John 5 anyone?

I think John 5 is a good guitarists, but I like the look of his 3 signature guitas so much. Especially the hot rail tele with the bigsby. Semi tempted by the deluxe three too.

I have a black tele and I've just bought mirrored acrylic to make into a new pickguard. If anyone is interested I'll post pics when its done in a couple of weeks

I think John 5 is a good guitarists, but I like the look of his 3 signature guitas so much. Especially the hot rail tele with the bigsby. Semi tempted by the deluxe three too.

I have a black tele and I've just bought mirrored acrylic to make into a new pickguard. If anyone is interested I'll post pics when its done in a couple of weeks

Was it significantly cheaper than buying one pre-made?

Hey guys.

I was thinking of getting the Vox Satchurator because of the variety of overdrive colours I could get out of it and the 'more' switch. And, I'm also a MASSIVE Satch fan. :$

I was wondering if it has enough gain for metal stuff such as Metallica, as I play mostly hard rock and metal.

Could someone with a Satchurator shed some light on this please?

Hey guys.

I was thinking of getting the Vox Satchurator because of the variety of overdrive colours I could get out of it and the 'more' switch. And, I'm also a MASSIVE Satch fan. :$

I was wondering if it has enough gain for metal stuff such as Metallica, as I play mostly hard rock and metal.

Could someone with a Satchurator shed some light on this please?

Does it have enough gain? :LOL:

Yes. The blurb says it's a distortion not an overdrive pedal though, but I'm not too sure, some of the sounds are like an OD tube amp, you can get a lot of really good bluesy sounds out of it. But you can also get all your ultra high gain metal leads.

The more switch really is fantastic too.

It's really good for that "Surfing with the Alien" kind of sound I think.

Does it have enough gain? :LOL:

Yes. The blurb says it's a distortion not an overdrive pedal though, but I'm not too sure, some of the sounds are like an OD tube amp, you can get a lot of really good bluesy sounds out of it. But you can also get all your ultra high gain metal leads.

The more switch really is fantastic too.

It's really good for that "Surfing with the Alien" kind of sound I think.

Ah, Surfing with the Alien. :happy:.

I'm definitely getting it then. Thank you!

I want to get a tremolo pedal, but am not really sure what to get.

Price range is around £50-100, should just really be a solid tremolo sound with speed & depth, changeable wave type would be a bonus too. Also more of a thinner (more MXR style in comparison to a DL4 if you get me) enclosure too, need it to be for my future pedalboard.

Cheers.

Price range is around £50-100, should just really be a solid tremolo sound with speed & depth, changeable wave type would be a bonus too. Also more of a thinner (more MXR style in comparison to a DL4 if you get me) enclosure too, need it to be for my future pedalboard.

Cheers.

Buy my semaphore :p

Cheers.

crossfire tremolo

dont know where you'll find it but it was $50 australian and i liked it better than the $300 guyatone

Fender Blender is OTT Fuzz, Fuzz + octaves I think it is. I made a page recently with a load of fuzz links in, maybe the hyper fuzz is on one of the sites.

Nah that's not chaotic enough. Oh la la soda meister is totally mental. Even has a chaos control.

I play in my school big band, and I was thinking I really need a guitar with single coils to kinda go with the feel (I currently use a Godin Freeway Floyd, more of a metal guitar), and I was wondering if anyone on the board had any recommendations about what guitar I should get?

I play in my school big band, and I was thinking I really need a guitar with single coils to kinda go with the feel (I currently use a Godin Freeway Floyd, more of a metal guitar), and I was wondering if anyone on the board had any recommendations about what guitar I should get?

you could do a lot worse than a strat!

Strat would be cool for it, i've seen alot of 335s played by big band guitarists. James muller (a top notch insane jazz guitarist) plays an old ibanez 335. I use a gretsch anniversary which covers alot of ground. Maybe something like an epiphone 335 or gretsch electromatic 5120 for a hollowbody, if not a strat will cut it easy.

Hey. I've read about half of all the posts (I'm THAT bored) cause I am trying to decide which pedal should I get, which would be my first one. I made a list of the ones you suggested but could anyone tell me which should I get out of these and why?

Zoom Multi FX

Big Muff

Digitech Whammy

Boss DS-1 Distortion

Boss DD-3 Digital Delay

Boss TU-2

Any other suggestions would be appreciated :)

Archived