum, etc in the rotation?

Casual fans are familiar with these tracks!

Because these are the better singles. Muse don't like playing their better songs anymore. :LOL:

Archived