I want...small pub tour with Muse.mu presales featuring only Showbiz/OoS/Absolution songs (+ MotP and KoC) :) pwitty pwease?

hahaha!! put me on the list..

radiohead did this basically in 2006 with the Theater Tour (testing out the new music/ In Rainbows), I saw them at the Tower Theater in Philly, that is a small ass place with amazing acoustics!

I want...small pub tour with Muse.mu presales featuring only Showbiz/OoS/Absolution songs (+ MotP and KoC) :) pwitty pwease?

and while they're at it if they could please give me $1mil I'd really appreciate it :yesey:

:chuckle:

I'm thinking when they come back in the fall they'll hit the places they missed this time around like FL and possibly St Louis because I could swear they told an interviwer they were coming there, along with maybe other southern/mid-western states they skipped (NOLA? MN? OH?) and then they'll do LA so they can do a proper non-festival show there.

But either way, this will most likely be a continuation of the Resistance tour and as such will be the tower stage and the setlist we all know and love ;)

I'm hoping for a variation of the setlist. Do you think they will since this will be a second US tour this year?

I personally am not expecting it. If there are any changes i'd think they would be slight, because as I understand it these new dates won't be a new tour so much as a continuation of the current one (going to places they haven't been yet) So in the same way as they changed little when they went from Europe to the US, I don't think they'll change when they come back here. I really think the setlist is tied to the tower stage and as long as we have that stage we'll get the songs printed in the program ;)

Since they'll have done festivals and stadium shows by then, and I figure those will have a different setlist, maybe they'll try to throw in a wildcard. But the thing is, since they don't seem to think they can play more than 18 songs a night, what song would they throw out of the current setlist to replace with something new? Feeling Good is about the only one I can think of that could go, but again, what would they replace it with? Remember, we Americans don't know songs from Showbiz, so not Sunburn or Cave. Ruled by Secrecy or Space Dementia possibly if they do those in europe? Are we allowed to know those ones? :unsure:

Sorry... am I being too pessimistic? :LOL: teh dux has lost all hope!

and while they're at it if they could please give me $1mil I'd really appreciate it :yesey:

:chuckle:

I'm thinking when they come back in the fall they'll hit the places they missed this time around like FL and possibly St Louis because I could swear they told an interviwer they were coming there, along with maybe other southern/mid-western states they skipped (NOLA? MN? OH?) and then they'll do LA so they can do a proper non-festival show there.

But either way, this will most likely be a continuation of the Resistance tour and as such will be the tower stage and the setlist we all know and love ;)

They are going to do SoCal for sure. So LA and most likely San Diego.

I personally am not expecting it. If there are any changes i'd think they would be slight, because as I understand it these new dates won't be a new tour so much as a continuation of the current one (going to places they haven't been yet) So in the same way as they changed little when they went from Europe to the US, I don't think they'll change when they come back here. I really think the setlist is tied to the tower stage and as long as we have that stage we'll get the songs printed in the program ;)

Since they'll have done festivals and stadium shows by then, and I figure those will have a different setlist, maybe they'll try to throw in a wildcard. But the thing is, since they don't seem to think they can play more than 18 songs a night, what song would they throw out of the current setlist to replace with something new? Feeling Good is about the only one I can think of that could go, but again, what would they replace it with? Remember, we Americans don't know songs from Showbiz, so not Sunburn or Cave. Ruled by Secrecy or Space Dementia possibly if they do those in europe? Are we allowed to know those ones? :unsure:

I dunno if they'd come back with the same set design to be honest. Either they keep their stage design in storage here and go back to their stadium gigs in Europe or ship it to Australia where they are due in the Winter. So if they ship it to Australia (which I think they would) then they are going to have to have a different set up. Like what they did in Asia. played a different stage design there while getting everything shipped to America. So hopefully, no Tower Stage will mean set list variation.

I would say they replace Feeling Good with Cave. By the fall, they can easily have a new setlist with new graphics with the current Pillars. They have played Sunburn many times in the U.S, just a matter of getting new graphics for the pillars.

Delaware? OK, maybe not ... I'd be out-of-my-mind thrilled if they play anywhere within driving distance for me. Which is a lot of places.:) Very cool.

Although they probably won't visit Delaware, you can always catch them in DC or Baltimore which isn't too far away. When they were here in Baltimore earlier this month, asked a friend who works security at the venue if he could score me some tickets. He talked to the manager and wasn't able to get me tickets then but said he would next time they come around- so it should be soon!:D

I dunno if they'd come back with the same set design to be honest. Either they keep their stage design in storage here and go back to their stadium gigs in Europe or ship it to Australia where they are due in the Winter. So if they ship it to Australia (which I think they would) then they are going to have to have a different set up. Like what they did in Asia. played a different stage design there while getting everything shipped to America. So hopefully, no Tower Stage will mean set list variation.

I'm not sure I follow what you're saying. They're not likely going to be using the tower stage in europe because they'll be doing festivals and stadium shows and the Australian tour wouldn't be until November. There's no reason for them to ship the stage over there in May, especially if they're planning on coming back here in October. I'd say they'll leave the stage here and use it in the fall and then send it over for the Aussie tour.

I hope the tour is different, but I really see no reason to believe that it will be. There isn't enough time for another full US tour between the stadium shows and the supposed Aussie shows The fall dates are just filling in the blanks and hitting the cities they missed this time around. As such, it's a continuation of this tour and not a new tour....

Isn't the reason why we knew they were coming back in the fall in the first place because they said they'd be going back to LA to do the full resistance show since they can't do it at Coachella? Or did I imagine that? :unsure:

I would say they replace Feeling Good with Cave. By the fall, they can easily have a new setlist with new graphics with the current Pillars. They have played Sunburn many times in the U.S, just a matter of getting new graphics for the pillars.

It doesn't matter what they've done in the past, they said recently that they're not doing songs from Showbiz here because the crowds won't know them. They've done both Cave and Sunburn with the pillars at European shows. There's no reason they haven't done them here other than that they don't want to (or, rather, seem to think we don't want them to :() They played Sunburn at MSG in '07 but did FG this time around... they make no sense!

Also, they've shown with MKU (which I still think doesn't have much in terms of graphics?) and then Sunburn/B&H in Turin that if they want to play something they will, regardless of what ends up on the screens.

It's like Matt with his missing pedal excuse for not playing Muscle Museum - if he really cared to play the song, he'd find a way. The fact that he isn't finding a way tells me he doesn't particularly care to play the song.

:LOL: wow, this post sounds really negative... sorry i don't mean it that way, I'm just sayin'...

I'm not sure I follow what you're saying. They're not likely going to be using the tower stage in europe because they'll be doing festivals and stadium shows and the Australian tour wouldn't be until November. There's no reason for them to ship the stage over there in May, especially if they're planning on coming back here in October. I'd say they'll leave the stage here and use it in the fall and then send it over for the Aussie tour.

I hope the tour is different, but I really see no reason to believe that it will be. There isn't enough time for another full US tour between the stadium shows and the supposed Aussie shows The fall dates are just filling in the blanks and hitting the cities they missed this time around. As such, it's a continuation of this tour and not a new tour....

Isn't the reason why we knew they were coming back in the fall in the first place because they said they'd be going back to LA to do the full resistance show since they can't do it at Coachella? Or did I imagine that? :unsure:

Well the fall tour dates would have to be in probably in October right? If they did that, and went to Australia in November, they wouldn't have enough time to get their set up to Australia if that was the case. That's what I'm trying to say. If they end their current tour here in May, they can either put their stage in storage over here to keep it, but then they'd have to have a different set up in Australia. I don't think there is a way for both countries to have the towers later in the year. I just know they've done that in the past. They come to America, and leave, and then do a second smaller leg of the tour with a someone different set up. I know they said that they'd go back to Australia with the towers, but I don't remember them saying they'd have the towers for their Fall US dates. We'll see I suppose.

Well the fall tour dates would have to be in probably in October right? If they did that, and went to Australia in November, they wouldn't have enough time to get their set up to Australia if that was the case. That's what I'm trying to say. If they end their current tour here in May, they can either put their stage in storage over here to keep it, but then they'd have to have a different set up in Australia. I don't think there is a way for both countries to have the towers later in the year. I just know they've done that in the past. They come to America, and leave, and then do a second smaller leg of the tour with a someone different set up. I know they said that they'd go back to Australia with the towers, but I don't remember them saying they'd have the towers for their Fall US dates. We'll see I suppose.

Yeah, I don't know.... if they did US shows in late Sept/early Oct and then Aussie ones in late Nov/early Dec there could potentially be 30days between the two legs... how long does it take to ship the stuff? If they fly it I don't see why they'd need a long time to get it over :unsure:

Hmmmm....Interesting. But how many dates are they doing in Australia? Those haven't been announced as far as I know. I think it would be really cool to see them again without the towers. Your point makes sense, but it seems like maybe they'd use the towers where ever they had the most shows. And that we don't know.

Yeah, I don't know.... if they did US shows in late Sept/early Oct and then Aussie ones in late Nov/early Dec there could potentially be 30days between the two legs... how long does it take to ship the stuff? If they fly it I don't see why they'd need a long time to get it over :unsure:

Hmm well I would suspect they'd want a break after their Wembley dates which is mid-September, so they'd probably start at the beginning of October, and I think they'd be here for a couple of weeks. But if they do Australia in December vs in November I suppose there'd be time to get there stuff there. I don't think they'd do that though because isn't that pretty close to BDO? I dunno, it's a tricky case. They probably have it figured out.

They are going to do SoCal for sure. So LA and most likely San Diego.

Ooooo ... I have a friend in L.A. as well as one in SD. Not Muse fans but perhaps would offer me free lodging.:happy:

Either they keep their stage design in storage here

Well ... I have a lot of storage space ... I'm just saying, I'd be glad to hang on to those towers for a while.;)

Hmmmm....Interesting. But how many dates are they doing in Australia? Those haven't been announced as far as I know. I think it would be really cool to see them again without the towers. Your point makes sense, but it seems like maybe they'd use the towers where ever they had the most shows. And that we don't know.

Ahh that's a good question indeed. I think they'd be doing more dates in Australia. But perhaps they are going to do bigger venues there so maybe they'll get a different setup and the states will be stuck with the towers. :(

I'm pretty sure they told the Aussies that they were bringing the stage over there, so I think that's their plan (and then I thought they said the same thing about LA but I can't remember where I heard it so it may be a figment of my imagination) I think last time they went down under they did like 5 shows in Australia and 2 in NZ.

I'd love to see them do some shows without the towers here because it would be something different - but people in CA or FL or wherever else who never got a show with the towers might think differently :$ They would be able to do some amphitheaters like they did in '07... but it all depends on what their plans are with respect to the stage.

Maybe after doing the other shows all summer they'll never want to return to the towers again ;)

Hmm well I would suspect they'd want a break after their Wembley dates which is mid-September, so they'd probably start at the beginning of October, and I think they'd be here for a couple of weeks. But if they do Australia in December vs in November I suppose there'd be time to get there stuff there. I don't think they'd do that though because isn't that pretty close to BDO? I dunno, it's a tricky case. They probably have it figured out.

I think Dec would be far enough, isn't BDO closer to the end of Jan? Last time I think they did the shows in about 2 weeks, so it seems like they'd have time to do the shows there before Christmas. I wonder if they'll try to sneak in a show or two in Asia like they did last time around (with the ill fated Thai show)

The last stadium show is on 9/11, so if they took like 10 days off they could start the last week of Sept. It all depends on how much of a break they're taking.

And I'd love to think they have it all figured out, but judging by how they're announcing the stadium shows and how they announced the US tour, I don't have that much faith in them at this point :chuckle::p

Archived