I went through a Limp Bizkit phase during nu metal's/the band's hey day. Went to see them at a festival too and then was crushed when I learned Fred Durst was fat.

...wait, this isn't the embarrasing confessions thread?

Used to think Limp Bizkit were the definitive low point of numetal. Then someone got Crazy Town played at my student union :vomit:

Like once a year or so Paul Oakenfold ft. Crazytown's Starry eyed surprise gets stuck in my head for no reason at all and I have to go listen to it on Youtube :LOL: The singing/rapping whatever is so shitty but the tune is so catchy almost in a children's ditty type of way.

Yeah, Crazy Town were bottom of the barrel but in hindsight, it's not like the genre as a whole had a lot to offer. Crazy how popular nu metal was for a couple of years only to fizzle out so quickly- for a moment Limp Bizkit were the biggest current rock band in the world. I still have Linkin Park's Pushing me away though on my mp3 player- the chorus is so goddamn catchy.

Like once a year or so Paul Oakenfold ft. Crazytown's Starry eyed surprise gets stuck in my head for no reason at all and I have to go listen to it on Youtube :LOL: The singing/rapping whatever is so shitty but the tune is so catchy almost in a children's ditty type of way.

Yeah, Crazy Town were bottom of the barrel but in hindsight, it's not like the genre as a whole had a lot to offer. Crazy how popular nu metal was for a couple of years only to fizzle out so quickly- for a moment Limp Bizkit were the biggest current rock band in the world. I still have Linkin Park's Pushing me away though on my mp3 player- the chorus is so goddamn catchy.

I'll still stand up for LP and love Deftones, but as a whole the genre was remarkable when you consider the variety and virtuosity of its influences (FNM, RatM, Primus, ectr) and the sheer dullness of the result.

I have respect for LP for their career longevity although I can't say I like their music. I guess nu metal did ruin things big time because the rap+hard rock combo these days sounds ridicululous just for existing- weird since I happen to love FNM and don't have an issue with them doing it.

I remember liking White Pony, Passenger in particular but haven't listened to the album in...10 years? I should dig it up.

Honestly, always liked the idea of RATM and what they stood up for more than RATM as a band (really like some individual tracks though) so I didn't think of them when writing that. But yeah, I don't mind them doing it either.

Well, re:RATM's message, I can't pretend I want a radical left wing revolution, I like my comfy Western consumerist lifestyle just fine, more like the fact that they stand up for social equality, actually try to encourage change, get people to think.

Well, re:RATM's message, I can't pretend I want a radical left wing revolution, I like my comfy Western consumerist lifestyle just fine, more like the fact that they stand up for social equality, actually try to encourage change, get people to think.

Do they actually though? Aside from singing about injustice etc. Do they ever go out on the streets and make a real difference?

Do they actually though? Aside from singing about injustice etc. Do they ever go out on the streets and make a real difference?

It was quite a long time ago now, but when I met Morello, he was working with an organization that was talking with minority youth about dealing with authority.

I took some information from the team, but never really looked into the cause at the time, unfortunately.

(I was working as well, and had wandered away from where I was stationed.)

But yeah, he at least did some foot work that I know of.

It was quite a long time ago now, but when I met Morello, he was working with an organization that was talking with minority youth about dealing with authority.

I took some information from the team, but never really looked into the cause at the time, unfortunately.

(I was working as well, and had wandered away from where I was stationed.)

But yeah, he at least did some foot work that I know of.

Surely a bit hypocritical when a lot of the lyrics deal with the rejection of authority? Blah, it's a topic for another thread anyway.

From what I read in the pamphlet (I really wonder if I still have it...) it was geared towards young minorities when they were dealing with discriminatory stops by police, etc.

Basically telling them to go along with it without getting themselves in trouble over nothing, and some information on what information you have to give police, and how to cover up what you don't. (Like, they can't ask you to open your glove box, etc.)

Seemed kinda helpful, actually.