Alysum

There's an easy enough way to figure out what the problem is.

Take apart your peddal board, and start with just Guitar > FF > Amp. Check if it's working ok. Then one by one, add pedals, checking the sound as you go along. I'd suggest starting with things that are going to be reliable/not really affect the FF. From my experience, I'd guess it's either the Wah or the Whammy, or both.

there's a buffer on the input of the M13 isn't there? AFAIK the problem you're describing couldn't possibly be cause by the input impedence.

So you have a digital delay patch that repeats when the FF is out of the chain, but doesn't repeat when the FF is in the chain? It sounds nuts to me.

• 2 weeks later...

i know I shall probably be lynched for repeating, but where abouts on this thread is a guide/ diagram/ both for integrating a ff pedal into a guitar?? tried myself but wires breaking off everywhere and could do with some referencing. Thanks :)

wonder if anyone can help please, i had a fuzz probe circuit in an old guitar project which looks like the FF board with the extra board for the trim etc. is the Fuzz Probe and standard FF board the same please, as my current project needs a FF and if i can use the old Fuzz probe it will save me a few quids :-)

i believe it is more or less the same, with an extra little bit for the antenna (copper plate) circuit. If you can get a photo of it, we'll be able to tell.

It's the exact same circuit, just a touch more clarity and gain compared to a normal FF. Unless the year they were made actually makes a difference, never had an '03 FF to compare to.

it should do. The antenna circuit is not part of the signal path. It's just a bit of a logic circuit to go from the antenna to the stab control. i'd bet money on it that you could remove the second board, wire up a 5k pot for the stab and it'd work just the same as a ff.

yeah but there's an extra bit for the antenna. I'm just not sure if it's on a separate board or not. I cant remember.

Yes it's on a separate board, the main board even has Fuzz Factory written on it. :chuckle:

It does work the exact same as a FF, the probe can only go up from wherever the stab is set.

yeah thats what I thought. I've seen a few attempts at clones on the web, and it seems that the trickiest part is the actual physical copper plate. People have tried different sizes, shapes, thickness etc, and they all give slightly different results. I'd imagine it's the same if you go to make a copper scratch plate and wire it up for use with a built in fuzz probe like. (/bellamyfanboi)

It's essentially a new take on an expression pedal, but all built in, if that makes any sense.

Hello, I just got an FF but need to get a 9v UK power supply adapter for it, does anyone have any recommendations?

will anything that has 9v written on it do or do I need a specific type to avoid problems?

Thanks for all feedback :)

• 3 weeks later...

New settings-

7 7 3 5 - But then turn the volume down on the guitar, as far as you wish. You get a really trebley clean sound. Mess with the drive knob to set how high you can put the guitar volume before it breaks into fuzz. You can get clean sounds into fuzz without changing anything but the velocity you hit the strings. The FF is REALLY respondent to dynamics, which I love.

Anyway- When the drive and stab are at max (gate/comp at none), there is an ear piercing high pitch noise. It's not oscillation. It only happens when plugged into the mains- however, the battery is running out a bit I think. What's happening? I can gate it, but don't like that, and as soon as I turn down the drive it stops. It also seems affected by the volume knob.

Archived