Alysum

I swear he only uses it for the riffs, and he turns it off for the verse and chorus

I always thought he keeps it on for the main riff and half way through the verse (up until the clean/harmonizer part)

you can hear it start oscillating on the B, A, Bb notes in some live recordings

the chorus is probably amp distortion

I always thought he keeps it on for the main riff and half way through the verse (up until the clean/harmonizer part)

you can hear it start oscillating on the B, A, Bb notes in some live recordings

the chorus is probably amp distortion

:yesey: Its is definitely on during the riff and verse. Off during the clean part and throughout the chorus (amp distortion with phaser) Although I wouldn't be surprised if there are variations on this live.

This is odd.

Apparently I can use my wah to control the oscillation of my FF. This is when my FF is set to a normally non-oscillating setting. When the way is all the way down, there is no oscillation, but when I start to pull it back, about half way through it starts oscillating and it gets lower as I pull the wah back. It goes roughly from a slightly flat Eb to a Bb.

I have my FF after my wah, and no other pedals. The settings are 3:30 9:30 5:00 5:00

This is odd.

The ff is a mysterious thing :rolleyes: Kinda like how turning the tone knob on your guitar controls the oscillation when not playing. Its probably something to do with a small amount of current still coming from the pickups, but dont quote me on that :$

• 2 weeks later...
When matts using hiss ff anyone know if he uses it on top of his distortion channel or does he have it to clean channel when using it?

Not too sure, I don't think it would be over the distortion too often, but I could be wrong.

I now miss my fuzz factory. :(

When matts using hiss ff anyone know if he uses it on top of his distortion channel or does he have it to clean channel when using it?

It's more than likely distorted, but not as much as the chorus (presuming your on about PiB) I would imagine most songs are at least slightly distorted though, as a FF sounds rather thin on it's own.

Oscillation very slightly jumping in steps rather than smoothly, slightly different tones (not as nice or as 'clean', not that the FF ever is that).

Sign of battery running out? Unusual, I made a point to never leave it plugged in and I've had it a fortnight. I might have left it in one night accidently.

Also, when it's on (LED on), and you unplug the input, the light goes off, but does this mean it's off or is it still on?

quick question:

getting fuzz factory soon. i just wanna make sure that when i do the settings like gate, comp etc., they go clockwise. For example when i hear stuff like Gate:7, Comp:5 etc. I assume that this is clockwise. Am i right?

Oh and btw, would it be hard getting used to fuzz factory?

Edit: I hear it's battery operated? Is that true?

quick question:

getting fuzz factory soon. i just wanna make sure that when i do the settings like gate, comp etc., they go clockwise. For example when i hear stuff like Gate:7, Comp:5 etc. I assume that this is clockwise. Am i right?

I have to ask, what guitar and amp are you using?

The values are either described from 1-10 with 5 being half way or clockwise with 12:00 being halfway. It depends on how they're describing it.

How could the fuzz be hard to get used to?

As for the battery question, a google search or even a look through the last few posts in this thread would have answered your question.

Also, when you get it, I'd love to see you cover plug in baby on youtube ;)

I have to ask, what guitar and amp are you using?

The values are either described from 1-10 with 5 being half way or clockwise with 12:00 being halfway. It depends on how they're describing it.

How could the fuzz be hard to get used to?

As for the battery question, a google search or even a look through the last few posts in this thread would have answered your question.

Also, when you get it, I'd love to see you cover plug in baby on youtube ;)

I promise i'll cover something (probably gonna do a mashup of all the fuzz factory songs first ;) )

I'm using a fender guitar (i know...) and an amp you won't know the make of (Silk Road). I've not been able to replace amp with anything fancier yet (guitar is fine atm)

thanks

quick question:

99% of the FF settings out there are written clockwise. And yes they are battery powered (9v), but if your going for a vexter then it can also be powered by a Boss 9v DC adapter.

i thought it was counterclockwise

also, all newer hand painted fuzz factories include a DC jack as well.

Oscillation very slightly jumping in steps rather than smoothly, slightly different tones (not as nice or as 'clean', not that the FF ever is that).

Sign of battery running out? Unusual, I made a point to never leave it plugged in and I've had it a fortnight. I might have left it in one night accidently.

Also, when it's on (LED on), and you unplug the input, the light goes off, but does this mean it's off or is it still on?

if you unplug the cable from the input, it's off.

the FF doesn't really eat up batteries that fast, but it's worth trying a new one. i've never had that issue with any FF...do you mean the oscillation is 'jumping' when you turn the stab pot? because you could have worn out your twisty kaoss pad there.

(yes, the stab pots wear out after a while - you'll probably notice that matt's mirror manson always sounds a bit weird for the noise at the beginning of plug in baby)

the FF doesn't really eat up batteries that fast, but it's worth trying a new one. i've never had that issue with any FF...do you mean the oscillation is 'jumping' when you turn the stab pot? because you could have worn out your twisty kaoss pad there.

(yes, the stab pots wear out after a while - you'll probably notice that matt's mirror manson always sounds a bit weird for the noise at the beginning of plug in baby)

Stab pot worn out after two weeks though? The Twisty Kaoss seemed quite robust and durable when I got it... ;)

Actually, sometimes it's fine- it may be that I don't quite plug in the jacks all the way every now and again.

:facepalm: thats only south of the equator...

Almost right :$

sarcasm fail

Stab pot worn out after two weeks though? The Twisty Kaoss seemed quite robust and durable when I got it... ;)

Actually, sometimes it's fine- it may be that I don't quite plug in the jacks all the way every now and again.

you bought it brand new two weeks ago you mean? usually they're fine for a good two years if all you do is plug in baby, but first i'd replace the battery if it's acting up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mine is really playing up lately. it sounds awful and sounds really crackly.. the noise it makes is similar to standing on the guitar lead when it's not plugged into the instrument. It doesn't squeal or do anything just makes a nasty rumbly noise.

It works a bit better once I unplugged everything and put it all back.. could there be anything on my pedal setup thats causing it?

There's a picture of my setup.. it goes:

Guitar>Tuner>FF>wah>treble booster>Whammy>Phaser>Volume>Memory man>DL4>amp

I have a Diago power thing that uses a daisy chain to power all the pedals and the treble booster originally only had a battery compartment but an electrician I used to work with knocked up an attachement to allow me to use the daisy chain.

Sometimes when the noises start, lifting the FF up and away from the rest of it seems to help and soemtiems the green light on the Diago goes out which normally happens if one of the connectors touches a pedals metal casing.. it's not doing this anymore though as all unused connections are covered with the rubber slips they provide.

001.thumb.jpg.3d2ae3b206d3afd4ea78302f75477977.jpg

Archived