Alysum

imagine you're maffew belzamee on stage at wemblorz, battery fails and signal cuts out.

omfg embarassholement!!!!

Now, think of the shite that's actually in a battery, and think about how they dispose of them.

poor environment :(

imagine you're maffew belzamee on stage at wemblorz, battery fails and signal cuts out.

omfg embarassholement!!!!

Now, think of the shite that's actually in a battery, and think about how they dispose of them.

poor environment :(

Yeah no I know that, I just mean I've always heard (even from Zachary himself, I think) that the pedal is "happier," for lack of a better term, when it's munching 9v batteries (and Al Gore's soul, for that matter) rather than being plugged in to the wall.

Plus those batteries last long time :D

:LOL:

It's still better to use a PSU, if not for reliability and consistency, then for the environment.

Yeah, I've actually been meaning to get one, it's just that I don't really use a pedalboard and I haven't found one that suits my fancy...but now that I'm thinking (again :roll eyes:) about racking everything and the new Whammy runs DC, maybe it's time :happy:

I have mine on the battery, as it's only about a year old, and if I'm honest, I've barely used it. I need some more cables that aren't completely fucked really, so I've had minimal use out of my pedals so far though. I know the batteries last a while, so I'll probably keep it in there while it works well, and then buy a DC for it for the long term after.

Speaking of which, I was actually wondering, branching off the topic a bit here, is there a limit to how much you should have coming out of one plug socket? Like if you've got a pedalboard, amp, etc, maybe laptop too, is that dangerous to have it all coming out of the same circuit? Thinking long term here...

Oh yeah, I'll check that out. GigRig makes some great stuff :)

Edit: As promised (to Bs, I think), a summary of the new Twisty Kaoss product range:

Dear Reader,

Thank you for expressing interest in the Twisty Chaoss/Fuzz Factory product range. I hope the following information can help clear up all of your questions regarding this revolutionary and noisy product:

There are currently TWO models of the Fuzz Factory, which will henceforth be known by it's actual (technical) name, the Twisty Chaoss Pad.

The newest model is the TC3, which is found on some Mansons such as James' new Crackleglow Tele:

body_close.jpg

Which features the standard Stab and Comp controls outisde--contrary to popular belief, there are no controls inside. A small piece of the DeLorean's soul, however, is usually mounted to the PCB of an internal TC2 or 3 kit. In this new model, the on/off switch has been moved so that it is in line with the two knobs--an unfortunate cost-cutting measure taken after Korg was bought out by Dom Howard.

The classic, older model is, of course, the TC2, which is seen on all of Matt's Manson guitars, such as this M1D1:

Manson%20Mirror%20%27Earls%20Court%27.jpg

In the older design, the Stab and Comp controls are still on the outside, however the switch is below the two knobs, resulting in a tirganle pattern--this could be a reference to Matt's ties to the Illuminati.

(Note: The second switch, to the right of the TC2 on/off, is a momentary switch which, when toggled, activates an electric collar around Morgan Nicholls' neck--he tends to go out of time when playing the Kaossilator parts to Starlight and City of Delusion, so both Matt and Dom have switched to give him a little kick when he needs it.)

Many Manson and Muse fans prefer the tried and true TC2 design because it results in MAX FANBOI!!1! and is, of course, more Matthew. It is also the optimal model for making Plug in Baby squeals as the design is designed to be more ergonomic for the spinning guitarist, and has more synth settings than the newer TC3, which caters more to the DJ fanbase.

The very forward-thinking Muse fan will be attracted to the Touchy-Fuzz Factory, which instead of the two knobs supplied by the others, uses a touch-screen to manipulate the oscillation squeals in a way that the others are incapable, resulting in songs such as Supermassive Black Hole, Neutron Star Collision, and Cave. It is shown here:

Manson%20Red%20Glitter.jpg

The true beauty of the TFF is it's abillity to interface to a computer. When plugged into the appropriate FireWire jack, it is capable of controlling anything from a hard synth to Ableton Studio, or even another Twisty Chaoss stompbox pedal. Many purchasers of the recently released Manson Fanboi FB-1 were under the impression that the TFF is able to control the MXR Whammy pedal--it is not. The Touchy-Fuzz Factory is only capable of interfacing with similar pedals in Korg's Twisty Chaoss family.

We hope this guide has been enjoyable and helpful in your quest for knowledge about our Twisty Chaoss line of products. Thank you. [/Quote]

• 3 weeks later...

Touchy Fuzz Factory? Manson Fanboi FB-1? :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

On a serious note, I had an idea earlier, which might be better pitching directly to Mansons, but I'll give it a trial run here, and see what answers people come up with.

If I have an internal fuzz factory, would it be possible to have a switch which flicked it competely into its own circuit, so you could oscillate, without actually affecting the notes you were playing, so you could play electric like normal, with a background oscillation?

I was thinking instead of the usual on/off switch, it could be separate circuit/off/in magnetic signal chain, so that I'd have the option of either using it for background oscillation, OR overriding the magnetic signal and adding the fuzz to that?

When it's in the magnetic signal, that would be the only thing it would affect, but when in its own circuit, it would be able to oscillate parallel to whatever other signal was playing, whether magnetic, piezo, or both.

Pretty happy with this brainwave and the options it would give me. I just thought I'd see what some of you who have experience installing them in your own guitars or whatever might have to say, then I'll ask Mansons about it next time I email them, although I'm still waiting for a reply from my last one a few weeks ago.

Touchy Fuzz Factory? Manson Fanboi FB-1? :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

On a serious note, I had an idea earlier, which might be better pitching directly to Mansons, but I'll give it a trial run here, and see what answers people come up with.

If I have an internal fuzz factory, would it be possible to have a switch which flicked it competely into its own circuit, so you could oscillate, without actually affecting the notes you were playing, so you could play electric like normal, with a background oscillation?

I was thinking instead of the usual on/off switch, it could be separate circuit/off/in magnetic signal chain, so that I'd have the option of either using it for background oscillation, OR overriding the magnetic signal and adding the fuzz to that?

When it's in the magnetic signal, that would be the only thing it would affect, but when in its own circuit, it would be able to oscillate parallel to whatever other signal was playing, whether magnetic, piezo, or both.

Pretty happy with this brainwave and the options it would give me. I just thought I'd see what some of you who have experience installing them in your own guitars or whatever might have to say, then I'll ask Mansons about it next time I email them, although I'm still waiting for a reply from my last one a few weeks ago.

I like that idea. With a sustainer especially as then you could devote one hand... um... to the knobs.

I like that idea. With a sustainer especially as then you could devote one hand... um... to the knobs.

:chuckle:

I like the idea in theory but I'm not sure it'd work in practice. You'd have to add a second "normal" jack to the guitar as you've already got one in stereo from the Mag and Piezo pickups.

Yeah, I'll be having a sustainer on it too, so it would give me a lot of options.

I was thinking that the FF would still be blended with the magnetic signal, so I could still have it going out of the same output jack. It would just have the option of being either in the normal signal chain from the pickups, or in its own chain where it could oscillate separately before being blended and sent out the output. I think it could work. :happy:

A slight alteration to the idea that I realised last night. For having the FF on its own separate circuit, I think it should be blended with the piezo signal, not the magnetics, as the piezo will be going to a clean sounding amp anyway, so that wouldn't interfere with the FF, and it would mean I could have the normal pickups distorted without ruining the Fuzz sound, as I've found seems to happen if you combine the two. And then I'd still have the option of running it in the magnetic chain like you normally would, so I'd have the best of all worlds. What do people think? If any wiring buffs can comfirm it would be possible for me, then that would be great too! :happy:

Awesome! I love how every time I've come up with a new idea for the custom that I'm not sure if it's been done before, and I'm worried about if it would be possible or if it would be a problem, and pretty much everything has turned out to be fine. Thanks. :)

• 2 weeks later...
I can't be bothered to read through 4500 odd comments, so this may have been posted, but... How much of a discount do Mansons give if you're getting internal "Twist-chaoss" and you already have your own?

I'm not sure, but I recall when they had it listed as installation only (no FF included) it was £235

Archived