Okay, now we need stats of population plus number of music fans who a. listen to great music b. go to live shows in those places :p

England fans with great music will for sure outnumber grand total for all states in USA.

Those kids in England (Paris, Europe) and Japan have been listening to Muse since 2000 while Americans were busy listening and

partying to shitty hip-hop music.

Do we really need a conversation about who are the "bigger" fans?

Apart from the purely subjective arguments, there can be little denying that there is probably more money to be made in the US. Simple as. I know there are Muse fans across the globe, but I would imagine (I may be wrong) that the US is by far the band's most lucrative single country. Now, it's unfair to compare the US to other countries simply due to it's size relative to most others. That being said, it just makes more sense monetarily for there to be more US tour dates on this specific tour. Their popularity is growing here in the states (coughcoughTWILIGHTcough) and now would be a great time to capitalize on that and continue to ride the surge of recognition.

Okay, now we need stats of population plus number of music fans who a. listen to great music b. go to live shows in those places :p

England fans with great music taste will for sure outnumber grand total for all states in USA.

Those kids in England (Paris, Europe) and Japan have been listening to Muse since 2000 while Americans were busy listening and

partying to shitty hip-hop music.

In fairness we americans never really got the chance to properly hear/experience early Muse because the record label decided we wouldn't like it even as the industry spoonfed us Kid Rock and Limp Bizkit :facepalm:

Really, I do! I think you even had the character Kirby as your avatar, yes?! :awesome:

Yeah, I did, I couldn't think of anything else but then I changed it cos I realised eveeryone would probably think I was obsessed with the video game :chuckle:

Umm, I'm not gonna lie, when I first found that out a while ago I screamed "I WANT THAT NAAAAMEEEE!!!" :LOL:

Anyways... I'm waaaaaaaaiting.... Paaaaaatiently... I'll waaaaait foooooor the dates...

Bah, who am I kidding *is very very impatient*

I'm pretty sure I remember that... :LOL:

I can't wait for the dates either, I really hope my mom lets me go to two :supersad:

Not an excuse - I'm an American - got to know and been listening to Muse since from the start. Internet, access to great indie music and such had been widespread at that time. There's something wrong with you if you continued to listen to Limp Bizkit even though you know they do shitty music. :p Many Americans are lazy and :p.

You go to clubs and seek great music not by listening to FM radio or what's at the top of Billboard charts.

:LOL: You make it sound as if there are "cool points" involved if you've known a band longer than others!

No. I'm just saying there's so many resources

available to us where we could discover new music/talents. I love Muse - but there will always be new bands that are just

out there waiting to be discovered.

Well you made it seem as if you were better than us all becuase you've known Muse a few years longer.

Sorry if I was mistaken.

I'm not in a debate as to which place brings/could give the most money to Muse - am just saying Europe, Asia and Australia

deserve all their gazillion Muse shows they are

getting - if not for those fans in those places -who knows what Muse will be doing now.

What constitutes as "deserving"? Like I said, there are Muse fans worldwide; how can it be that fans in certain places are said to deserve their shows? Are you implying that they deserve it more than others? Surely not.

As I don't know of any arbitrary way of deciding who deserves shows and who doesn't, it would make the most sense for the band to continue gaining popularity stateside while there is this much buzz about them. They're already established and are doing shows elsewhere.

It is not a question/discussion of who is the better fan or not - or if the better fans will get more shows. It is me making a point that ... don't be a lazy ass - do so some hard works when trying to discover great music/talents. Muse deserve all the success they are getting but let's accept the fact that most new American Muse fans got to know them because of Twilight - they were there in those US arena shows.

Better a dedicated Twilight + Muse fan than no Muse fan.

It is not a question/discussion of who is the better fan or not - or if the better fans will get more shows. It is me making a point that ... don't be a lazy ass - do so some hard works when trying to discover great music/talents. Muse deserve all the success they are getting but let's accept the fact that most new American Muse fans got to know them because of Twilight - they were there in those US arena shows.

Ok, most American fans found Muse through Twilight? That is bullshit. And no, you do not have to "work hard" to find a band in order to be considered a true fan.

Yes, obviously some Americans were exposed to Muse through Twilight, but why is that a bad thing if they like them enough to pay for tickets to see them live?

Archived