Guest bshuker
anyone have experience with the sennheiser e609 mic?

yeah, it is very nice for guitar, although I would say it's got a different voicing to the 57s, haven't used one for quite a long time now (over a year) but they are definitely something different.

Guest Fluffy the Conqueror
not sure, but my shure scl2's have got buggered up leads now so they need replacing (damn and blast!) how are those m-audio ones?

The IE-30 sounds EXACTLY like the Shure E5 to me. I'm quite pleased with the sound, really - I've just been through so many pairs that I'm ready to make the investment in a serious pro set. Anyway, both are dual driver, and both are uncomfortable to me - but I never had the right molds. But to date, the IE-30s have been my favourite. I've heard great things about the IE-40s also, but again you can't get custom molds :erm: still, they're triple driver and are supposed to sound fantastic.

Hell, the reviews on the IE-30s said they sounded too good, and that you shouldn't buy them if you're gonna listen to poor quality stuff because "they make the quantization noise glow like radioactive waste." For the price, they're eeeeexcellent. I'm totally content with them other than the fact that they like to push themselves out of my ears, and they stick out a good half inch outside my outer ear. Feels awakward and kind of unsafe.

im changing from my shure scl2's because the wire is starting to get cracks in it and break.. i take it that the wire on the m-audio 30's is nice and flexable and it wont crack?

ummm.... I don't see it cracking on you. It's a good quality cable with wire loop supports like the E5 has. Plus, the cable's replaceable for like $20 if it goes bad.

Does anyone have experience with getting molds for shure e5's? I found a place in town that will do it for $100 but it seems like a risky business move if I don't like it. Otherwise I'll just save up for some Westone es 2's.

oh good ok :) the cables on the scl2 are breaking and its pissing me off! cheers

I'd say it's a worthy upgrade :)

Does anyone have experience with getting molds for shure e5's? I found a place in town that will do it for $100 but it seems like a risky business move if I don't like it. Otherwise I'll just save up for some Westone es 2's.

I only had the unmolded E5s... I sold them very quickly cause they fit so bad. The sound was great though, so if you get molds, I'm sure they'd be fantastic... esp. for the price.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bshuker

Right, so I wanna get a stereo rack poweramp

however I only will be using a single 1x12 cab for the time being, and the amp i'm looking at doesn't allow you to use either side seperately

So I need something like a Weber Mass or Palmer DI rack (with the load feature) or a THD Hotplate type device

but here's the kicker

I don't really want to spend much money, maybe upto £50 to do this.

IDEAS

gogogogogogogogogoo

Archived