Hello everyone! For Christmas... I got a Boss ME-50 multi-effects pedal. I thought it would be perfect for all my whammy needs.. but the octave up it has sounds abit.. synthetic? Like what I'd imagine a synthesizer to sound like. Sure, it's an octave up, but you loose how your guitar initially sounded.

Would I get the same thing with the Whammy? I've tried one out in a shop and loved it, but can't remember if this was just due to the wow factor.

So, would you recommend I buy the Whammy? I play alot of Muse, Rage Against The Machine, Radiohead and White Stripes.

Cheers!

ok gonna throw this one out there:

looking for a (preferably 1u) rack space unit to act as guitar FX processor and preamp.. basically right now i'm looking at the pod x3 pro. does anyone know of any other good ones? MUST have midi patch changing.

theres the tc electronics G force unit, though that apparently doesnt have any preamp models which is a shame. fx im looking for are delay, chorus, flanger, compression, volume pedal and possibly harmoniser.

im not so keen on spending much more than £400 on this, as i need to get hold of a power amplifier too. really wanted to get a sansamp psa1.1 but no fx there ;/

ok gonna throw this one out there:

looking for a (preferably 1u) rack space unit to act as guitar FX processor and preamp.. basically right now i'm looking at the pod x3 pro. does anyone know of any other good ones? MUST have midi patch changing.

theres the tc electronics G force unit, though that apparently doesnt have any preamp models which is a shame. fx im looking for are delay, chorus, flanger, compression, volume pedal and possibly harmoniser.

im not so keen on spending much more than £400 on this, as i need to get hold of a power amplifier too. really wanted to get a sansamp psa1.1 but no fx there ;/

what was that thing impulse 101 was raving about? "axefx" or summat? maybe have a look at that

also, theres that boss GT whatever rack unit. not heard anything about it though

Hello everyone! For Christmas... I got a Boss ME-50 multi-effects pedal. I thought it would be perfect for all my whammy needs.. but the octave up it has sounds abit.. synthetic? Like what I'd imagine a synthesizer to sound like. Sure, it's an octave up, but you loose how your guitar initially sounded.

Would I get the same thing with the Whammy? I've tried one out in a shop and loved it, but can't remember if this was just due to the wow factor.

So, would you recommend I buy the Whammy? I play alot of Muse, Rage Against The Machine, Radiohead and White Stripes.

Cheers!

a whammy is as artificial sounding as anything. unfortunately, youre not gonna get an even vaguely realistic-sounding pitchshifter without shelling out some serious cash

what was that thing impulse 101 was raving about? "axefx" or summat? maybe have a look at that

also, theres that boss GT whatever rack unit. not heard anything about it though

Fractal audio Axe Fx is over £2,000 though! Amazing 2U Racks though and really worth the cash. :happy:

The Boss GT is a wank preamp/effects over all though. They've never been good at preamps imo.

hahah pretty much :p i dont mind the shittiness of a whammy though (or the shifter on my zoom). i cant think of any pitchshifter applications id need where if i wanted pure tone i couldnt just play up the octave..

I've actually found I quite like the sound of my EX-7's whammy octave up. The tracking isn't great, but it takes on a tone almost like a ring mod or something.

I've actually found I quite like the sound of my EX-7's whammy octave up. The tracking isn't great, but it takes on a tone almost like a ring mod or something.

Quoted again for MOAR truth.

I love teh glitchiness you get with whammy's when playing chords :happy: + delay it is teh sex.

Can anyone recommend me a reasonably priced (<£400) rack mounted amp, I'm pretty new when it comes to racks so I'm guessing I need a preamp? which I can then run into a cab. I was looking at the Marshall JMP-1 but hardly anywhere sell them in the UK, if I did get one could I just run it into a cab or do I need something else?

I'm trying to get a mostly rack setup as I'm trying to cut down on space.

Thanks

Can anyone recommend me a reasonably priced (<£400) rack mounted amp, I'm pretty new when it comes to racks so I'm guessing I need a preamp? which I can then run into a cab. I was looking at the Marshall JMP-1 but hardly anywhere sell them in the UK, if I did get one could I just run it into a cab or do I need something else?

I'm trying to get a mostly rack setup as I'm trying to cut down on space.

Thanks

jmp 1, thats what i have

and you'll need a power amp - the samson servos are nice and clean sounding, so for the money, they're a good shout :)

as for JMP-1 , ebay! or look at engl's rackmount, i forget what model number it is, 350, 355 or something?

jmp 1, thats what i have

and you'll need a power amp - the samson servos are nice and clean sounding, so for the money, they're a good shout :)

as for JMP-1 , ebay! or look at engl's rackmount, i forget what model number it is, 350, 355 or something?

Thanks, I'll look into those things.

Archived