I bought my ticket. I'm still sad I won't get a full muse concert. How much time they played before U2 at USA?

I think I'll search for setlists.

Edit: I just found it. 8 songs. EIGHT songs. That's so lame I have no words. This or nothing... Don't know if I'll go or sell my ticket. This sucks.

Let's hope they'll play more songs here :supersad:

I bought my ticket. I'm still sad I won't get a full muse concert. How much time they played before U2 at USA?

Edit: I just found it. 8 songs. EIGHT songs. That's so lame I have no words. This or nothing... Don't know if I'll go or sell my ticket. This sucks.

Exactly my dilemma. But who knows when (and IF) they will come back later, say in 2012, before the world ends :p

Aside from the likelihood that Muse will play eight songs, the other deal killer for me is U2's stage design. Opening acts rarely get the support of the headliner's full stage production but to see Muse so exposed on that abomination of a stage with very few lights was disappointing. It felt like they were abandoned on an island and it was really hard to get into their set because of the crappy atmosphere. The sound sucked too.

Sorry to be Negative Nancy but I really don't think the show will be worth the money and trouble if Muse is the primary reason you're going. I'm holding out hope that they do play their own gigs or festivals down there next year. If they don't it'll be a huge step backwards from when they last toured South America.

Did you see them when they opened for U2 in North America? Was it that bad?

I would have thought that what matters the most was the music and not the stage. If they can't play because there are no towers or the lights are just a few, then there's something really bad going on there...

Did you see them when they opened for U2 in North America? Was it that bad?

I would have thought that what matters the most was the music and not the stage. If they can't play because there are no towers or the lights are just a few, then there's something really bad going on there...

I did, it wasn't great. I didn't mean Muse needs the showy stage production to put on a good show... rather, when they're playing on an ugly, gigantic alien spaceship like U2's stage and all they're getting out of it are dinky little Christmas lights and a few spotlights, the stage becomes a huge distraction. I felt it definitely detracted from the music. I'd love to see Muse somewhere like Teatro Gran Rex where all they had was a screen and seating room for only a few thousand people.

So far I got tickets for Brazil and Argentina. Will get the ones for Chile and Brazil night 2.

To be honest, I just want to see them there... (home) and neighbors countries. The energy from the american crowd to a south american one differs by thousands... :p and that's what I'm looking forward for. Hopefully they will see that and add a gig by themselves.

So far I got tickets for Brazil and Argentina. Will get the ones for Chile and Brazil night 2.

To be honest, I just want to see them there... (home) and neighbors countries. The energy from the american crowd to a south american one differs by thousands... :p and that's what I'm looking forward for. Hopefully they will see that and add a gig by themselves.

I just want to see them live, never saw :supersad: of course that a full gig will be so much better but I can't wait more 3 years for a muse gig :noey:

You're coming to Brazil :D I'll try to get tickets of night 2 too

Girl, you are loca! You're right, the South American crowd is the X-factor that could turn even a brief set into a great time. Glad you'll get to go back home also. Eat plenty of asado and empanadas for me. mmmm...

I just want to see them live, never saw :supersad: of course that a full gig will be so much better but I can't wait more 3 years for a muse gig :noey:

You're coming to Brazil :D I'll try to get tickets of night 2 too

Glad you'll finally get to see them! I'm sure you'll have a blast. I think I'd go just to set foot in lovely Brazil again, but sadly I can't justify the cost right now.

This!!

Question: Jigsaw mask is coming to South America, too?;)

This!!

Question: Jigsaw mask is coming to South America, too?;)

OF COURSE!:awesome: Jigsaw shall go to every muse gig I go.

Girl, you are loca! You're right, the South American crowd is the X-factor that could turn even a brief set into a great time. Glad you'll get to go back home also. Eat plenty of asado and empanadas for me. mmmm...

Believe me, I will :yesey:

/OT: I wish I met you at the NY gigs D:

I did, it wasn't great. I didn't mean Muse needs the showy stage production to put on a good show... rather, when they're playing on an ugly, gigantic alien spaceship like U2's stage and all they're getting out of it are dinky little Christmas lights and a few spotlights, the stage becomes a huge distraction. I felt it definitely detracted from the music. I'd love to see Muse somewhere like Teatro Gran Rex where all they had was a screen and seating room for only a few thousand people.

I saw the U2 360 tour in D.C. and Atlanta ....give me a break with the "dinky little Christmas lights" description they had full video and more than their share of lights ....at Fed Ex field Muse even waited until it started getting dark before they came on.and played at least 9 songs and caused U2 to shorten their setlist by 2 songs becausethey came on so late on account of Muse

"Ugly gigantic alien spaceship" hmmm why do I get the sense if the U2 stage was Muse's stage it would be the greatest thing man has ever seen....the jealousy for U2 is unreal...Muse wouldn't have opened up/continue to open up for U2 if it wasn't beneficial for them

Ask Kings of Leon how quicky their careers took off after opening up for U2 in 2005

I saw the U2 360 tour in D.C. and Atlanta ....give me a break with the "dinky little Christmas lights" description they had full video and more than their share of lights ....at Fed Ex field Muse even waited until it started getting dark before they came on.and played at least 9 songs and caused U2 to shorten their setlist by 2 songs becausethey came on so late on account of Muse

"Ugly gigantic alien spaceship" hmmm why do I get the sense if the U2 stage was Muse's stage it would be the greatest thing man has ever seen....the jealousy for U2 is unreal...Muse wouldn't have opened up/continue to open up for U2 if it wasn't beneficial for them

Ask Kings of Leon how quicky their careers took off after opening up for U2 in 2005

Easy, partner. Don't turn this into a U2 vs. Muse discussion. It's been more than 10 years since I last gave a shit about U2, which is why I left halfway through their set last fall, but I'm not interested in attacking them or even defending Muse.

I have no problem with Muse opening for U2. My gripes were with the stage and the short sets. The stage is butt-fugly as hell, but that's beside the point. Had Muse had access to the stage production that U2 did, it wouldn't have been so awkward. Muse looked naked out there.

Muse's stadium stage this summer was just as ugly as U2's, if not worse, so there goes your "jealous of U2" allegation. And do check your facts: Muse played eight songs at FedEx. Every show except the first night in Jersey got eight.

And who are the ones jealous of U2, may I ask? :wtf:

I haven't seen Muse opening for U2 yet, and even though I paid over $300 already for 3 tickets I'm just doing it for Muse. U2 is way overrated IMO. Like it or not, I'm allowed to have it.

They only played 8 songs at that gig. HERE is the setlist ;)

Sorry to be Negative Nancy but I really don't think the show will be worth the money and trouble if Muse is the primary reason you're going. I'm holding out hope that they do play their own gigs or festivals down there next year. If they don't it'll be a huge step backwards from when they last toured South America.
I'll take that advice. Let's wait for Lollapalooza, otherwise...I'll download the bootleg...again, damn...I wanted so much to see Muse this time.

I saw the setlist in setlist.fm, well...that's more than enough to NOT going to the U2 concert. Does anyone know if they are playing the same 8 songs in the other supporting acts? (it seems that I won't have my Butterflies & Hurricanes Live :()

By the way, how many nights did U2 played last time? In Chile was one.

Believe me, I will :yesey:

/OT: I wish I met you at the NY gigs D:

Yeah that sucks, but I'm sure we'll meet sooner or later at the rate that you're going to shows. It's only a matter of time before I start wanting to see Muse again and then traveling to get my fix. Or maybe I'll see you in Argentina!

I'll take that advice. Let's wait for Lollapalooza, otherwise...I'll download the bootleg...again, damn...I wanted so much to see Muse this time.

I saw the setlist in setlist.fm, well...that's more than enough to NOT going to the U2 concert. Does anyone know if they are playing the same 8 songs in the other supporting acts? (it seems that I won't have my Butterflies & Hurricanes Live :()

By the way, how many nights did U2 played last time? In Chile was one.

They did around 10 shows last year in the U.S. The only stop to get two dates was New Jersey. I went to the first of two nights there, which happened to be the only gig on the tour to get nine songs, but the "bonus songs" we got were Resistance and Undisclosed Desires. The following night got Plug in Baby instead. Woop-dee-do either way. :indiff:

You will sell the first date to go to the second? Or not go at all? :stunned:

Umm, I might just sell all of them :erm: I love them, Muse, you know.. but I saw them by themselves there and everywhere I went. Spending over 2000 dollars for 8 songs doesn't seem to work for me anymore. Just because I realized that they will only play the new ones, is just too much.I'd love to see them in south america, the vibe is so different :yesey: but dunno, I'll wait and see.

They did around 10 shows last year in the U.S. The only stop to get two dates was New Jersey. I went to the first of two nights there, which happened to be the only gig on the tour to get nine songs, but the "bonus songs" we got were Resistance and Undisclosed Desires. The following night got Plug in Baby instead. Woop-dee-do either way. :indiff:

^^ That's exactly what got me into this doubtful situation, Saw all the setlist and man that is disappointing :noey:

I know that they know that they can play anything down there, but if they are not doing a solo gig is because either they are not so sure about that or they just don't care :erm: so I'll just wait and see what I'll do.

I know that they know that they can play anything down there, but if they are not doing a solo gig is because either they are not so sure about that or they just don't care :erm: so I'll just wait and see what I'll do.

They don't even need to play. They could be standing in front of the stage for 90 min and the crowd would clap and freak out anyway. But again, 90 min, not 45 in a supporting act

By the way Naughtrish, which location have you got? Campo? platea? vip?

They don't even need to play. They could be standing in front of the stage for 90 min and the crowd would clap and freak out anyway. But again, 90 min, not 45 in a supporting act

By the way Naughtrish, which location have you got? Campo? platea? vip?

I have campo, and I aim to be in the inner circle :D

Archived