That reminds me, if they come back to NY/NJ around October 6, that would be the most amazing birthday present EVER! It needs to happen! :awesome:

:yesey: And 2 days before they can do a gig in VA :awesome:

YES PLEASE.

Seriously. There's no reason not to. Besides, I think they would just looooove NOLA. :LOL:

Absolutely - can you imagine the twitpics?! :LOL: They need to go visit you :yesey:

Intimate NYC gig? :awesome:

yespleaseyespleaseyespleaseyespleaseyespleaseyesplease :supersad:

Or NJ. Or in... my bedroom. My first Muse dream halfway came true (dreamed about eating dimsum with Muse... I had dimsum right after my first Muse gig :facepalm:), an intimate NJ gig would be another Muse dream halfway coming through (not quite in my room, but close enough). :yesey:

I'm probably asking for too much. :erm:

My only problem now is money. I need a job.

I'm starting to notice NC is a big Muse fan base. Constantly running into Muse fans and people telling me they've checked em out and wanna see them live... and there's a bunch of Carolinian boardies here too, so I really think the Carolinas should have another dose of Muse!

haha, how convenient that you're located in NC as well.

I highly doubt they're going to return to the same gigs they've already been to. Usually when they come back later in the year, it'll be for more 'big' gigs, so maybe they're going to play a couple of stadiums or something.

Don't hope on them returning to the arena you saw them play in, the odds of that are near impossible :p

I just thought of the worst possible thing:( : Myspace made a typo and left out the "A" infront of "US". Discuss. :)

Except what we know of as Autumn months would actually be Spring leading into Summer for Australia (it's Autumn there right now) - so that kinda blows that out of the water :p

why more us dates?

in the UK we got a 6 date tour : (

then we've got 3 stadium shows and 3 festival appearances, which comes to 12 shows (then 14 if you count tin'muff), all from september 09 until september 2010...

yeah, the US is considerabley bigger than the UK, but Muse belong over here...

i'm sure the current US tour is way over 14 dates, although I'll have to check.

I just thought of the worst possible thing:( : Myspace made a typo and left out the "A" infront of "US". Discuss. :)

:eek: After the massive fail with the live stream, that is a distinct but awful possibility.

I'm starting to notice NC is a big Muse fan base. Constantly running into Muse fans and people telling me they've checked em out and wanna see them live... and there's a bunch of Carolinian boardies here too, so I really think the Carolinas should have another dose of Muse!

You know it! They got a good reception with U2 in October. Come back, Muse!!!

why more us dates?

in the UK we got a 6 date tour : (

then we've got 3 stadium shows and 3 festival appearances, which comes to 12 shows (then 14 if you count tin'muff), all from september 09 until september 2010...

yeah, the US is considerabley bigger than the UK, but Muse belong over here...

i'm sure the current US tour is way over 14 dates, although I'll have to check.

the south americans don't have dates :supersad::(

It's all about the business, and it's more certain that it's not the band's decision.

Muse have been selling out almost every single arena on this tour. Promoters are clearly pushing for more dates. Especially when there's a lot of big cities that did not get a gig during the Spring. Cities like NY and LA are very likely to get more shows.

Do you think they could sell out stadiums here in the US? I would love to see them at Giants Stadium, but I'm not sure they could fill it out yet.

I really hope they do though, that would be insane. Regardless, I can't wait to hear official news about these shows.

Do you think they could sell out stadiums here in the US? I would love to see them at Giants Stadium, but I'm not sure they could fill it out yet.

I really hope they do though, that would be insane. Regardless, I can't wait to hear official news about these shows.

I would be interested to see them announce an arena, such as Giants stadium. I think if they gave enough time before the show to announce it and limited the stadium shows in the US to only a handful, then there would be a chance to sell out the stadium.

Between the die-hard Muse fans, the twilight Muse fans, and whatever else fans there are, I am sure we could get a wide demographic as well. Plus, people are discovering them left and right with this first wave tour that they're playing. I've read so many reviews from fans that have brought fans and even parents that loved the show.

It's great to see people discovering Muse, but at the same time, I want to keep them for myself for potential to play small venues and intimate shows, unlike SXSW. :)

FWIW --

Biggest show on current tour was The Palace in Detroit/Auburn Hills, MI. This seats about 23,000 for end-stage concerts. Muse has a solid following in this area and several radio stations including the biggest rock station (WRIF) and the alternative station (89X) picked up and promoted the show.

A second show in Detroit would attract even more attention but my guess is that they will do Cleveland or Columbus instead. No out door football stadiums, they aren't big enough yet.

Comments that the US got this many shows or that many shows really don't make much sense to me. The US is huge and they are playing something like 1 show per state (some heavily populated states such as Ohio got none). The UK, the size of a US state enjoyed a dozen or so shows plus massive festivals and Wembley over last couple years - and with less than a 50 mile drive you can catch a show. Even though I live in the "Detroit-area", I had a 65 mile drive to go to my local gig.

The New Giants Stadium holds 82,500 (for a sporting event). Let's assume they'll block off at least 10,000 seats that are out of view, probably more. That leaves 72,500 seats to fill. Not including GA. As the person above said, their biggest show yet in the US was at Palace at Auburn Hills which held 23,000. They played MSG which holds about 20,000.

So they'd have to about triple the amount of fans that are attending each show now. I don't know if they are big enough for that yet. Let me put it this way: they opened for U2 in Giants Stadium this past fall, I don't think they'd be able to headline a year later. I really hope I'm wrong though.

Archived