• 2 weeks later...

since September 2010, everyone is saying "a reliable source says..." but I haven't seen that source anywhere, so I'm starting to get a little bit skeptical about all that. There is only two things 100% confirmed:

1.- U2 has three dates in Mexico DF on May 2011

2.- Snow Patrol is the supporting band, NOT Muse.

Since I've only heard Snow once, is not a big loss. So, Matt...where the hell are you? hahaha

• 3 weeks later...
Well bearing in mind a 'full show' recently has meant a 15 or 16 song set you probably won't be too far off that.

As U2's support Muse will play 8 songs, plus concert goers will have to pay a buttload more to see those 8 songs than for a proper full show. So I can see why South Americans would be unhappy... I saw Muse open for U2 last fall and it was pretty disappointing.

As U2's support Muse will play 8 songs, plus concert goers will have to pay a buttload more to see those 8 songs than for a proper full show. So I can see why South Americans would be unhappy... I saw Muse open for U2 last fall and it was pretty disappointing.

Yes, I guess you're right.

But people aren't paying just to see Muse...they're paying to see U2's show, Muse are just the warm-up act. If they're complaining over ticket prices for someone else's show this is the wrong place for that complaint.

But people aren't paying just to see Muse...they're paying to see U2's show, Muse are just the warm-up act. If they're complaining over ticket prices for someone else's show this is the wrong place for that complaint.

I'd pay $80 to see both Muse and U2. That's a deal in my book. I think I paid almost $40 (for nosebleed seats) to see U2 in 1987.

Well obviously if you buy a ticket then you're going to be seeing both bands, but the point is that there may be people going that are more interested in seeing Muse than U2 -- and wouldn't pay to see U2 otherwise -- but they'll have to fork it over if that's all Muse is offering. People go to concerts more interested in seeing the opener than the headliner all the time. I think this is the right place for that complaint.

Well obviously if you buy a ticket then you're going to be seeing both bands, but the point is that there may be people going that are more interested in seeing Muse than U2 -- and wouldn't pay to see U2 otherwise -- but they'll have to fork it over if that's all Muse is offering. People go to concerts more interested in seeing the opener than the headliner all the time. I think this is the right place for that complaint.

Personally, if people are willing to pay such a price knowing that the band they want to see is only supporting, then I don't see on what grounds they can complain on. I'm sure Muse will get round to playing their own headline shows in South America, but I still think it's wrong to complain when it's not even Muse's show, it's U2's.

Archived