Yeah for me B&H was definitely better at Emirates 2 than Dead Star was at Emirates 1, and it sounded/looked amazing in the Aussie gigs with the golden/green visuals. I also think the studio version with the additional guitars easily beats Dead Star's, even with Matt's crazy breathing and screaming

Worst attempt at a controversial opinion ever.

I mean both of them are big fan favourites, and B&H probably even more so.

Dead Star seems to be way more wanked over than B&H, at least on here anyway. I've never seen a single "omg we got B&H at last nights gig!!" whereas that's the exact reaction whenever Dead Star shows up.

But if you really want controversial, then Fillip is better than everything on Showbiz except Showbiz itself.

Also Hyper Music is the second shittest song on OoS.

Dead Star seems to be way more wanked over than B&H, at least on here anyway. I've never seen a single "omg we got B&H at last nights gig!!" whereas that's the exact reaction whenever Dead Star shows up.

But if you really want controversial, then Fillip is better than everything on Showbiz except Showbiz itself.

Also Hyper Music is the second shittest song on OoS.

Just what

Yes because it's RARE. People went crazy over Yes Please but that doesn't mean anyone believes it's a better song than Hysteria or Plug In Baby. It's just something "fresh".

And no matter which one is wanked over more, they're both vastly popular, which is why it's a crappy "controversial opinion". It's like saying you like Plug In Baby or New Born more than the other.

Edited by Tjet

Dead Star is nu metal

Not it isn't. It just draws heavily on a few bands who get categorised as nu metal.

I think that's due to the rarity of DS plays. And besides, I'm pretty sure Bumpy came out with a "we got B&H last night :awesome:" a while back.

Not it isn't. It just draws heavily on a few bands who get categorised as nu metal.

Muse can't even write a proper nu metal song :noey: (Nu metal was from the day it was coined a wanky term, a genre created just to dismiss a complete genre of music. Can't remember of a single article where it was used as a positive way to describe music.)

I agree it's a fairly heavy alternative rock song. Somehow reminds me of a wikipedia article which states that nu metal songs (apparently) do not have solos. :chuckle:

Edited by Strangeseas

What even is numetal

Rap-metal, generally with drop-D riffs, turntables and a distinct absence of virtuosity, with guitar solos replaced by scratching (hence why Rage Against The Machine are rarely referred to as numetal). Clearest examples are Korn, Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit's early work. I guess Deftones' first two albums come under that categorisation as well. The likes of Sepultura, System of a Down and Slipknot have also been lumped in, though personally I disagree with that.

With a few exceptions- like Hybrid Theory and Around The Fur- it's generally agreed that it was a low point for heavy music. It also resulted in the likes of Metallica and Machine Head changing their sounds in order to stay fashionable, with rather embarrassing results.

With a few exceptions- like Hybrid Theory and Around The Fur- it's generally agreed that it was a low point for heavy music. It also resulted in the likes of Metallica and Machine Head changing their sounds in order to stay fashionable, with rather embarrassing results.

Hybrid Theory is a bit shit though.