why are they touring the USA so much?

What about South America and what about EUROPE?!

because our country is huge, and travel is expensive. Plus we hardly ever get them! let them be generous to us and then they can semi-ignore us for a couple years again:LOL:

by semi-ignore i mean not just play the big hotspot cities such as NYC, LA or Vegas

because our country is huge, and travel is expensive. Plus we hardly ever get them! let them be generous to us and then they can semi-ignore us for a couple years again:LOL:

by semi-ignore i mean not just play the big hotspot cities such as NYC, LA or Vegas

Yeah, it's not like they're gonna be playing the same states most likely. They were in UK/Europe in Fall '09 and they're going back again in a few months! After this supposed fall tour, I think it's safe to say they won't be back to the states until after another album is released and that could be years. However, there will probably be several opportunities for people in the UK to see them before that.

But I do agree they should do So. America. They said if not summer 2010, then definitely 2011. So at least it will happen sometime.

What about Europe? They are doing over 3 months of festivals and stadium tours in Europe[/QU

No one cares about festivals :p

I meant proper gigs!

Yeah it's good that they did this US tour but to do another one a few months later is quite stupid.

The UK(their home :p ) has hardly had any dates!

Hopefully a full on UK tour in the winter :D

I meant proper gigs!

Yeah it's good that they did this US tour but to do another one a few months later is quite stupid.

You might not care about festivals but other people are happy with them.

They did the European Resistance Tour last year and this year it is the stadium tours... tbh UK and Europe has a lot more chances to see them live than the US so it's only fair that they spend some time over there.

So it's a case of either you see them in Wembley or Manchester or you don't: choice is yours.

You might not care about festivals but other people are happy with them.

They did the European Resistance Tour last year and this year it is the stadium tours... tbh UK and Europe has a lot more chances to see them live than the US so it's only fair that they spend some time over there.

So it's a case of either you see them in Wembley or Manchester or you don't: choice is yours.

Already seeing them at Wembley :p

Just for other people who can't travel far is a bit unfair.

The thing I find a bit weird is that they have a huge USA tour and then instead of touring other places around the world they go straight back to the USA!

Recent shows:

2008:

Europe/UK: 5

Central/South America: 10

Africa/ME: 3

2009:

Europe/UK: 35

USA: 14 (incl. U2 support, mini-West coast radio show gigs, MTV award show)

Europe/UK: 21

USA: 21 (there are 50 states remember)

Canada: 5

Asia/Australasia: 13

Central America: 1

So:

Europe/UK: 61

USA/Canada: 40 (if we count 10 song radio show and support sets as gigs)

Muse have always done short multiple bursts of dates in America - it's simply too much ground to cover all at once unless they want to take 3-4 months to do it. I strongly doubt they'll be doing the same areas in the fall as they're doing right now. Minnesota, Ohio, Florida, the Carolinas, Oklahoma, Kansas/Missouri, Indiana are all places right off the top of my head that were skipped over. And Southern California, minus Coachella.

The thing I find a bit weird is that they have a huge USA tour and then instead of touring other places around the world they go straight back to the USA!

Because they don't do that many shows here. We on't see them outside of NYC, LA, or Vegas again for AT LEAST 2 years. We don't get another gig every 4-6 months.

Well, to be fair, this country is about 40 times bigger than the UK, so really, the number of shows on this leg of the tour are not that many. And they've been so spread out that most people have had to travel long distances.

When the first shows were announced, they had clearly left off a lot of places that they normally tour (Ohio, MN, NC), so if they go back and add those places, it makes sense. Not that I'm saying those places are being added, but they certainly should be.

Wherever they play there will always be people who will have to travel, might be unfair but it is a fact (in the UK or anywhere else really)

They are going back to the US because they want to go back to SoCal as they cannot play there right now because of contractual obligations with Coachella so it makes sense to visit other states they haven't visited during this leg to make the most of it and after that they are touring Australia as they haven't had a proper tour yet.

Who knows where they will tour in 2011.

:yesey:

I would really like it if there were a couple of extra dates in New England. Boston, CT, Providence....I'd go to all of those :D

+1 :dance:

Oh boy, if they came back to Boston and hopefully CT, I see a roadtrip in my future :D I wanna try to go to more than one gig this time if they're all close together like that. Must... see... dates... Before I asplode...

What about Europe? They are doing over 3 months of festivals and stadium tours in Europe[/QU

I meant proper gigs!

well i mean once again to put this in perspective..

UK is said to be about the size of USA state Virginia..i drive the top to bottom length of the state about once every few months. using this interstates it takes about 4 hours maybe. So where it can take you guys at the most 4 hours to go to the farthest gig. the closest gig to me for this show was Baltimore. I live in pittsburgh, and it was about a 4 hour drive. So i mean only for those who really have the time can see them multiple times..and travel is expensive

well i mean once again to put this in perspective..

UK is said to be about the size of USA state Virginia..i drive the top to bottom length of the state about once every few months. using this interstates it takes about 4 hours maybe. So where it can take you guys at the most 4 hours to go to the farthest gig. the closest gig to me for this show was Baltimore. I live in pittsburgh, and it was about a 4 hour drive. So i mean only for those who really have the time can see them multiple times..and travel is expensive

I get your point the UK is smaller than the US but it is not that small. It takes more than 4 hours to drive from one end to the other :LOL:

I'm willing to go to more than one gig, if I could just go to two more I'd be happy, because I've already been on Matt's side, it'd be nice to see it from Dom's side and then Chris' side as well. :awesome:

I really hope they have some close ones though...

I get your point the UK is smaller than the US but it is not that small. It takes more than 4 hours to drive from one end to the other :LOL:

Right because we can catch the train and that takes 4-1/2 hours from London to Glasgow. I bet you that everyone in the UK has been/will be within 3 hours of a Muse gig from 2008 thru 2010.

Right because we can catch the train and that takes 4-1/2 hours from London to Glasgow. I bet you that everyone in the UK has been/will be within 3 hours of a Muse gig from 2008 thru 2010.

Wow relax! I never said that it was as difficult to travel to a gig in the UK as the US, I actually mentioned that I got/understood their point. I just pointed out to them that from one end of the UK to the other it takes a bit more than 4 hour drive as that person mentioned.

Jeez...

Wow relax! I never said that it was as difficult to travel to a gig in the UK as the US, I actually mentioned that I got/understood their point. I just pointed out to them that from one end of the UK to the other it takes a bit more than 4 hour drive as that person mentioned.

Jeez...

Actually, that person said "So where it can take you guys at the most 4 hours to go to the farthest gig." They never said it took 4 hours to go from Land's End to John O'Groats

Archived