Personally, if people are willing to pay such a price knowing that the band they want to see is only supporting, then I don't see on what grounds they can complain on. I'm sure Muse will get round to playing their own headline shows in South America, but I still think it's wrong to complain when it's not even Muse's show, it's U2's.

I do see your point.

Rumor is they'll be adding a show on March 29th, my birthday. I need to win the lotto. :(

What rumors? Link it up! My b-day's the day after and I'd consider spending it in SA.

AchtungMuse Rumor is they'll be adding a show on March 29th, my birthday. I need to win the lotto.

Guess that's exactly what we're all expecting to happen, right? Heh... Guess if you think about it, the day before is actually a huge posibility because the last time u2 came down here, the support band played the day before too. Guess that's where the rumor came from, it's pretty probable, though, but it's still just a rumor, right? Let's not try to get our hopes up too much xP

I see people here talking about a Lima Peru & a Santiago de Chile show, neither of which are confirmed as far as I can tell from a google search. Sorry if it's been mentioned, but what dates are the Peru & Chile shows supposed to take place? 10 days is a lot of time between shows, even by Muse & U2 standards, so I'm sure there will be some more dates announced (hopefully Muse solo). Not that I'm going to any of these, but have hope for some friends who will go.

:LOL:

this reminds me of when franz opened for green day. went apeshit and bought tickets and then two months later they announced their own show scheduled for two days after their show with green day.

:indiff:

Franz did exactly the same in Argentina, back in 2006 when they were just the opening act in U2's Vertigo Tour. Then a month or so before the dates, they added an extra solo show.

Because of this precedent, we - argentinians musers- keep the faith in a whole Muse show apart of U2 date(s).

But Muse is Muse... Franz Ferdinand is Franz Ferdinand :rolleyes: (and I love both :p)

I see people here talking about a Lima Peru & a Santiago de Chile show, neither of which are confirmed as far as I can tell from a google search. Sorry if it's been mentioned, but what dates are the Peru & Chile shows supposed to take place? 10 days is a lot of time between shows, even by Muse & U2 standards, so I'm sure there will be some more dates announced (hopefully Muse solo). Not that I'm going to any of these, but have hope for some friends who will go.

Chile is rumored the 24th and 25th of March, I think (might be 25th-26th). Have never seen a date for Lima, that rumor is not a strong one.

Franz did exactly the same in Argentina, back in 2006 when they were just the opening act in U2's Vertigo Tour. Then a month or so before the dates, they added an extra solo show.

Because of this precedent, we - argentinians musers- keep the faith in a whole Muse show apart of U2 date(s).

But Muse is Muse... Franz Ferdinand is Franz Ferdinand :rolleyes: (and I love both :p)

well i hope for you all that they add full shows of their own :yesey:

As i read in a u2 blog a week before, u2 is going to do 3 shows at la plata's stadium, 30 marx, 1 and 2 april... maybe we can get 3/31, muse in luna park stadium...

i don't know, by now muse is a very popular band in south america, 2 years ago they played two sold out concerts here in argentina... in 2003 i remember being almost the only one who liked muse... they could headline a big festival very easily (sissor sisters and mika did it!)

So this is the part where we all say "fucking fucked fuck" because Muse will be supporting U2, isn't it? The Best & Worst thing we could hear right now, one of the best bands in the world finally coming back to our latitudes...but in company of these oh-we-are-so-cool irish band.

We still have a "little" hope about Chile or Perú, specially if we consider that in Chile (April 2nd and 3rd) the Lollapalooza is going to take place, PLEASE MUSE go to Lollapalooza instead of U2.

i too hope they do a few side gigs.
It happened with Franz Ferdinand 4 years ago, so...fingers crossed!

i too hope they do a few side gigs.

to go back to SA as a support band when 2 years ago they were selling out arenas... doesn't make much sense. it's very bittersweet to the fans to have the chance to see them, but in such conditions.

I really hope they pla some side gigs. As you said, when they came here in 2008, they were the main concert. That makes no sense to me. I want to see the resistance tour, not an opening act for u2.

I really think they'll be adding a show, you know, 8 days free between Argentina and Brasil doesn't make any sense, unless Matt wants to learn spanish :p

So I'm getting my ticket on the pre sale and a refundable ticket back to Bs As, if they add a headlining show I'll go, if not... well, I might go as well :LOL:

I am not going. I don't want to pay almost one hundred dollars for a support act when the main band does not interest me.

I wouldn't mind paying double or even triple that if it was for a Muse solo show.

exactly... I'm gonna get my ticket just in case though, can't help it :facepalm: plus if this 'lolla works in Chile, well... I might go there too xD

but I have to many "if's" to consider.. definitely won't do it if they stick to the support thing. $1500 dollars is way to much money for 40minutes.

Anyone know if I can have a key for presale after the announcement of the gig? some friends want to buy but they aren't registered!

exactly... I'm gonna get my ticket just in case though, can't help it :facepalm: plus if this 'lolla works in Chile, well... I might go there too xD

but I have to many "if's" to consider.. definitely won't do it if they stick to the support thing. $1500 dollars is way to much money for 40minutes.

If they do Lolla I'll try go there too :D

Archived