While backpacking South America the past few months I've noticed Muse gets a lot of love here. At a bar in Rio de Janeiro the other night the house played Hyper Music and The Groove of all songs! I've never even gotten a sniff of those back in the states. If they come here as an opening act I'll pass, but if they headline I'll be back- hopefully rocking out to Dead Star and Space Dementia like in 2008!

I think at some point they will realize that supporting is not for them in Southamerica...

After sold out gigs... :noey: no, i refuse.

Plus like everyone knows, tickets for U2 are over the top... way to expensive and overrated. Sorry. I don't like U2. And if i have to pay 400 Argentinian pesos for 30 minutes of Muse.. i think i'll pass... and that means... no Muse for at least 2 years. AT LEAST!

i wish they would say something more real than a couple of tweets... I wish...

I tweeted them about supporting U2 but got no answer :(

I am not a fan of Bono & Co so I will NOT pay to see Muse for half a bloody hour. They are big enough to headline on their own.

MUSE WE WANT YOU IN SOUTH AMERICA DOING YOUR OWN GIG. PRETTY PLEASE?

Oh, and I don't care about the towers or the pyramid stage... I want them guys rocking the sh*t out like in the good old times :)

While backpacking South America the past few months I've noticed Muse gets a lot of love here. At a bar in Rio de Janeiro the other night the house played Hyper Music and The Groove of all songs! I've never even gotten a sniff of those back in the states. If they come here as an opening act I'll pass, but if they headline I'll be back- hopefully rocking out to Dead Star and Space Dementia like in 2008!

Sometimes there are some Muse special partys in Rio too and they are great :awesome:

They really have a lot of love over here and I hope they realise that and don't come just as a supporting band :(

+1 :(

I want a proper Muse gig in Southamerica in 2011

I tweeted them about supporting U2 but got no answer :(

I am not a fan of Bono & Co so I will NOT pay to see Muse for half a bloody hour. They are big enough to headline on their own.

MUSE WE WANT YOU IN SOUTH AMERICA DOING YOUR OWN GIG. PRETTY PLEASE?

Oh, and I don't care about the towers or the pyramid stage... I want them guys rocking the sh*t out like in the good old times :)

+1 :supersad:

If it's Muse rocking the sh*t outta here, I don't care about the stage. Chile 2008 was a piece of steel and a cool screen at the bottom, and was a freaking awesome concert. It's "almost ok" that Muse support U2 in their US or Europe 360º Tour, as they usually (both bono and matt) had played there a few more times and they have summer festivals, tv music shows, etc; in this part of the hemisphere we have only seen Muse live once, and I don't want to attend to the second time only for a 45-min support act.

And if i have to pay 400 Argentinian pesos for 30 minutes of Muse..
+1, though the sentence "30 minutes of Muse" actually hurts when you think about the 2 hours show Bono will do. I respect U2 as a band but I don't like it, and I don't want to see them live and I don't want to pay for a band I don't want to see live.

While backpacking South America the past few months I've noticed Muse gets a lot of love here.
In gigs, we are good screamers, I remember an interview where Dom said something like "It was the first time I saw people freaking out just because of the jamming, we hadn't even started to play" ;)

My dad told me (since U2 -and as we all know Muse is opening the show- aren’t coming to Lima) that we could go either to Chile, Brazil or Argentina :D :D:D

BUT here’s what i need to know, the costs of the tickets of the flights (from Lima to either Chile, Brazil or Argentina) AND the most important thing, the costs of the tickets of the concert.

help please!!!

(you can reply in spanish if you want :))

I know the Muse-U2 thing looks like it's going to happen but it isn't official yet so hold your horses! You're 14? Shouldn't your dad be taking care of these arrangements? :confused: FYI, flights from Lima to Santiago will probably be the cheapest. It's also the shortest route. As for ticket prices, I hope you like U2 because tickets are sure to be expensive.

A thread about Muse possibly opening for U2 already exists, so continue the discussion here: http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=68960&page=4

EDIT:

I'm seeing more reports about Muse opening for U2, so I'll assume this is happening. I wasn't going to attend, but I got a taste of the legendary South American crowds Wed. night at the RATM gig in Buenos Aires and it blew my mind. Anyone else see them this past week in Sao Paulo or Santiago? If the U2/Muse crowds are anything like RATM's it'll be well worth the trip: 30,000 fans all jumping, moshing, chanting and singing all the tunes non-stop. I need to bring some of this spirit back to the U.S. where they're mostly just observing, not participating...

My dad told me (since U2 -and as we all know Muse is opening the show- aren’t coming to Lima) that we could go either to Chile, Brazil or Argentina :D :D:D

BUT here’s what i need to know, the costs of the tickets of the flights (from Lima to either Chile, Brazil or Argentina) AND the most important thing, the costs of the tickets of the concert.

help please!!!

(you can reply in spanish if you want :))

According to u2br fansite, GA tickets for U2 are rumored to cost between R$400 and R$300 here in Brazil...it's like between $240 and $180. And you have to be really fast because they sold out in one hour or maybe half hour!

There are some rumours that they will announce the dates in October,18. But we don't know when they'll announce the supporting band.

I know the Muse-U2 thing looks like it's going to happen but it isn't official yet so hold your horses! You're 14? Shouldn't your dad be taking care of these arrangements? :confused: FYI, flights from Lima to Santiago will probably be the cheapest. It's also the shortest route. As for ticket prices, I hope you like U2 because tickets are sure to be expensive.

A thread about Muse possibly opening for U2 already exists, so continue the discussion here: http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=68960&page=4

EDIT:

I'm seeing more reports about Muse opening for U2, so I'll assume this is happening. I wasn't going to attend, but I got a taste of the legendary South American crowds Wed. night at the RATM gig in Buenos Aires and it blew my mind. Anyone else see them this past week in Sao Paulo or Santiago? If the U2/Muse crowds are anything like RATM's it'll be well worth the trip: 30,000 fans all jumping, moshing, chanting and singing all the tunes non-stop. I need to bring some of this spirit back to the U.S. where they're mostly just observing, not participating...

The crowd here it's always great, last time that Muse came here they played in small gigs and the crowd was amazing, you can see from the videos :D

And the U2 fans are like that too, search on youtube for videos from U2 in Sao Paulo in 2006..I don't like U2 that much, but I watched this gig of 2006 on tv and it was beautiful! I bet that will be so much better live!

here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P21qrVQN0Vc

:D

Sometimes there are some Muse special partys in Rio too and they are great :awesome:

They really have a lot of love over here and I hope they realise that and don't come just as a supporting band :(

There's a bar here in Buenos Aires that has these "special nights" too. Tonight's Muse night. :) Last saturday was Arctic Monkeys-The Strokes' night. Looks like a cool place. I'd like to go someday.

As for Muse opening U2's 360º Tour in south america, it looks like it's confirmed. (page is in spanish)

Rough translation:

Muse in Argentina

The British group will come to South America as support for U2 in March - April to present their last studio album, "The Resistance".

Led by Matt Bellamy, Muse will return to revise their hits and to play their last compositions.

It's not ruled out that there might be, as it happened with Franz Ferdinand in the previous U2 tour, an exclusive show in a stage/venue to be confirmed.

Up to the moment, the dates confirmed of the shows of Bono and Co in Argentina would be in March 31 and April 1st, in River.

So, based on this, it seems that there is an interest to negotiate a Muse solo show. I keep my hopes up. :musesign:

There's a bar here in Buenos Aires that has these "special nights" too. Tonight's Muse night. :) Last saturday was Arctic Monkeys-The Strokes' night. Looks like a cool place. I'd like to go someday.

"Muse night"? :eek: What bar is this? I'm getting off work soon and would like to check it out as this is my last weekend in Buenos Aires before going back to the U.S.

micaelams, though is probably cheaper Lima-Santiago than Lima-Buenos Aires, I believe Argentina itself is cheaper than Chile, again...not sure. You can check out Lan.cl for chilean airlines.

I need to bring some of this spirit back to the U.S. where they're mostly just observing, not participating...
True true, but I like it in our way, I mean...if you're not going to freak out in a rock concert, ...don't go! Buy the dvd then! hahaha

And, people from Argentina:

No se descarta que haya, tal como pasara con Franz Ferdinand en el tour anterior de U2, un show exclusivo en un escenario a confirmar.
...Where and when was that? Did Franz play a solo concert there too?

I don't remember well where and when, but in a peruan site I read that Muse/U2 was almost confirmed for Lima, and from there the whole rumour began.

*Two min later*

It was NOT here, but it's almost the same information.

EDIT:

I went to RATM in São Paulo, fucking phenomenal crowd, yet almost god killed within it. :(

Had to move way back due to very real death possibilities. :mad:

I went to RATM in São Paulo, fucking phenomenal crowd, yet almost god killed within it. :(

Had to move way back due to very real death possibilities. :mad:

QOTSA opened for RATM in Buenos Aires and I remember being so frightened by the QOTSA crowd (:LOL:) that I moved my ass from about 15 meters from the stage after QOTSA to about 30 meters from the stage for RATM. It ended up not helping at all because everyone in front, to the sides and behind me ended up moshing just as violently. :eek:

As a huge U2 fan, I would have loved this to have happened in North America. Although I would want to see Muse as both a headliner and as the supporting act.

Meh, since it doesn't affect me, I couldn't care less. But it would have been great to see both bands on stage.

You do realize Muse opened for U2 in the U.S. last fall? After Muse's set, I left about a half hour into U2's performance. Ticket prices in South America are much pricier so it'd be terrible for Muse fans to have to pay US$150 to catch 45 minutes of Muse. :noey:

And, people from Argentina:

...Where and when was that? Did Franz play a solo concert there too?

it was in March.. pretty expensive though :erm:

i was here so i couldnt go.. but... meh..

anyways, even if i'm not there, i wish muse could go and play by themselves you know?

U2 is just... old and expensive, sorry... i dont like them.

And if Muse goes there in 2011, that means that they won't go again for at least another 2 years... :noey:

Yeah, indeed...no Muse in 2011, means no Muse until a long time.

After Muse's set, I left about a half hour into U2's performance. Ticket prices in South America are much pricier so it'd be terrible for Muse fans to have to pay US$150 to catch 45 minutes of Muse.
And less time means shorter impro's in order to play more songs. And Muse without random riff's and improvisation, is not a Muse gig. And I'm not even talking about the price problem =/

Meh, since it doesn't affect me, I couldn't care less. But it would have been great to see both bands on stage.
But nobody supporting nobody. That's the point

• 2 weeks later...
I hope they come to Mexico (maybe headline?) I have plans to give the guys gifts for the show :)

Snow Patrol will open for U2 in Mexico, I think tickets sold out in one hour or something :eek:

I don't know nothing about Muse headline here.. There are some rumours that they will come to a festival in Argentina in February, but the source it's not reliable :(

Snow Patrol will open for U2 in Mexico, I think tickets sold out in one hour or something :eek:

I don't know nothing about Muse headline here.. There are some rumours that they will come to a festival in Argentina in February, but the source it's not reliable :(

They came once but if they do do stuff in South America it is likeable for them to make a stop or two in Mexico.

They may open up for U2 in South America (minus mexico) but their possibility of headlining before they call it quits is likeable.

They came once but if they do do stuff in South America it is likeable for them to make a stop or two in Mexico.

They may open up for U2 in South America (minus mexico) but their possibility of headlining before they call it quits is likeable.

I really hope they'll do that! It will be my first gig and I really want a full show :D

Archived