Not an excuse - I'm an American - got to know and been listening to Muse since from the start. Internet, access to great indie music and such had been widespread at that time. There's something wrong with you if you continued to listen to Limp Bizkit even though you know they do shitty music. :p Many Americans are lazy and :p.

You go to clubs and seek great music not by listening to FM radio or what's at the top of Billboard charts.

Oh sorry, I was giving birth during the week Absolution came out. Sorry, I was too busy to be cool. :rolleyes:

Not an excuse - I'm an American - got to know and been listening to Muse since from the start. Internet, access to great indie music and such had been widespread at that time. There's something wrong with you if you continued to listen to Limp Bizkit even though you know they do shitty music. :p Many Americans are lazy and :p.

You go to clubs and seek great music not by listening to FM radio or what's at the top of Billboard charts.

There are thousands of bands out there in millions of places on the internet - when the band is not readily accessable and one doesn't have contact with people who know who they are, it makes finding them akin to locating a needle in a haystack. So, ok, you found them, whoop-dee-doo... doesn't mean that they were accessable to people who were completely in the dark.

And I never said I listened to LP- I found new music where I could but mostly went backwards and spent time discovering bands that were several years old. I just happen to have never found Muse, wish I had. I didn't end up finding out about them until Absolution.

My point was that most people in North America didn't have access to Muse because of the way things worked with "the business" Once their label decided that PiB wasn't releasable, their ability to form a huge fanbase here was set back years. They have older more established fanbases in places like the UK and France because they were more readily available there (albums, singles, gigs) than they were here, not because Americans somehow ignored the band. :)

There are thousands of bands out there in millions of places on the internet - when the band is not readily accessable and one doesn't have contact with people who know who they are, it makes finding them akin to locating a needle in a haystack. So, ok, you found them, whoop-dee-doo... doesn't mean that they were accessable to people who were completely in the dark.

And I never said I listened to LP- I found new music where I could but mostly went backwards and spent time discovering bands that were several years old. I just happen to have never found Muse, wish I had. I didn't end up finding out about them until Absolution.

My point was that most people in North America didn't have access to Muse because of the way things worked with "the business" Once their label decided that PiB wasn't releasable, their ability to form a huge fanbase here was set back years. They have older more established fanbases in places like the UK and France because they were more readily available there (albums, singles, gigs) than they were here, not because Americans somehow ignored the band. :)

This.

Plus, there are younger fans here who are actually fans, not because we heard of them through Twilight.

Obviously, we would've become a fan later than someone 20 or 30, a couple of people on here would've been around 3 when the band released their first album! That doesn't make anyone an inferior fan though! :rolleyes:

can we go back to discussing the tour dates? this whole debate on being a fan is ridiculous.

Sure, we can talk about the show they're doing in October in.... oh wait.... i forgot there are no dates to discuss ;)

This.

Plus, there are younger fans here who are actually fans, not because we heard of them through Twilight.

Obviously, we would've become a fan later than someone 20 or 30, a couple of people on here would've been around 3 when the band released their first album! That doesn't make anyone an inferior fan though! :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, I can't agree with that.... we all know that everyone under 20 who likes Muse loves them because of Twilight and likes to imagine Edward singing whenever they listen to SMBH (which is, of course, the only song they know)

:p

Someone should just make a "who's a bigger fan" thread for people who actually care that much...

I thought we went over this. I win because I made the statue of Dom out of Brie. AchtungMuse is 2nd best because she made a statue of Matt out of Gouda. The rest are all Twilight nerds. End of discussion.

Sure, we can talk about the show they're doing in October in.... oh wait.... i forgot there are no dates to discuss ;)

I'm sorry, I can't agree with that.... we all know that everyone under 20 who likes Muse loves them because of Twilight and likes to imagine Edward singing whenever they listen to SMBH (which is, of course, the only song they know)

:p

Well then I must be the exception, I found them 5 years ago but I don't think Twilight was around then, I hate it with all my heart, plus I just defaced a $30 Edward poster. :p

Archived