Feeling Good is the one song for some reason I don't feel guilty bitching about... It always felt completely out of place on OoS anyways, like a semi-lazy filler track, and I just don't get its popularity.

I mean, seriously, bringing it back last year for the stadium tours, and putting it on the movie release?

I know I'm being hyper sensitive, but sometimes that feels like a slap in the face for the fans hanging on hope for something like CE (not that I remember that being "rotated" with anything recently...) or DS, or any of over a dozen other hits.

I suppose there could be fans going home disappointed they didn't get to hear Feeling Good, but I kinda want to believe there isn't. :LOL:

I'm biased as hell against this one song for some reason. Maybe because it "isn't Muse" in my head.

I do think though that given how tense the songs it's sandwiched between (and the ones before it) are, it's a nice little break from all the tension.

There are MUCH better songs that would fill that role, though.

At least in the US, I would think there can't be too many people upset with no FG.

Overseas, I guess I have no real reference on how popular it was, or still is.

It still baffles me being that ONE rather random song that keeps coming back over, and over and OVER when there are hits that are dropped that fans are clamoring over.

Not B-Sides, not oddball songs...

Pretty confident you'd be wrong.

Could be. No real way to tell, I suppose.

But it does seem rather odd as the album wasn't even initially released here, that that many people would latch onto that particular song later on.

Or with the fact that most Muse "casuals" can't name more than a handful of songs, that that might be one of them.

At least it's been getting more rare at US gigs, and I managed to dodge it twice in three gigs.

That's some consolation to me.

It's a popular song with or without Muse. You don't have to exactly be a Muse fan to find the song so it had more searchability compared to other Origin singles, not to mention it was already one of the more popular singles to begin with. Only this tour did it really start being absent, mainly showing up for the stadium tour but already in conjunction with a better piano song most of the time.

This is certainly an unpopular opinion by the looks of things here, but I certainly think that Follow Me is a brilliant live song - When the chorus kicks in, the bass is brilliant.

Guiding Light isn't too bad live either. The Resistance Tour version I saw was great because of the streamers at the start of the solo, but I think the fact that on the Unsustainable Tour they played it on the B-Stage made it seem more intimate.

Of course, there are better songs, and I have been very fortunate to have seen Citizen Erased, Bliss and Dead Star live, among a few others, and they are certainly superior songs in terms of song writing and in live performance in comparison to the likes of GL and FM.

But the hate that Follow Me and Guiding Light get (especially the former) I think is kind of unnecessary. They are good fun live, the both of them, and Follow Me really does get the crowd going.

The only issue there is really, in my eyes, is that there needs to be the rarer/heavier/hardcore fan pleasers in the Setlist, and since the end of the Resistance Tour, there has been more "Rare" songs in the Setlist.

Of course, this is my opinion, and if you don't particularly like the songs anyway, there isn't really anything I, or anybody, can say to change your mind - I just think they are better live than what people give them credit for :)

This is certainly an unpopular opinion by the looks of things here, but I certainly think that Follow Me is a brilliant live song - When the chorus kicks in, the bass is brilliant.

Guiding Light isn't too bad live either. The Resistance Tour version I saw was great because of the streamers at the start of the solo, but I think the fact that on the Unsustainable Tour they played it on the B-Stage made it seem more intimate.

Of course, there are better songs, and I have been very fortunate to have seen Citizen Erased, Bliss and Dead Star live, among a few others, and they are certainly superior songs in terms of song writing and in live performance in comparison to the likes of GL and FM.

But the hate that Follow Me and Guiding Light get (especially the former) I think is kind of unnecessary. They are good fun live, the both of them, and Follow Me really does get the crowd going.

The only issue there is really, in my eyes, is that there needs to be the rarer/heavier/hardcore fan pleasers in the Setlist, and since the end of the Resistance Tour, there has been more "Rare" songs in the Setlist.

Of course, this is my opinion, and if you don't particularly like the songs anyway, there isn't really anything I, or anybody, can say to change your mind - I just think they are better live than what people give them credit for :)

Admittedly when you hear GL live, the only thing you really can do is just overdramatically air drum to it and sing along. That's what me and the two Spanish guys I was next to did at the Barcelona gig, haha.

I love Follow Me live, really. It's such an energetic part of the show and hearing people clap along to the heartbeat was nothing short of chilling.

I'm not sure I would want GL as a "staple", but Follow Me would definitely be a good staple for me.

I do think though that given how tense the songs it's sandwiched between (and the ones before it) are' date=' it's a nice little break from all the tension.[/quote']

theres much better ways to relieve the tension, disappear off stage for a quick dump, or run around the stage with a super soaker/fire hose and dowse the crowd with water! or just play some crazy old school songs which don't require any lyrics.

Seriously tho, yes, gigs can be stressful, so why not take away all the strict choreography that has to take place which ought make the gigs more liberating and spontaneous aka fun.

theres much better ways to relieve the tension, disappear off stage for a quick dump, or run around the stage with a super soaker/fire hose and dowse the crowd with water! or just play some crazy old school songs which don't require any lyrics.

Seriously tho, yes, gigs can be stressful, so why not take away all the strict choreography that has to take place which ought make the gigs more liberating and spontaneous aka fun.

I'm referring to on the album.

FG came back post-Absolution (note to pedants; I know it appeared a couple of times at the start of that tour).

My inner cynic says when Muse signed to Warner, post-Absolution, Warner saw it as a single they could rehash in a way.

I can't explain why it would come back otherwise.

FG in itself isn't terrible. It's the way in which it's placed that makes it unbearable. For example this tour it was placed normally in the cheese cycle of hell of FG --> FM --> UD --> GL --> Madness. If it's in conjunction with a better piano song(s), then it isn't terrible.

Look at the BHAR tour when it went something like Hoodoo --> AP --> Sunburn --> FG. It's things like it's placement that helps it out a lot imo.

FG came back post-Absolution (note to pedants; I know it appeared a couple of times at the start of that tour).

My inner cynic says when Muse signed to Warner, post-Absolution, Warner saw it as a single they could rehash in a way.

I can't explain why it would come back otherwise.

Interesting point. I would like to know what are the favourites songs of the band and if they make the setlists for comercial reasons. It seems like Space Dementia, Fury, Invincible, Knights of Cydonia, Undesclosed Desires and Exogenesis are ranked high between them, but those songs, except KoC and UD are really rare.

FG in itself isn't terrible. It's the way in which it's placed that makes it unbearable. For example this tour it was placed normally in the cheese cycle of hell of FG --> FM --> UD --> GL --> Madness. If it's in conjunction with a better piano song(s), then it isn't terrible.

Look at the BHAR tour when it went something like Hoodoo --> AP --> Sunburn --> FG. It's things like it's placement that helps it out a lot imo.

It doesn't feel well placed on the album, either.

And if you're in the US, and only get one piano song, and that song is FG... :'(

I lucked out majorly this last tour.

It doesn't feel well placed on the album, either.

And if you're in the US, and only get one piano song, and that song is FG... :'(

I lucked out majorly this last tour.

Wasn't it played like... 5 times or something this tour outside the stadiums?

Out of like 60 North American dates 1/5 is not bad.

Unless that was the one you were at. :LOL:

That's my controversial opinion - I really dislike cover songs. For the most part. Unless a band does something really unique and really makes it THEIR song, it's just wasteful filler to me.

There were really 60 gigs?

God my area sucks ass...

Unless that was the one you were at. :LOL:

That's my controversial opinion - I really dislike cover songs. For the most part. Unless a band does something really unique and really makes it THEIR song, it's just wasteful filler to me.

There were really 60 gigs?

God my area sucks ass...

Of course it sucks if you saw it but that's irrelevant. Odds were lower especially since it was a near guaruntee last tour. Europe gets a few more gigs but North America/Europe are usually quite balanced and extensive. They don't play at everyone's doorstep of course. I don't feel like counting the actual numbers.