One of the reasons I started love UD, cos it's one of the few songs where you can actually tell he's English. :LOL:

I love how reading comments and stuff it's kinda a big deal whenever you hear something that actually sounds English, like the "asking" in CE's verse.

Also, Showbiz <3

I appreciate the vocals in Showbiz, and how it is crafted with the build-up, but it's not a song I really listen to. It's still among the memorable half of the songs on Showbiz.

The most impressive part of Showbiz (the album) is that they were around 20 when it was recorded, which is something that is easy to forget. I mean Matt was already showing incredible songwriting chops with songs like Muscle Museum. If Musewiki is to be believed "the songs themselves included some of the older songs in Muse's repertoir, dating as far back as 1996. All songs on the album had been witten by 1997."

I appreciate the vocals in Showbiz, and how it is crafted with the build-up, but it's not a song I really listen to. It's still among the memorable half of the songs on Showbiz.

The most impressive part of Showbiz (the album) is that they were around 20 when it was recorded, which is something that is easy to forget. I mean Matt was already showing incredible songwriting chops with songs like Muscle Museum. If Musewiki is to be believed "the songs themselves included some of the older songs in Muse's repertoir, dating as far back as 1996. All songs on the album had been witten by 1997."

Well there are live performances of for example showbiz from 1997.

Guiding Light's a special case though, considering there's pretty no reason for them to carry on playing it live.

Exactly, on TR tour fair enough, but now? the fuck? It wasn't popular then, it's even less popular now, it isn't a single, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
You could apply that logic to every song you don't like. There could always be a "better" song.

Guiding Light was just bullshit on The Resistance tour because you either got Guiding Light or you got Citizen Erased. Now, there's no reason to be playing it.

Same goes for Feeling Good, I know it's a popular song but it's a fucking cover. They have over a hundred songs they haven't played in ages yet Feeling Good pops up somewhat regularly?

Feeling Good is the one song for some reason I don't feel guilty bitching about... It always felt completely out of place on OoS anyways, like a semi-lazy filler track, and I just don't get its popularity.

I mean, seriously, bringing it back last year for the stadium tours, and putting it on the movie release?

I know I'm being hyper sensitive, but sometimes that feels like a slap in the face for the fans hanging on hope for something like CE (not that I remember that being "rotated" with anything recently...) or DS, or any of over a dozen other hits.

I suppose there could be fans going home disappointed they didn't get to hear Feeling Good, but I kinda want to believe there isn't. :LOL:

I'm biased as hell against this one song for some reason. Maybe because it "isn't Muse" in my head.