HEY YOU!

What's your band's name? Got much going on arooond Cardiff?

YO,

had a gig last night in Abertillery, doing a radio show recording for GTFM (never heard of it) next week, then the week after we have a gig in Ebbw Vale, boxing day we're in Tredegar, and January we're in London. So, no, nothing in Cardiff yet :( Barfly said they'll try and get us in for January.

http://www.myspace.com/longkniveswales :happy:

Just get some £2 ear plugs from Boots. They do fine.

And looking like a pansy who can't stomach the noise > being deaf.

I wear ear plugs to almost every gig I go to.

Do you mean the squidgey ones? I find they basically do nothing apart from fall out of your ear compared to proper in ear ones. I also wear them at gigs, sounds a hell of a lot better

I'm going to get some molded to my ear when I have enough money.

Just get some £2 ear plugs from Boots. They do fine.

And looking like a pansy who can't stomach the noise > being deaf.

I wear ear plugs to almost every gig I go to.

Ive used cheap ones before to no avail. I'm already half deaf from playing the drums for years, so would rather invest in decent ones and save me hearing

im thinking about either getting a.

fender telecaster, most likely in arctic white.

or

a godin of some kind, most likely a godin exit22

i havent looked much at telecasters, as theres so many to choose from i dont know where to start, but can someone give me the lowdown on telecasters?

i'll probably have around..£400? tops

cheeers lads

Meh the Godin has a really nice shape and it (apparently) plays really well, but I hate the natural mahogany finish you have to have with the Exit22. Offer one to me in black, and I'd be all over it. Problem is, if you want to get one with a different finish you have to go for a better model, and that adds a fair amount to the price. :(

The Godin xtSA is probably worth the extra £400, cos it is HAWT.

Meh the Godin has a really nice shape and it (apparently) plays really well, but I hate the natural mahogany finish you have to have with the Exit22. Offer one to me in black, and I'd be all over it. Problem is, if you want to get one with a different finish you have to go for a better model, and that adds a fair amount to the price. :(

The Godin xtSA is probably worth the extra £400, cos it is HAWT.

ahh, thats what i was thinking.

i dont like the natural finish.

the godin triumph has like an electricy blue finish to it, and its glittery though, wihch is a bit gay, but i think its alright, the only problem is is that the pickups are front mounted...

the Exit22 is around £300 i do believe. OH THE DECISIONS..

Go for a Telecaster. They're quite simplistic but are real workhorses, you'll love yours quite soon after you purchase it. Depends what you want from it! :)

Don't know much about the Godins, but I got myself a made in Mexico Telecaster last month, and love it to bits. Instrument and a half.

flogging the sparkley one are ya?

Decided to keep it. The bigsby is what was driving me insane...I found out they can be easily swapped with a trapeze tailpiece without any extra drilling.

Also, I've been reading about pinning the bridge...I never got this one pinned, so I reckon I'll just get some double sided tape to prevent destroying anything.

Decided to keep it. The bigsby is what was driving me insane...I found out they can be easily swapped with a trapeze tailpiece without any extra drilling.

Also, I've been reading about pinning the bridge...I never got this one pinned, so I reckon I'll just get some double sided tape to prevent destroying anything.

Did I tell you how i pinned mine? It was really easy and you can't tell. The pins only go in a couple of millimetres.

Archived