Hey. I've read about half of all the posts (I'm THAT bored) cause I am trying to decide which pedal should I get, which would be my first one. I made a list of the ones you suggested but could anyone tell me which should I get out of these and why?

Zoom Multi FX

Big Muff

Digitech Whammy

Boss DS-1 Distortion

Boss DD-3 Digital Delay

Boss TU-2

Any other suggestions would be appreciated :)

i'd sell you a Boss me50 multi effects, has a tuner, delays, overdrives,modulations,expression pedal which has whammy,volume and wah functions. So that ticks pretty much all of those effects off the list

Whats your budget?

That's quite a wide range of different sounds you're after then. Perhaps you would be best off with a Multi FX pedal at this stage.

Depending on budget you could get:

Any of these would be a good choice.

All those are multi effects. Do you think getting one of those would be better even if this is the first pedal I'll ever get? Maybe it's a better idea, just asking.

k guiz

bassist from my old band gave me some sort of older squier bass. 90's i think, plays quite good.

BUT

I'm not going to fuck up guitar speakers/amps, so what's a good bass amp? I know absolutely nothing about bass amps. just that the guy who gave me this used an ampeg SVT. damn.

I could use my OR120 for bass, but that would still mean i'd have to get a cab with moderate power handling. I'm thinking I should get some sort of combo. doesn't have to be anything fancy. any recommendations?

Drum Buddy.

Best instrument/gear ever invented

Demo

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=PCgfFmNaJcg

Good concept, but they seriously need a lesson in FM synthesis (for the "drum" sounds), and I don't think varying the voltage to a light bulb is gonna be very healthy for the light bulb. As in, it's likely to blow in the middle of a set! Much better to use some kind of superbright LED or attach a sensitivity control to each of the LDRs to adjust the total resistance they're adding...that would save alot on light bulb costs, and generally be easier to maintain, not to mention being more customisable :p

Anyway for recommendations - I need protools 8...what's the cheapest/best way to get it? Not the mbox micro, cos that's a rip off! I'm trying to decide between mbox2 mini, an old mbox on ebay, or an old M-audio system (something like the ozone/ozonic would be ideal). The problem with getting an m-audio interface is obviously that I have to buy M-powered seperately...:( Atm, I don't care what the interface is, but I would love an interface/keyboard combined.

Suggestions for cheap 3+ octave midi keyboards too? Nothing real fancy, just an input device?

Cheers

All those are multi effects. Do you think getting one of those would be better even if this is the first pedal I'll ever get? Maybe it's a better idea, just asking.

A multi effects would probably be a good idea for your first pedal. It will be versatile and let you discover what different effects sound like.

Multi-fx is good for a first. Make sure it's decent so you can get some sort of idea of what pedals you may want to get later on. I have the Digitech GNX4 http://www.digitech.com/products/GNX4/ which is great but I wish I had bought this http://www.digitech.com/products/multi-effects/gsp1101.php as there is no need for Amp models unless you run the pedal straight to a power amp.

hi, im looking to buy a DigiTech XBW bass pedal, its an envelope filter autosynth thing, but are there any better or cheaper ones out there in the market? and is the DigiTech XBW good/bad? any other comments welcome, thanks

Pick one thread to post a thing in. This deja vu is getting ridiculous.

Guest Fluffy the Conqueror

I'm getting ready to get a nice wireless IEM rig. Right now I've got a shure PSM200 and m-audio IE-30s. I'm wanting to replace the transmitter with a PSM700 or a sennheiser EW 300. Anybody have experience with either of these units or have any wisdom on the subject? I'm not really a huge fan of Shure, and their PSM700 costs more than two EW 300s, soooo... I'm leaning towards the Sennheiser until someone gives me a good reason to go Shure.

Also I'm finally going to be getting custom molds. After much thought, I think I'm going with the Ultimate Ears Ue-11 - unless someone wants to give me good reason to go Westone. The other top models of IEMs are dual and triple driver, and the Ultimate Ears not only seem to get the most pro users, they've got four drivers packed into those lil bitches. Holy crap. So, I realize there's probably not a huge IEM using community here, but I thought I'd throw this out there anyway and see if anyone has any wisdom on the subject...

Many thanks.

I'm getting ready to get a nice wireless IEM rig. Right now I've got a shure PSM200 and m-audio IE-30s. I'm wanting to replace the transmitter with a PSM700 or a sennheiser EW 300. Anybody have experience with either of these units or have any wisdom on the subject? I'm not really a huge fan of Shure, and their PSM700 costs more than two EW 300s, soooo... I'm leaning towards the Sennheiser until someone gives me a good reason to go Shure.

Also I'm finally going to be getting custom molds. After much thought, I think I'm going with the Ultimate Ears Ue-11 - unless someone wants to give me good reason to go Westone. The other top models of IEMs are dual and triple driver, and the Ultimate Ears not only seem to get the most pro users, they've got four drivers packed into those lil bitches. Holy crap. So, I realize there's probably not a huge IEM using community here, but I thought I'd throw this out there anyway and see if anyone has any wisdom on the subject...

Many thanks.

not sure, but my shure scl2's have got buggered up leads now so they need replacing (damn and blast!) how are those m-audio ones?

Need a delay pedal recommendation (managed to get myself a cheap Marshall Vibratrem for tremolo) for a tiny pedalboard project I'm doing.

Price should be at most £60-ish.

Options I know at the moment I have are the Marshall Echohead, Behringer's various efforts, or used Boss DD delays.

Want to have a few different types of delays at my disposal, like digital, tape echo & analog and maybe one or two other gimmicky ones. Just want some various delays, but not too many!

Thanksssss.

Need a delay pedal recommendation (managed to get myself a cheap Marshall Vibratrem for tremolo) for a tiny pedalboard project I'm doing.

Options I know at the moment I have are the Marshall Echohead, Behringer's various efforts, or used Boss DD delays.

Want to have a few different types of delays at my disposal, like digital, tape echo & analog and maybe one or two other gimmicky ones. Just want some various delays, but not too many!

Thanksssss.

DD-3/6 if you can get one second hand.

Why would you say that, Sam? :) Was thinking that though actually, I've never had a Boss delay before.

DD-3 is awesome, really do sound great, and the price is so good! :D On the tape echo/analogue side of things you're going to be VERY hard pushed to get those for £60. At least in a working order. Have you thought about the Boss RE-20 for the more tapish sounds? It's a bit over your budget but they do a very good job of emulating their bigger brothers. :)

Thanksssss.

I'd go Boss over the other ones you mentioned.

DD-3 is awesome, really do sound great, and the price is so good! :D On the tape echo/analogue side of things you're going to be VERY hard pushed to get those for £60. At least in a working order. Have you thought about the Boss RE-20 for the more tapish sounds? It's a bit over your budget but they do a very good job of emulating their bigger brothers. :)

Ah, I'd love an RE-20...:)

I had been thinking that I would get one of those instead, and I even went to try one out. Also I am looking to get quite a lo-fi but warm sound...

Hmmmm...I'll see what I could do. Would you recommend waiting to get one eventually, or leave it and settle with a DD?

Choices, choices!

Ah, I'd love an RE-20...:)

I had been thinking that I would get one of those instead, and I even went to try one out. Also I am looking to get quite a lo-fi but warm sound...

Hmmmm...I'll see what I could do. Would you recommend waiting to get one eventually, or leave it and settle with a DD?

Choices, choices!

Depends how soon you want delay really, but the RE-20 is worth the cash. If you can't wait go for the Boss DD series. :happy: Or if you want really warm lo fi sounds save an extra £200/300 and get a RE-201/301! :D

Archived